Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

bull123

28 games left

Recommended Posts

We have 26 wins (26-28)...28 games left

how many can we win?

16-12 gets us to 42-40

possible?

 

 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


This is really the best case scenario.. I don't see us getting through our schedule with a better record than this:

hornets.png.4e12407d3f5402f338937522b717dd98.png

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction is that we finish with roughly 40 wins.  We have not gotten far from .500 all season.  I would think that would continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have looked at our schedule and the remaining schedule of all teams within striking distance:
(Brooklyn, Heat, Pistons, Magic and Wizards) I went through game by game taking into consideration - home vs road games, back-2-backs, tanking teams and playoff teams and come up with this:

#6 Charlotte: 39-43
#7 Brooklyn: 38-44 
#8 Detroit: 38-44
------------------------
Miami: 37-45
Orlando: 36-46
Washington: 35-47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sad thing is the Hornets only have seven wins over teams that have a better record than them. 

Even worse is the fact that only 11 of our final 26 games come against teams with worse records than us. We could easily find ourselves with 36 or so wins at the end of the year and missing the playoffs completely.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I have looked at our schedule and the remaining schedule of all teams within striking distance:
(Brooklyn, Heat, Pistons, Magic and Wizards) I went through game by game taking into consideration - home vs road games, back-2-backs, tanking teams and playoff teams and come up with this:

#6 Charlotte: 39-43
#7 Brooklyn: 38-44 
#8 Detroit: 38-44
------------------------
Miami: 37-45
Orlando: 36-46
Washington: 35-47

Where ever we end up, hope we don’t get the pacers...can’t beat them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Where ever we end up, hope we don’t get the pacers...can’t beat them

I decided to take a look at our record against the east's top teams as well as how much we lose by to see who would be the best matchup for us, here's where we're at.

Record/ Average margin of defeat against top five Eastern Conference teams:

- Milwaukee: 1-2/ 5 points

- Toronto: 0-1/ 21 points

- Indiana: 1-2/ 17 points

- Philadelphia: 0-3/ 2 points

- Boston: 1-2/ 24 points

Overall, it looks like Milwaukee would be the best matchup for us as we tend to play them tight and even have a win against them. There's not enough info on Toronto yet to judge but that first game we had against them was not competitive at all. We have victories over Indiana and Boston but for the most part we aren't competitive with them. Finally, we haven't beat Philadelphia but each game has been a one possession game.

My vote would be for Milwaukee or Philly.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those close games against philly were before butler and that guy from the clippers that wore us out, I think butler may have played in one of them

I think toronto and Boston are the two that I think would just wear us out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I decided to take a look at our record against the east's top teams as well as how much we lose by to see who would be the best matchup for us, here's where we're at.

Record/ Average margin of defeat against top five Eastern Conference teams:

- Milwaukee: 1-2/ 5 points

- Toronto: 0-1/ 21 points

- Indiana: 1-2/ 17 points

- Philadelphia: 0-3/ 2 points

- Boston: 1-2/ 24 points

Overall, it looks like Milwaukee would be the best matchup for us as we tend to play them tight and even have a win against them. There's not enough info on Toronto yet to judge but that first game we had against them was not competitive at all. We have victories over Indiana and Boston but for the most part we aren't competitive with them. Finally, we haven't beat Philadelphia but each game has been a one possession game.

My vote would be for Milwaukee or Philly.

 Good analysis 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Losing to the pacers without Dipo is a tough one.

Lakers with LeBron got blown out by 42 vs them without Dipo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×