Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Icege

Trai Turner pushing Eric Berry to join the Panthers

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/14/panthers-free-agency-trai-turner-eric-berry-chiefs-eric-reid/

The Panthers were obviously interested in signing Eric Weddle, and apparently were one of the five teams that were on his final list before he signed with the Rams. That means they’re likely still looking for another safety.

Berry is a tenacious defender with excellent ball skills (14 career interceptions and 51 pass breakups). He’s also the right kind of character from a culture perspective and would no doubt quickly become one of coach Ron Rivera’s favorites.

On the downside, injuries have been a problem for Berry throughout his career and he’s only played three regular season games over the last two years. Berry is also more of a strong safety – and Carolina needs more of a cover safety to balance out Reid’s skill-set.

Then again, Berry’s history with injuries (and the number of names still out there) could drive down his price tag.

I love EB as a person and admire his game. But does he really fit our need at FS? I'd like an infusion of youth and speed at the FS position. If we sign him I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Three games in two years?

If that's accurate, yikes!

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hard to help a team win cheering from the sidelines.

1 minute ago, Dex said:

I love EB as a person and admire his game. But does he really fit our need at FS? I'd like an infusion of youth and speed at the FS position. If we sign him I'll be cautiously optimistic.

He's only 29, on a 1-2 year deal paired with Reid you can't ask for too much of a better back end duo. Given injury concerns and the market should come at a modest cost if we were to inquire I'd imagine. I would still like to see us draft another FS, as I'm not sold on Gaulden, but Reid, Berry, Gualden, Rookie / Jones I would not be mad about it. 

i also wouldn't be mad to see Boston return and FINALLY be the FS, a lot of his stint here was at the SS, and IMO a little out of his skill set. Can't deny he created INT's while he was here. Just wan't great at run support. 

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

He's only 29, on a 1-2 year deal paired with Reid you can't ask for too much of a better back end duo. Given injury concerns and the market should come at a modest cost if we were to inquire I'd imagine. I would still like to see us draft another FS, as I'm not sold on Gaulden, but Reid, Berry, Gualden, Rookie / Jones I would not be mad about it. 

i also wouldn't be mad to see Boston return and FINALLY be the FS, a lot of his stint here was at the SS, and IMO a little out of his skill set. Can't deny he created INT's while he was here. Just wan't great at run support. 

I remember Boston taking some pretty horrific angles. I'd be a little concerned with him defending our backend. But anything is better than Jones or Gaulden right now.

Hopefully we are looking at Ha Ha Dix and Boston in free agency. We definitely are going to need a cover safety from somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Dex said:

I remember Boston taking some pretty horrific angles. I'd be a little concerned with him defending our backend. But anything is better than Jones or Gaulden right now.

my memory of boston was russell wilson carving him up in multiple games

but would be much better than jones or gaulden...i think

are we going to sign someone that’s not coming off an injury?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well he did have cancer, so that is a large chunk of that.  I think the other is from him tearing his Achilles.

While both Reid and Berry appear to be more SS than FS, they're able to play both positions which is highly desired by Rivera and co.

Would be a pass rusher, a nickelback, and a 3rd down rusher (unless Haynes can step in) away from a decent defense... nice.

Will be interesting to see if he is still there in a week or so. I think we address the nickel and/or edge first.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Mr.Friendly

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • A .8288100208768267223382‬ taco is like a taco with a bite taken
    • Those tacos aren't tax free. So, using NC's general sales tax(which should apply here) is 4.75%. If you are doing a proper Taco Tuesday, it would be a sit down restaurant, which would also mean he should leave a tip. I will calculate it as 15%, which is the traditional average we use in the US. So we assume each taco is actually $1.1975. So at that rate, Tepper could only have 9,185,803,757.8288100208768267223382‬ tacos. 
    • I was talking about reform. I want reform, but I understand what it means. The same people who are wanting reform and the same time say to defund police seem to limited by those two thoughts. They don’t think much more into it. Reform and change will cost. And it will cost big time. They go hand in hand. IF it is done properly. And it won’t be overnight. And it will be hard. Most protesters are in their 20s...and don’t understand taxes and costs and real change. Doesn’t make their cause any less important but it does mean that  they don’t fully understand it.  Under funding is one of the root causes of police brutality. Improper training. Incompetent hiring. Pathetic salary and wages. Those are some of the causes. If you want to improve and change those things it costs money and time. But no one wants to realize, we must give those things up, we must offer those things to truly change. It’s not simply as easy as hey don’t hire someone. There has to be a more quality option and candidate...but there really hasn’t been, by why? What does that candidate need to want to do that kind of work? These are things that need to be figured out and it WILL take resources and time to not only discover that but sustain it. As far as people psychological make up it’s just not that simple. It’s like saying a battered woman or man can simply leave their abuser if they choose to open up their eyes. That’s all it takes. It’s not true. Religion is a good example as well. These things are engrained to ones fabrication of being, right or wrong.    If you truly believe racism is something that is engrained into society you simply can not say it’s a matter of just turning a switch. People are all different, some are not built to be able to have the bravery to just change so rapidly. not with religion, not with abuse and not with social reform. As society it's our job not to discard these people, but to help them muster up the freedom to change their mentality. To finally leave that abuser, to respect other word views. To be taught self worth, self respect and respect to others.   Do not discredit other people's experiences, thoughts, biological make up and teachings in their life that has made them think they way they do or reasons they're person they are by assuming you understand them. I assure you, you don't. It is not possible to live a lifetime of another and thus impossible to understand. The answer is to keep teaching and keep learning. For everyone, myself included. Perhaps you and I were taught much better, or had experiences (negative or positive) or people in life like you said that help us. But maybe others haven't. But do not discount the time and work it will take others to change to something as simply as all of a sudden thinking different than what they have been their whole life. Furthermore to just expect tgem to take tgwir entire life experiences and beliefs and all of a sudden have to ability to 'see the light' and go against everything they've ever known. It's  not realistic. its not yuman nature. What is for one is not for another. This will take time, this will take patience and understanding, this will take education, and this WILL take money. I am willing to give this, are you? 
  • Masters of PIE !