Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

bull123

28 games left

This is really the best case scenario.. I don't see us getting through our schedule with a better record than this:

hornets.png.4e12407d3f5402f338937522b717dd98.png

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I have looked at our schedule and the remaining schedule of all teams within striking distance:
(Brooklyn, Heat, Pistons, Magic and Wizards) I went through game by game taking into consideration - home vs road games, back-2-backs, tanking teams and playoff teams and come up with this:

#6 Charlotte: 39-43
#7 Brooklyn: 38-44 
#8 Detroit: 38-44
------------------------
Miami: 37-45
Orlando: 36-46
Washington: 35-47

The sad thing is the Hornets only have seven wins over teams that have a better record than them. 

Even worse is the fact that only 11 of our final 26 games come against teams with worse records than us. We could easily find ourselves with 36 or so wins at the end of the year and missing the playoffs completely.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I have looked at our schedule and the remaining schedule of all teams within striking distance:
(Brooklyn, Heat, Pistons, Magic and Wizards) I went through game by game taking into consideration - home vs road games, back-2-backs, tanking teams and playoff teams and come up with this:

#6 Charlotte: 39-43
#7 Brooklyn: 38-44 
#8 Detroit: 38-44
------------------------
Miami: 37-45
Orlando: 36-46
Washington: 35-47

Where ever we end up, hope we don’t get the pacers...can’t beat them

42 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Where ever we end up, hope we don’t get the pacers...can’t beat them

I decided to take a look at our record against the east's top teams as well as how much we lose by to see who would be the best matchup for us, here's where we're at.

Record/ Average margin of defeat against top five Eastern Conference teams:

- Milwaukee: 1-2/ 5 points

- Toronto: 0-1/ 21 points

- Indiana: 1-2/ 17 points

- Philadelphia: 0-3/ 2 points

- Boston: 1-2/ 24 points

Overall, it looks like Milwaukee would be the best matchup for us as we tend to play them tight and even have a win against them. There's not enough info on Toronto yet to judge but that first game we had against them was not competitive at all. We have victories over Indiana and Boston but for the most part we aren't competitive with them. Finally, we haven't beat Philadelphia but each game has been a one possession game.

My vote would be for Milwaukee or Philly.

• Beer 1

Those close games against philly were before butler and that guy from the clippers that wore us out, I think butler may have played in one of them

I think toronto and Boston are the two that I think would just wear us out

8 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I decided to take a look at our record against the east's top teams as well as how much we lose by to see who would be the best matchup for us, here's where we're at.

Record/ Average margin of defeat against top five Eastern Conference teams:

- Milwaukee: 1-2/ 5 points

- Toronto: 0-1/ 21 points

- Indiana: 1-2/ 17 points

- Philadelphia: 0-3/ 2 points

- Boston: 1-2/ 24 points

Overall, it looks like Milwaukee would be the best matchup for us as we tend to play them tight and even have a win against them. There's not enough info on Toronto yet to judge but that first game we had against them was not competitive at all. We have victories over Indiana and Boston but for the most part we aren't competitive with them. Finally, we haven't beat Philadelphia but each game has been a one possession game.

My vote would be for Milwaukee or Philly.

Good analysis 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Lakers with LeBron got blown out by 42 vs them without Dipo. 

Right, but they clearly didn’t try or care that game it was odd.