I'm in no way trying to present the teams they've played and liken them to a murderers row of opponents.
However....they didn't just beat them.
1) Bucs: Niners beat them by 2 scores despite having THREE TDs called back on dubious at best calls. Despite that, this was Jimmys worst game as it was his first back from the ACL. He was a bit scattershot all day. Bosa also CLEARLY hampered by preseason ankle injury and STILL had a pretty big impact.
2) Bengals: Beat the brakes off the Bengals. 41-17 and wasn't that close. Out-gained them 571-316 despite shutting it down in 4th quarter and allowing lost pass play on backups with under a minute to play.
3) Steelers: Turned the ball over FIVE TIMES, three times completely unforced and three times inside the Steeler 15. Still won by 4. Outgained the Steelers 436-239....and that's only because of two long pass plays by the Steelers, one on Jason Verrett....who clearly isn't ready to be back. They pulled him after the TD.
They then had their bye and got Jimmie Ward back at FS and Nick Bosa back to nearly full health.
4) Browns: 31-3. Out-gained the Browns 446-180. Allowed a net 78 pass yards. Bosa had himself a game.
5) Rams: The first "ok now it counts" game. Playing without their tackles or Pro Bowl FB. 20-7. Held Goff to 48 yards net passing after he'd had 517 and 395 the two previous weeks.
6) Redkins: 9-0. I mean...in reality...I pretty much throw all the stats out the window on that one in what was an embarrassing display of groundskeeping in the nations capitol. I'm just glad nobody was hurt.
I am not deaf to the comment that they haven't played as hard a schedule. I am gonna argue tho that they have dominated the teams they were supposed to dominate even with guys out of the lineup.