• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

David Newton *PREDICTION*: Matt Kalil will be released

1 minute ago, Mvp2014 said:

i thought this was obvious after he wasnt reactivated when he should be healthy.  couldnt risk injury bc we were releasing him

That's a great point. 

1 hour ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Now there's some fake news!

Fixed.

It's Newton's "bold prediction", not a report of something that's actually going to happen.

It might happen, but it's not guaranteed.

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fixed.

It's Newton's "bold prediction", not a report of something that's actually going to happen.

It might happen, but it's not guaranteed.

I’ll guarantee it. 

1 minute ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I stopped reading at Donovan Smith is the best available option. Or I should have. 

Lets see. The injury guarantee is his entire salary of 7M. Not 1M. And he’s not restructuring anything. Recommending we keep him is completely ignorant. But pretty typical of that site. Uninformed fans grasping to ridiculous theories. And they found a guy at OTC as clueless as them.

We give him 7M more and Hurney/Rivera should be tarred and feathered at midfield. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I stopped reading at Donovan Smith is the best available option. Or I should have. 

Lets see. The injury guarantee is his entire salary of 7M. Not 1M. And he’s not restructuring anything. Recommending we keep him is completely ignorant. But pretty typical of that site. Uninformed fans grasping to ridiculous theories. And they found a guy at OTC as clueless as them.

We give him 7M more and Hurney/Rivera should be tarred and feathered at midfield. 

Exactly 

Clear the way to build good depth behind Moton and Williams.

THIS FA period will be VERY un-Jerrylike. I look forward to the new approach.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Consider that the odds of finding someone as good as Kalil—as low a bar as that may seem—who would cost less than Kalil are less than zero. Then consider that the Panthers would still have to carry a significant amount of dead money from Kalil’s contract regardless of how they release him. In a year where the roster is full of holes and the Panthers don’t have a whole lot of cap space, adding a hole and decreasing the amount of money they have to work with just doesn’t make sense.

This is an excellent point. We might just be stuck with Matt Kalil this year. 

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Consider that the odds of finding someone as good as Kalil—as low a bar as that may seem—who would cost less than Kalil are less than zero. Then consider that the Panthers would still have to carry a significant amount of dead money from Kalil’s contract regardless of how they release him. In a year where the roster is full of holes and the Panthers don’t have a whole lot of cap space, adding a hole and decreasing the amount of money they have to work with just doesn’t make sense.

This is an excellent point. We might just be stuck with Matt Kalil this year. 

That's what I'm afraid of as well.  It's not a question of whether Kalil is a bona fide starting LT.  At this point, he is what he is.  Yes, we'd all like to see him gone.  However, you then create another hole to fill.  With 7 million, you get tackles like Chris Hubbard (CLE) or Bryan Bulaga (GB).  Are they even an upgrade?  Lest we all forget, Mike Remmers is still employed in the NFL at 6 million a season.

I want MK gone as much as everyone else, but you have to do the complete analysis.  Williams is going to test the market, and even with the injury, he's going to get offers.  If Williams walks and MK is cut, at that point your game day tackles become Chris Clark (who is also a FA) and Moton.  You have 7 million from the MK cut, and 2 million from Williams to find a tackle, assuming you can re-sign Clark for another year.

The tackle market this year in FA is extremely weak once you get past the top 4 - of which Williams is one.