Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

NFL Combine Thread

Recommended Posts

OL measurements today

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

^this is a guy im wanting to keep an eye on as a round 2-3 LG prospect 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

 

Paradis gone from Denver? Big FA Center prospect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know everyone wants to compare Ed Oliver to Aaron Donald but I just don't see it other than both being  undersized athletic DTs. Donald had 29.5 sacks whole playing in P5 conferences (Big East and ACC) Oliver had 13 playing in the American Conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know everyone wants to compare Ed Oliver to Aaron Donald but I just don't see it other than both being  undersized athletic DTs. Donald had 29.5 sacks whole playing in P5 conferences (Big East and ACC) Oliver had 13 playing in the American Conference.

Donald was a freak in terms of strength, which Oliver is not. Oliver is more athletic, though. I think you will see Oliver get some mixed reviews depending on the team evaluating him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Donald was a freak in terms of strength, which Oliver is not. Oliver is more athletic, though. I think you will see Oliver get some mixed reviews depending on the team evaluating him.

Oh, I'm sure. I think virtually every team will have some interest in him but exactly where they value him might vary quite a bit. He's going to have to convince teams he loves football too after sitting out the last part of the season. I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about that with Bosa too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, I'm sure. I think virtually every team will have some interest in him but exactly where they value him might vary quite a bit. He's going to have to convince teams he loves football too after sitting out the last part of the season. I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about that with Bosa too.

 

I don't think it will be a concern with either guy. The NFL would much rather you sit and protect your NFL future than gamble with early returns from injuries and jeopardize your NFL future. Very smart business decision on the part of both. 

I would have no qualms at all about selecting them based on missing some completely pointless college games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyler Murray won't throw at the Combine. What a bitch. Cam looked like poo throwing at the Combine but he manned up and did it. And he went #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kyler Murray won't throw at the Combine. What a bitch. Cam looked like poo throwing at the Combine but he manned up and did it. And he went #1.

I dont think anyone has any questions about his arm

If he didnt come and measure

Or run the 40 which they think he can put on a show for a QB.  Thats a redflag

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kyler Murray won't throw at the Combine. What a bitch. Cam looked like poo throwing at the Combine but he manned up and did it. And he went #1.

I don't think that is a "bitch" move. It's more of a business decision. You get a few of the upper first round guys that decide not to do some drills or even participate outside of measurements every year. If he wants to do his throwing drills in a more controlled environment, why not? That means his camp is fairly confident that won't hurt his stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think that is a "bitch" move. It's more of a business decision. You get a few of the upper first round guys that decide not to do some drills or even participate outside of measurements every year. If he wants to do his throwing drills in a more controlled environment, why not? That means his camp is fairly confident that won't hurt his stock.

I just see it as a bitch move. I respect the guys that man up and throw. It rarely hurts anyone's stock. Everyone knows they're throwing to unfamiliar WRs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I just see it as a bitch move. I respect the guys that man up and throw. It rarely hurts anyone's stock. Everyone knows they're throwing to unfamiliar WRs.

Well if it doesn't have an impact on their stock, then why would it even matter if he threw or not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ncfan I thought Powers (also from OU) looked better than Samia in the Senio Bowl work and one of the announcers even said that during drills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well if it doesn't have an impact on their stock, then why would it even matter if he threw or not? 

Exactly. So throw. I want to see some competitive fire. Especially put of my QB. Especially when he has a very legit fallback plan with baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,908
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    DrWu
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      145,389
    • Total Posts
      4,753,654
  • Posts

    • I want the old Luke back he looked bad last year and last game he couldn’t get off any blocks and over running the plays again 
    • It is on Manhertz, it's also on Cam. Cam couldn't handle the jailbreak blitzes they were throwing at the team. They simply sent more rushers than there were blockers. When that happens there is always one or more uncovered receivers, the QB has to find them, fast, and fire. If you win it, you probably score big. If you lose, it's a sack. Most QBs coming  off of  their break aren't up to game speed yet and Cam didn't pass the test. The point is, those kind of  blitzes are rarely done in the preseason, kind of a gentleman's agreement between coaches to keep from getting  QBs injured. Guess what Belichick does? He goes after your weaknesses no matter when it is. He doesn't play by unwritten rules (or written ones when it suits him). And now we have an injured QB. If you really look at the original play in question, the jailbreak blitz is obvious with seven men rushing the line and an eighth joining in quickly after the snap. Before the snap, Cam sees the situation, calls an audible and begins to drop back. His drop back is deep and he realizes the pressure has broken with Manhertz getting beat to the outside. Others were getting  beat and gaps were being shot. He starts to scan but doesn't get enough time to find his hot read. Sack. I'm chalking it up partially to Manhertz who I don't think is really that great of a blocking TE, and to Cam who in later season form would have dropped back two steps and shot the tight gap to Manhertz's left and made a few yards. He may have also been able to catch his hot read with a fast pass.  It's preseason, though, and the team isn't playing up to game speed yet. The Patsies came in gunning for him. They sacked him there and eventually hurt Cam in the preseason yet again. I'm sure Belichick puts that as a positive in his ledger for how the season plays out.
×
×
  • Create New...