Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

NFL Combine Thread

Just now, black-panthers said:

Did they even run?

I don't think they participated in any of the drills. Hopefully they can go for their Pro Days. Both have questions to answer. Thompson was torched by every future elite NFL QB prospect he faced. Adderley has to prove that he can translate to the NFL and that he wasn't just a big fish in a small pond. I always think the drills are more important for the small program guys since they rarely if ever faced top competition at the college level.

4 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

That’s not good. I guess we can now draft one of them in the 2nd. Apparently, chauncey is moving up the board now. I might be able to settle for Taylor Rapp. 

I'm just not in love with any of the safeties this year, unfortunately. I wanted Derwin James BAD last year.

8 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

I think we all wanted Derwin. I wasnt a fan of bringing Reid back. I thought he was a liability in coverage. Obviously FS will be a top priority with not bringing Adams back. I think Rivera is smart enough to not have Gaulden be the day 1 starter. I know a lot of free agents have come out and say they want this and that, but it’s not up to them. The market has declined quite a bit now. I think we find a FS in FA. And hopefully it’s Mathieu or Haha. Maybe even Adrian Phillips. Now, if we look into the draft Taylor Rapp just seem like a Rivera’s guy. Similar to Coleman.

I like bringing Reid back IF we pair him with a better option at FS. Without a better FS, we'll be forced to play him out of position a lot again next year and we won't get good value out of him.

Random observation: I don't watch a whole ton but Poe and CMC's combines are the best I've ever seen from any prospects. I first heard "workout warrior" in relation to Poe and McCaffrey was practically flawless.