• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

AAF thread... Anyone watching?

I’ll watch it today as well.  Hope NFL can develop this into soccer format one day with relegations and promotions but I doubt that happens.

Ill be pulling for the ole ball coach. Interested to see how he does when the teams have equal talent levels. 

I like AAFs overtime format. Each time gets a chance to score starting in the redzone (10 yard line). If both teams score twice (mandatory 2-point conversion), then it’s a tie. In post season, they keep going back and forth until there’s a winner. 

I watched for the Spurrier comedy and wasn't disappointed. :) Gilbert was good so may stick with Orlando. Want to see Memphis & Birmingham too although I don't like Singletary much.

17 hours ago, Dilly Dilly! said:

Where can we watch said expierement?

Lists games & streaming platforms for each week.  https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/news/2019-aaf-schedule-and-scores-times-dates-tv-channel-streaming-every-game-for-the-entire-season/

Also available free on the Official AAF Website. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Defenses are only allowed to have 5 guys past the LoS at a time. That's interesting. Can't send everyone. Just 1 Blitzer.

They also can't blitz from the secondary, which makes the defense have to be more creative to send 5 and disguise it

I think the AAF has a real chance to succeed because they're not trying to trick themselves into being something they can't. They've said from the get go that it will be essentially AAA for the NFL to give players a chance to get reps and have better chances to get on NFL teams.

They're not going to try and be a direct competitor to the NFL like Vince McMahon wants his XFL to be. And they have a full season head start on the XFL

Alliance of American Football Excites With Big Plays, Big Ratings on Opening Night

The Alliance of American Football debuted on Saturday night, with a pair of games broadcast on CBS. The Orlando Apollos defeated the Atlanta Legends 40-6, while the San Antonio Commanders defeated the San Diego Fleet 15-6. 

There were plenty of highlights in the league's opening night. The Apollos — led by former Florida head coach Steve Spurrier — pulled off a "Philly Special" touchdown against Atlanta to end the first half, while the battle in San Antonio was defined by a string of big hits. 

Set all the games to record on DVR.  I like what I've seen so far and my interest was piqued after listening to interviews with Charlie Ebersol...  wish he could become the NFL Commish.  Very forward-thinking, innovative, and progressive in his approach to presenting and delivering the game to fans in possibly the purest form.  So far, so good.

I watched bits and pieces, and I was overall pretty impressed for what is effectively game 4 of the preseason.  I thought those games could sometimes be the most fun as guys went balls out to try to make plays and make film.  I was always rooting for those players.

I really hope they are able to stick around because it's better to have more football than less.  For these players, it's a chance to show what they can do.  Many of these guys were bubble players on the fringe of the NFL.  Now they can make a little money, have some nice benefits, and try to make a NFL roster.

But the league needs to fix it passing game.  It got kind of ugly...

They scored more ratings than the NBA primetime game. Nobody cares about the NBA so I wish they'd stop cramming it down our throats, ESPN. ESPN is also shitting on this league b/c they don't have the licensing. I also thought the AAF was supposed to have no NFL ties but I guess that changed.