• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Kyle Bailey suggests defense going 3-4 is an option

9 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Addison would be an OLB. Hes nowhere close to being a 3-4 DE. Those guys typically go 290 lbs on the low side 

Addison would have to be cut or just wouldn't see the field if we swapped to a 3-4.  We've seen him in coverage and YIKES it isn't pretty.  Can you imagine him covering a RB or slot receiver in the flats?  Yeah.... that's first down city every time.  Just one of the many reasons it doesn't make sense to switch to a 3-4  (unless we want to be really really bad on defense for at least a couple years)

47 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

Addison would have to be cut or just wouldn't see the field if we swapped to a 3-4.  We've seen him in coverage and YIKES it isn't pretty.  Can you imagine him covering a RB or slot receiver in the flats?  Yeah.... that's first down city every time.  Just one of the many reasons it doesn't make sense to switch to a 3-4  (unless we want to be really really bad on defense for at least a couple years)

you could use Addison as a down hill rushing LB and move him around. it's been done before with success. his snap count would go down a bit but that might be an advantage for him since he would be fresh more often.

6 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I'd love it. One reason our pass rush has faltered is because we can't find any good DE's to fit our scheme. One reason for that is because more and more colleges are going to the 3-4 now. The best pass rushers at the college level are starting to rely on speed and athleticism as opposed to strength and power. You'll see now, even with this draft most of the best pass rushers are labeled as "EDGE" players as opposed to DE's. I think the route to building a great pass rush again could be through a 3-4.

3-4 and nickel defense. Ronald wants to be stuck in a 4-3 and soft zone like its 2011. Draft busts like Hall and Butler. poo even KK has been in struggle mode since his money and Star is gone. It's very frustrating. I'm hoping this year woke some people up

Edited by beastson

6 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I'd love it. One reason our pass rush has faltered is because we can't find any good DE's to fit our scheme. One reason for that is because more and more colleges are going to the 3-4 now. The best pass rushers at the college level are starting to rely on speed and athleticism as opposed to strength and power. You'll see now, even with this draft most of the best pass rushers are labeled as "EDGE" players as opposed to DE's. I think the route to building a great pass rush again could be through a 3-4.

Clemson had a pretty good pass rush with 4 down lineman

our problem is that our front 4 suck

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, bull123 said:

We don’t have the personnel to play solid defense with 12 men on the field

You can only field 11 players on a defense. Watch football. Good Lord. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Clemson had a pretty good pass rush with 4 down lineman

our problem is that our front 4 suck

Never once did I say no good teams run a 4-3 in college anymore lol

15 hours ago, 4Corners said:

You can only field 11 players on a defense. Watch football. Good Lord. 

im kinda hoping he knew that and was trying to make a funny.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:48 PM, Sub Zero said:

Is this true??

Yeah lots more undersized elite pass rushers coming out of college these days.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:24 AM, CPF4LIFE said:

So that makes up for the 3 games they scored 30+ on us last year?  I dont think one good game by the defense at home after being terrible all season changes things. 

You were discussing the difference Rivera would make. Well, the Rivera difference was from 30 points to 12. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You were discussing the difference Rivera would make. Well, the Rivera difference was from 30 points to 12. 

It's almost like scheme is almost as important as talent or what formation you use.

Edited by TN05

On 1/11/2019 at 7:58 PM, Red Dead Redemption said:

DE: Kawann Short

DT: Dexter Lawrence

DE: Dontari Poe / Vernon Butler

OLB: Mario Addison

MLB: Shaq Thompson 

MLB: Luke Kuechly 

OLB: Jadeveon Clowney 

CB: James Bradberry 

CB: Donte Jackson

SS: Nasir Adderley 

FS: Haha Clinton-Dix

BAHAHAHAHAHA NO

We'd probably try to keep Peppers to start him at OLB then draft an interior guy. Poe/Butler are gone. Your safeties are a joke.

• Poo 1

21 hours ago, TN05 said:

It's almost like scheme is almost as important as talent or what formation you use.

Almost. Almost like coaching matters. 

My primary example of the ineptitude of Washington was the Steelers game. Watching Kuechly blitz every third down while the middle of the field was wide open on 3rd and 8 is burned in my memory. Also the Steelers running a Wide 9 variant of the 3-4 and Norv continuing to send CMC out to chip and get to a passing lane was terrible.