• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

jackson113

Are you happy with the current direction of the Panthers at this time.

Are you happy with the current direction of the panthers?   

151 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with current direction of the Panthers right now

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Nope not at all. You don't fix a dam by placing bubble gum in its cracks.

Is this a trick question?

I mean the Panthers have a future like the Bills ahead of them for the next decade or so if they don't get things changed up soon.

It’s not very encouraging. We are not really making any changes that matter. Ron might fire another assistant but Washington or Rodgers  keeping any kinda job is disheartening. Everyone says he’s a great DL coach but name one player that we’ve drafted that has over achieved under Washington 

not at all, and since there seem to be tepper shills here i'm gonna guess this is the plan.  don't do squat, send out the minions to say be patient, teppie is a genius.

9 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

doesn't really matter who your DL coach is when your best pass rusher is Mario Addison. KK is overpaid, Poe is trash, Butler is a bust, and there aren't better options behind those guys.

Absolutely right...

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

Forget coaching changes or firing the GM or any of that.  After such a monumental collapse to end the season, after such a promising start, shouldn't something be said or done by someone in a leadership role with this franchise to address the frustrated and disappointed fan base?  And I get that Cam was hurt, I get all that, but you can't completely fall apart in such a pathetic fashion and just coast into the off-season without some form or gesture of reassurance to the fans.  This is what bothers me more than anything.  Keep the current staff, fine, but give us some insight into why next year will be better by making no changes.

And no, unceremoniously terminating Thomas Davis, the ultimate Panther, is not how you send a message of change to the fans.

What do we want for TD, a parade?

he made multi millions and is set financially for life

his play was barely above average this year

the only reassuring we fans need is to get better players on our team

Not at all! Maybe just because of my own expectations. Having a new owner,  I expected him to make immediate changes because of loss skid, but nothing. Maybe he didn't think the was a better option, idk. Allowing Assistants to be fired that had no direct impact on the loses and keeping those in their same positions that did,  is ridiculous! And not resigning Thomas Davis, the 2nd best LB on the team is crazy.

Edited by PantherPhann89

Got rid of one of our defensive line coaches (pass rush was a major issue), got rid of a secondary coach. As of right now, it looks like they are trying to replace those coaches with well proven coaches. Washington, whom IS a good coach, is getting the help he needs, and defensive calls will be made by one of the best in the business. 

Not sure how much.more can honestly be asked for. Anybody whom truly expected Rivera to be gone, were way on on a limb with no real support. 

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

Forget coaching changes or firing the GM or any of that.  After such a monumental collapse to end the season, after such a promising start, shouldn't something be said or done by someone in a leadership role with this franchise to address the frustrated and disappointed fan base?  And I get that Cam was hurt, I get all that, but you can't completely fall apart in such a pathetic fashion and just coast into the off-season without some form or gesture of reassurance to the fans.  This is what bothers me more than anything.  Keep the current staff, fine, but give us some insight into why next year will be better by making no changes.

And no, unceremoniously terminating Thomas Davis, the ultimate Panther, is not how you send a message of change to the fans.

Don't you think they are still working on that plan? 

I honestly don't think there is ANYTHING they could say that would change the majority of opinions just here on the huddle, not to mention Panther fans everywhere. 

No.

I expected Tepper to get this thing poppin... not the way I would do things, but that's why he is rolling in cash and I'm sitting in a cubicle.

I've seem more dissatisfaction with 9 months of Tepper's ownership than I saw in the last 25 years of Jerry Richardson...who more than failed the franchise, he was an embarrassment.

Why is this?