• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

top dawg

PFF gives Moton props

Just draft a left tackle like Jawann Taylor and then keep Moron at Right tackle—

i meant Moton... truly.

10 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Just draft a left tackle like Jawann Taylor and then keep Moron at Right tackle—

i meant Moton... truly.

You mean the guy who only played RT in college? 

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You mean the guy who only played RT in college? 

Yep,...

You mean the dude who’s playing the dude, who thinks he’s another dude,..

hell which ever side he fits the best. Some scouting reports have him playing left tackle in the NFL and some say guard or RT.

the point was, whether he or Little or if Williams drops to us(because he may go 3rd round Like a lot of early favorites do or top 10 like many think.)

either way, take the best tackle there and put Moton on one side and the new guy on the other.

ha

Edited by JARROD

2 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Yep,...

You mean the dude who’s playing the dude, who thinks he’s another dude,..

hell which ever side he fits the best. Some scouting reports have him playing left tackle in the NFL and some say guard or RT.

the point was, whether he or Little or if Williams drops to us(because he may go 3rd round Like a lot of early favorites do or top 10 like many think.)

either way, take the best tackle there and put Moton on one side and the new guy on the other.

ha

So just pick anyone with an OT next to their name. Regardless of skill or experience or anything relevant. Sounds like a solid plan to avoid reaching for a player. My bad. 

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So just pick anyone with an OT next to their name. Regardless of skill or experience or anything relevant. Sounds like a solid plan to avoid reaching for a player. My bad. 

Watcha talking about Willis,..

some scouting reports have the guy as a Left Tackle and the most talented in the draft.

others say he sucks— like you. I didn’t say anything about overreaching—

but you don’t know any more than anyone else.

every year sure fire guys bust or fall a couple of rounds and some rise or turn out better than the haters think.

my point was the best tackle there.

if they all suck draft something else.

dont be so square

1 minute ago, JARROD said:

Watcha talking about Willis,..

some scouting reports have the guy as a Left Tackle and the most talented in the draft.

others say he sucks— like you. I didn’t say anything about overreaching—

but you don’t know any more than anyone else.

every year sure fire guys bust or fall a couple of rounds and some rise or turn out better than the haters think.

my point was the best tackle there.

if they all suck draft something else.

dont be so square

I deserved this for trying to be logical to begin with. I should have known better. What’s square mean these days? Able to use logic and reason in a discussion? 

24 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I deserved this for trying to be logical to begin with. I should have known better. What’s square mean these days? Able to use logic and reason in a discussion? 

just means can’t paint outside the lines.

also, logic is what people tell themselves they are doing when they are trying to rationalize their emotions

you want a certain player or certain type so me saying I want a Tackle will welcome any manner of “logic” from you against it.

me wanting a tackle there will warrant any “logic” from me defending it.

all logic comes from emotions. 

If you feel a defensive end is what you want,.. go for it. Say what you want.

some will say they just want the best player available— but bash any player mentioned... because they want a certain player but are scared to say.

so what is it that you want? I won’t bash. I’m ok with OT, DE, OLB, Safety, Receiver, CB,..

whatever in those is the best so be it. 

I’m not ok drafting a QB, not ok drafting a RB, FB but could live with a TE or Center/Guard— again, if they are truly going to make a meaningful impact.

15 minutes ago, JARROD said:

just means can’t paint outside the lines.

also, logic is what people tell themselves they are doing when they are trying to rationalize their emotions

you want a certain player or certain type so me saying I want a Tackle will welcome any manner of “logic” from you against it.

me wanting a tackle there will warrant any “logic” from me defending it.

all logic comes from emotions. 

If you feel a defensive end is what you want,.. go for it. Say what you want.

some will say they just want the best player available— but bash any player mentioned... because they want a certain player but are scared to say.

so what is it that you want? I won’t bash. I’m ok with OT, DE, OLB, Safety, Receiver, CB,..

whatever in those is the best so be it. 

I’m not ok drafting a QB, not ok drafting a RB, FB but could live with a TE or Center/Guard— again, if they are truly going to make a meaningful impact.

As I clearly stated(on this very page) we have no idea what we “need”, specifically, until DW is decided and FA is over. So I’m not in favor of any certain player. And I’m sure not saying “draft a position no matter what”. That’s all you. 

You made a general statement like that, and are still defending that stance. And doing it by telling me I’m wanting a certain player or position. If we somehow resign Williams, are we still taking the best OT available? 

And it’s obvious you have no “logic” in anything you say. By any crazy definition you want to make up for it. 

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

He’s a guard and is worse than Kalil at LT. Just getting those out of the way.

Just shows how bad the rest of the league is...

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

I hope not. Teams trying to “make” quality LTs out of subpar talent is a major reason so many busts come at LT. I’m sure by the time the draft rolls around, there will be a couple that suddenly rise up boards because the need is there for a lot of teams including us. 

I have confidence in Moton. But I don’t have confidence that we will be able to sign Williams. He’s going to be the top available OT. Even coming off his injury. A more “cap-rich” team can afford to take a chance on him much easier than us. Even in this scenario, I go with Moton at LT and use the 10M or so to either sign more OL help or address DL with it, and start trying to get a RT at 47. 

Until we know what Williams is doing, and where else we spend, it’s difficult to even speculate. But it’s no fun not to. 

Need to draft 2 versatile OT...there are several who can play inside and outside...

10 hours ago, Toomers said:

As I clearly stated(on this very page) we have no idea what we “need”, specifically, until DW is decided and FA is over. So I’m not in favor of any certain player. And I’m sure not saying “draft a position no matter what”. That’s all you. 

You made a general statement like that, and are still defending that stance. And doing it by telling me I’m wanting a certain player or position. If we somehow resign Williams, are we still taking the best OT available? 

And it’s obvious you have no “logic” in anything you say. By any crazy definition you want to make up for it. 

Hurney takes the BPA. He does that. We took Luke when we had Jon Beason still at 100% back then remember?

sometimes if he has 2-3 players that are in a bubble he will also take a need.

so don’t get your panties in a bunch if that ends up being a Left Tackle,

i wont get upset if that’s a tightend or a wide receiver— what if it is?

he does that.

9 hours ago, heel31ok said:

Need to draft 2 versatile OT...there are several who can play inside and outside...

Thank you—

these guys start going nuts saying draft a BPA not a need but then avoid the BPA because they don’t think it’s a need.

cant have it both ways, drives me nuts.

of course I want the player that’s going to be the best for us and have a great impact at the same time.

if that’s BPA another wide receiver, everyone will go nuts, but that’s BPA if that player is on your board better than the DE you think you need.

DE have one of the highest 1st round bust rates but people still go nuts for them.

im more high on some of the 3-4 DE and some of the 3-4 OLB than the 4-3 DE from the scouting reports.

but we need 2 OT and I would be happy if that’s what we drafted back to back

8 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Hurney takes the BPA. He does that. We took Luke when we had Jon Beason still at 100% back then remember?

sometimes if he has 2-3 players that are in a bubble he will also take a need.

so don’t get your panties in a bunch if that ends up being a Left Tackle,

i wont get upset if that’s a tightend or a wide receiver— what if it is?

he does that.

Let me add, which may be the most important of all, that Hurney hits on legitimate starters in the first. He does that! 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Let me add, which may be the most important of all, that Hurney hits on legitimate starters in the first. He does that! 

Exactly. 

Me saying I want that to be an OT is just that. 

But saying I don’t want it to be a DE, when in fact that BPA could end up being a DE is of course defeating the BPA strategy.

if Hurney drafts a DE, 3-4 DE, OLB, OT, CB, WR,.. I trust that player will have a great immediate impact like Luke, Stewart, Otah until he got hurt, Thomas davis, Cam Newton, DJ Moore,..

as long as he doesn’t go pushing off for any Everette Browns or clausens— that killed us.

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

Thank you—

these guys start going nuts saying draft a BPA not a need but then avoid the BPA because they don’t think it’s a need.

cant have it both ways, drives me nuts.

of course I want the player that’s going to be the best for us and have a great impact at the same time.

if that’s BPA another wide receiver, everyone will go nuts, but that’s BPA if that player is on your board better than the DE you think you need.

DE have one of the highest 1st round bust rates but people still go nuts for them.

im more high on some of the 3-4 DE and some of the 3-4 OLB than the 4-3 DE from the scouting reports.

but we need 2 OT and I would be happy if that’s what we drafted back to back

Wait, what? We need 2 tackles? Did Moton get cut? You want to pick tackles in the first and second and do what with Moton?

By the way, look at the T bust rate in the first round in the last 4 drafts and realize that 2016 was actually a good tackle class compared to the rest. 2019 tackles in the draft are more like 2015, 2017 and 2018 and most of the success has been RT or guys moved to guard (because they weren’t good tackles).

I really hope we try to resign Williams. We can improve our entire team so much more that way by going DL heavy and C/G. Our weak spots right now on OL are that we have one tackle, Van Roten and Larsen. Signing Williams makes the OL fix very easy. We could make a really good OL in two picks (2nd and one of the 3rds or 4th) or one pick (2nd) and a FA.

Edited by stbugs