• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

LinvilleGorge

Panthers well represented at Clemson pro day

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You nailed it. We have two aging starters with big cap hits and a bust of a former 1st rounder. That's pretty much it. DT is absolutely a big need. Short and/or Poe are likely cap casualties after this coming season.

Yessir. I was basically just saying I don't think DT warrants a high draft pick in 2019 but agree with you otherwise. Obviously you want your top draft pick to start right away, and I don't see how that could happen this year with Poe and Short already penciled in as starters. On that note, both of these guys need to step it up this season with the money they're making!

1 minute ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

Yessir. I was basically just saying I don't think DT warrants a high draft pick in 2019 but agree with you otherwise. Obviously you want your top draft pick to start right away, and I don't see how that could happen this year with Poe and Short already penciled in as starters. On that note, both of these guys need to step it up this season with the money they're making!

I don't really care about "starting" along the DL. That's the one position group where reserves can play near starter snaps due to rotations. The way I see it, taking a guy like Christian Wilkins or Dexter Lawrence wouldn't just help us out this season, but it very well could mean having the ability to release Short or Poe and free up $10M next year with no real drop off.

8 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

You literally just called one of our players stupid because of some weird theory you made up in your head to justify one of Gettleman’s failed draft picks. That’s pretty pathetic dude, you should be ashamed. This is one of many examples of how you generally argue with “feelings” rather than facts.

“Then Short shocked us all by signing his contract” instead of “Then Gettleman extended Short” lol, I bet you really struggle to carefully craft your wording.

Anyways, I’m not gonna continue to derail another thread...MY BAD YALL. But like for real though...y’all are seeing this right? :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

It's laughable at this point.

If this is the guy the panthers are ignoring free agent pass rushers for I hope they just move team so I can find a new hobby.

Dude has one move and gets absolutely mowed otherwise. If it were a great move it wouldn't be as problematic but given the obvious athletic and strength questions... 

Short has proven pretty demonstrably that the "one of the best 3Ts in the NFL" was an aberration. Exploring moving him while his stock is pretty high and getting better talent at DT isnt the worst possible idea.

6 minutes ago, Growl said:

Short has proven pretty demonstrably that the "one of the best 3Ts in the NFL" was an aberration. Exploring moving him while his stock is pretty high and getting better talent at DT isnt the worst possible idea.

I don't think his stock would be all that high to be honest. He was a one year wonder as a top tier DT and that was several years ago. Outside of that year, he's been good but not great until last season when he was just plain bad.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think his stock would be all that high to be honest. He was a one year wonder as a top tier DT and that was several years ago. Outside of that year, he's been good but not great until last season when he was just plain bad.

Let’s not sell Short that much. 2015-2017 he was great. Last year was his first off year. How many other DTs have over 24 sacks in 3 years outside of Aaron Donald who’s on another planet? Cox hasn’t. Short over those three years was just as good as say Cox, problem is Cox is younger so last year was still on top of his game. This is Short’s (and Poe’s) last year with us. We can save $24m in cap space letting both go next year. That’s a reason why I want to go DL heavy not just DE. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, black-panthers said:

Don’t even put Hall on the same breath with Ferrell

Not comparing the two players at all.  Using Hall as an example as a player who benefited from a beast around him (Myles Garrett)

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Except Hall didn't have any stats. He sucked despite playing opposite of the #1 overall pick.

Seems like a lot of folks have forgotten about that with all of these Ferrell/Hall comparisons of late.

Wasn't comparing the two players... just using him as an example of a player who benefited from a top player around him.  Also, Hal had 104 tackles, 27.5 for loss, and 10.5 sacks in two years.  That's pretty damn good stats.   For perspective, thats 3 less tackles for loss and 2 more sacks than Ed Oliver had in 2 years

3 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

Wasn't comparing the two players... just using him as an example of a player who benefited from a top player around him.  Also, Hal had 104 tackles, 27.5 for loss, and 10.5 sacks in two years.  That's pretty damn good stats.   For perspective, thats 3 less tackles for loss and 2 more sacks than Ed Oliver had in 2 years

DEs almost always have better stats than DTs. Hall was trash. 

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

DEs almost always have better stats than DTs. Hall was trash. 

I agree Hall was trash...  He still had stats though

23 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

I agree Hall was trash...  He still had stats though

The guy had 14 sacks over four college seasons. That's atrocious for an NFL DE prospect. Ferrell has 27 over three seasons.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The guy had 14 sacks over four college seasons. That's atrocious for an NFL DE prospect. Ferrell has 27 over three seasons.

Dude... I agree Hall was trash.  But 27.5 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks over the past 2 seasons is pretty decent production

11 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

Dude... I agree Hall was trash.  But 27.5 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks over the past 2 seasons is pretty decent production

Agree to disagree.