• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

rodeo

a sitting gop congressman lamented white supremacy being considered a bad thing

But Saha and the others upset about the word motherfuger enough to make a thread didn't think this warranted attention. Do you guys remember when Saha made a thread about the motherfuger thing the other day and then did you notice that he didn't think this was bad enough to care about

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/424688-steve-king-asks-how-terms-white-nationalist-and-white-supremacist-became

• Pie 3

I think "white" nationalism is not really a thing, it's simply a phrase coined by the left to make it sound racist.

I am completely against white supremacy obviously, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with nationalism. 

also, directly from your link. probably want to change the thread title

King later on Thursday, responding to the Times article, said he is not a white nationalist or white supremacist. 

"I want to make one thing abundantly clear; I reject those labels and the evil ideology that they define. Further, I condemn anyone that supports this evil and bigoted ideology which saw in its ultimate expression the systematic murder of 6 million innocent Jewish lives," he said in a statement.

"It's true that like the Founding Fathers I am an advocate for Western Civilization's values, and that I profoundly believe that America is the greatest tangible expression of these ideals the World has ever seen. Under any fair political definition, I am simply a Nationalist."

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

That's actually because you're very stupid

meaning "white" should not be attached to nationalism. that's more white supremacy if anything

i'm a nationalist, but people on this board are so quick to call me a white nationalist, including anyone on the left whenever they see the word nationalism thrown around

And regarding king's disclaimer, he literally spoke at a polish white supremacist event like last month. He's been a known neonazi for a long time, it was just interesting to hear him actually endorse white nationalism openly

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

meaning "white" should not be attached to nationalism. that's more white supremacy if anything

i'm a nationalist, but people on this board are so quick to call me a white nationalist, including anyone on the left whenever they see the word nationalism thrown around

Research white nationalism then reply to me again and apologize for saying the left made it up

• Pie 1

Just now, rodeo said:

Research white nationalism then reply to me again and apologize for saying the left made it up

there's many african americans in the US who advocate political independence, sovereignty, and national identity.

do we call them black nationalists? 

13 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

there's many african americans in the US who advocate political independence, sovereignty, and national identity.

do we call them black nationalists? 

Don't reply to me again until you actually research white nationalism instead of arguing like you know everything. At least look up the Wikipedia page or something

• Pie 4

25 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Don't reply to me again until you actually research white nationalism instead of arguing like you know everything. At least look up the Wikipedia page or something

my apologies, i stand corrected. I've heard the phrase thrown around so much that I honestly thought it was simply white people believing in the sovereignty of our nation. 

White nationalists say they seek to ensure the survival of the white race, and the cultures of traditionally white ethnic groups

White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

"I want to make one thing abundantly clear; I reject those labels and the evil ideology that they define. Further, I condemn anyone that supports this evil and bigoted ideology which saw in its ultimate expression the systematic murder of 6 million innocent Jewish lives," he said in a statement.

I think King is a racist based on other statements.  This one alone I dont have a problem with. He struggled to make a full argument so his words were kind of pointless.

Edited by Cat

uh, ecat, if you don't think there is anything wrong with nationalism you really haven't looked at history.

7 hours ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

my apologies, i stand corrected. I've heard the phrase thrown around so much that I honestly thought it was simply white people believing in the sovereignty of our nation. 

thank you.

this is what the alt-right was founded on, richard spencer (coiner of the phrase alt-right) is an avowed white nationalist. he wants a whites only nation by means of genociding or deporting all minorities. the marchers in charlottesville (proud boys, identity evropa, etc) chanting "blood and soil" are white nationalists, blood and soil (blut und boden) is a nazi-era phrase meaning that only those of white blood can live on and work the land/soil.

2 hours ago, Cat said:

White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

I think King is a racist based on other statements.  This one alone I dont have a problem with. He struggled to make a full argument so his words were kind of pointless.

these are two different instances to two different audiences that are being squashed together in your quote. he didn't say "how did white nationalist become offensive, i reject that evil ideology." he said "how did white nationalist become offensive" and then later, when asked what the fug by the NYT, he 'rejected' it in a statement to them. there's no question that he endorsed white nationalism very intentionally.

9 minutes ago, rodeo said:

these are two different instances to two different audiences that are being squashed together in your quote. he didn't say "how did white nationalist become offensive, i reject that evil ideology." he said "how did white nationalist become offensive" and then later, when asked what the fug by the NYT, he 'rejected' it in a statement to them. there's no question that he endorsed white nationalism very intentionally.

I'm pretty sure that is from the same NYT interview.