Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthers55

The evolution is in process

One of the many huddle complaints about Ron is that he doesn't do anything unless he has to and that he never looks at the coaches or himself just blames the players.

This was a good read and gives me optimism for the upcoming season. And answers a few questions 

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article225934655.html

You have a coach with 6 Lombardi's that changes everything about his team/scheme from week to week, then you have the coaches like Ron who stubbornly make any changes at all.

Brutal to watch.

I'm just skeptical. I'll believe it it when I see it.

It seems like Ron always has to think hes on the verge of being fired to change anything he does and as soon as he's back to feeling comfortable he goes back to same old Ron.

so he's a d coordinator who doesn't understand how lb's and and the d backfield interact.  wow.   

article sounded like 'old man yells at clouds and recites ancient people philosophy at them'

I knew as soon as someone posted this, the usual suspects would be in here to gripe about it. It's refreshing to hear him admit what we've seen. I'm optimistic about next season. With something as inconsequential as football, why the heck would you waste your time feeling otherwise?!

It's been almost a decade with Rivera's same old outdated philosophy. I don't believe anything that comes out of this man's mouth. He's stuck in his ways and will never change.

Ron is clueless and this is fluff. If Ron was such a great coach, he wouldn't have to pitch his next big idea at how to fix his team. He would just adjust and adapt, it would be real cool if he could do that in a game. This sounds like a BS sales pitch. I expect Ron to evolve into another kind of dinosaur as the meteor lights the sky a pretty color of red death for him and his kind in this organization.

So it took him all season plus weeks of introspection to figure out what was wrong?

No wonder we can’t make intelligent in game adjustments.

Wont take long to find out if they are going to a multi front look. watch free agency, who they cut and then who is brought in draft prospect wise. 

His line of reasoning is that because our loss to a crappy Lions team wasn't a blowout that no changes or adjustments were necessary. Who in their right mind thinks that way?

13 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Unfortunately it just seems like Ron, while a nice guy, just isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The guy knows defensive football. Most people don't like being forced out of their comfort zone. It's not that he's dumb, it's just that he's nothing special as an NFL head coach. It honestly takes a special head coach to be able to flow and adapt with the evolutions of the game as they happen.

28 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Ron is clueless and this is fluff. If Ron was such a great coach, he wouldn't have to pitch his next big idea at how to fix his team. He would just adjust and adapt, it would be real cool if he could do that in a game. This sounds like a BS sales pitch. I expect Ron to evolve into another kind of dinosaur as the meteor lights the sky a pretty color of red death for him and his kind in this organization.

My thoughts exactly.

A while back I posted what I would be doing were I Tepper.  That was lock Ron and Marty in a room and go over every single move in the offseason and every game piece by piece and have them explain their moves....in DETAIL.

Sounds like something like that happened and some marching orders were sent down from above.  This is Ron trying to convince Tepper through the media that he really is going to embrace change and really dig down in the analytics of successful football.

This is a sales piece from Ron, and moreso from the Panthers.  The fans are slowly turning on Tepper, and he knows this.

Fan apathy is real. 

What's done is done. Either he changes or he doesn't. Hurney is the same thing, but then again you can't fix stupid. You're stuck with it. Deal with it. I just hope if we know it ain't going to happen, we don't force our way to 8-8 with a backup QB and a 25th ranked defense when we could focus on the future. We won't know literally anything until week 1. And then still won't know poo until halloween.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Diellinna

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • A team might have a lot more injuries than the opposing team. Keeps a fair balance.
    • Its purpose is to ensure a level playing field. Say you have everyone active but Team A has five players injured while Team B only has one. Team A now has a perceived advantage because they technically have a deeper roster. Forcing both teams to sit 8 players is meant to nullify that possibility.
    • It all comes down to Rivera.   Are the Panthers good enough to go on the road and win a game against a so-so team that sucked last year and has a rookie QB in his third ever game?  Yes. Will there be any sign that this coaching staff understands how to do that? That is the question. Backs against the wall, staring down 0-3 and the increasing likelihood that if this thing goes south in a hurry heads will roll... I’d like to think we’ll come out 1-2, but... I still think the Panthers will go into AZ underprepared.  They will underperform.  Maybe it will be close at some point, but I just see the little mistakes adding up to some truly unfortunate momentum changes in this game. On the road, every mistake is magnified. AZ has nothing to lose and will be relaxed and focused.  Panthers will start out looking like they could win this thing, then there will be lapses in focus and suddenly AZ has the ball in good field position. Plus...and I mean this for real...the best narrative for the NFL is the rise of Murray and the decline of the Panthers.  I find that games like this often favor which ever story is the best narrative for the corporate interest.  What helps the NFL more: Kyle Allen leads a mediocre Panthers over and even more mediocre Cardinals, OR Murray balls out and puts up a highlight reel as the lowly Panthers trip over their own stupid feet? The second one. Probably another grinding loss. Panthers 20 Cardinals 27
  • Masters of PIE !