• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Lumps

Tepper is not JR

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

forcing rivera to take over the defense? are we just making up things now?

I'm not talking about Tepper telling Rivera what to do. I'm talking about getting Rivera in the mindset he coaches best in - what you'd call the 'hot seat', taking things into his own hands, which means not hiring another idiot from within to run a defense. Back to the subject, JR would never, ever make RR feel this way.

See JR's pie chart.

I believe Tepper would fire Rivera under contact if he had another losing season, I know JR would not.

Edited by Lumps

41 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I really would like to know which HC candidate not named Arians could do a better job than Ron(and remember, Arians has never beaten Ron). Everyone wants the next McVay(hasn’t won a playoff game yet)or someone who knows him or looks like him. 

Tepper is showing patience and will deal with Ron and Marty at the appropriate time. If you want Tepper to just blow it all up you show your ignorance of how to run a business.

Exactly. He didn't become worth 11B with that mindset

• Pie 1

Tepper was the guy Richardson wanted to buy it.

Obviously Richardson knew he wasn't going to find somebody younger than him in 2018 with Jerry's ideals to buy the team, so Tepper was the next best thing.

Also, to the people saying "..tHe nFl MaDe hIm sElL iT tO TePpeR - TePpEr wAs tHe lOwEsT BiDdEr, JeRrY wOuLdNt oF sOlD iT tO tHe lOwEsT bIdDeR iF iT wAs hIs ChOiCe.."

The whole reason Tepper bought the team with the lowest bid is because Jerry wanted him to buy it. You ever have a friend or acquaintance that wanted to buy something you are selling, and your friend says, FOR YOU, I can do it for cheaper than I could somebody else, but since you're my boy, FOR YOU, I can do this lesser price over my higher normal price.

JR is still linked to this franchise by virtue of, the guy he sold it to, Jerry chose. Tepper is essentially a Jerry Richardson hire.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

It's going to take most of the year and maybe all of it for the reality to unfold. If the team tanks, which is a reasonable expectation given historical data and known moves made so far, Tepper has a huge chance to prove he isn't JR and that he is better than JR as an owner. This season is basically Rivera's and Hurney's chance to disprove their history. What Tepper does with it is still up in the air. After JR's PR stunts and BS, I'm not really capable of blind optimism. Maybe not even reasonable optimism. Prove it. Good start and then a huge stall at best. 

It's going to be a brutal year. Buckle up. Keep pounding. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 2

And also, I can understand the league forcing Jerry to sell

but how can you believe the league also got to choose who he sold it to?

That was Jerry's team, he could have sold it to anybody he wanted to.

1 minute ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

Obviously Richardson knew he wasn't going to find somebody younger than him in 2018 with Jerry's ideals to buy the team, so Tepper was the next best thing.

Also, to the people saying "..tHe nFl MaDe hIm sElL iT tO TePpeR - TePpEr wAs tHe lOwEsT BiDdEr, JeRrY wOuLdNt oF sOlD iT tO tHe lOwEsT bIdDeR iF iT wAs hIs ChOiCe.."

The whole reason Tepper bought the team with the lowest bid is because Jerry wanted him to buy it. You ever have a friend or acquaintance that wanted to buy something you are selling, and your friend says, FOR YOU, I can do it for cheaper than I could somebody else, but since you're my boy, FOR YOU, I can do this lesser price over my higher normal price.

JR is still linked to this franchise by virtue of, the guy he sold it to, Jerry chose. Tepper is essentially a Jerry Richardson hire.

I love how everyone is convinced Navarro would be the best owner in history. Tepper had cash, everyone else was financing. Jerry is at the end of his life, so 2.2 prob isn’t much better then 2.6 to him. If Tepper was Jerry’s boy, he wouldn’t of worried about contractually obligating him to keep the statue.

I have a feeling Tepper will have growing pains. I also question how much he cares about winning.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 4

14 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

Go back to the team you really root for bandwagon clown. Leave Panthers of the list you made to come to their board and run off trash comments like this.

1 minute ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Go back to the team you really root for bandwagon clown. Leave Panthers of the list you made to come to their board and run off trash comments like this.

I'm a die hard Panthers fan and I still think very highly of Jerry Richardson. Because I like Richardson, naturally, I am happy Richardson was able to get the guy he wanted as next owner.

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

And also, I can understand the league forcing Jerry to sell

but how can you believe the league also got to choose who he sold it to?

That was Jerry's team, he could have sold it to anybody he wanted to.

If that was the case then why is Tepper wanting the statue removed dufus. Try researching before ranting these zero relevance comments with no basis on anything.