Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

MillionDollarCam

Kemba Walker On His Future

Best route for hornets is to start over.

Draft a young guy, plan on being bad/have low expectations, and see if anyone surprises you. 

This way you can hopefully build a young talented core with cap room and pray potential free agents come then. But this quick fix Jordan and the team have been doing for years won't cut it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Hornets just need a 2 year plan.  Until Batum drops off they are screwed.  Just draft good pieces and continue to build.  Hopefully with Kemba.

• Pie 2

Walker got pissed at the front office after they didn't trade Biyombo, mkg and the first round pick for Gasol. He's apparently still mad and wants to see them actually go through with it and makes moves instead of balking at protection for a draft pick. 

15 minutes ago, RIAnBOW said:

That's an interesting take.  I was under the impression Gasol had no interest i ncoming to Charlotte.  Is there some press coverage out there that gives details on Kemba's position?

I heard it on that espn playoff preview special. I forgot what nba insider said it l, maybe woj, but they touched on Kemba and said he loves Charlotte but that last minute gasol trade collapse deflated him. 

Found it 

Edited by jumpman910

17 minutes ago, RIAnBOW said:

Agreed.

If they can get some sort of pre-packaged sign & trade deal done with Kemba that's fine....but otherwise let him walk.

Tear the house down, clear the lot, and start over with a new foundation. 

If Mike Jordan continues to make all the calls even that strategy has a low probability of paying off but at least it's a logical and responsible path to take.

Man exactly. I wouldn't trust them to tear it all down honestly but that's what you do you throw every possible pick and player at the wall and see what sticks. But it's alot harder when you don't get more pieces/picks for a player and he just walks. 

10 minutes ago, RIAnBOW said:

Very interesting, thanks.  I have nothing to back it up for some reason I'm thinking Gasol didn't want to come here...but I guess for him to control it he would have had to have a no-trade clause in his deal.

Was the glitch due to Hornets unwilling to throw in the #1?

No they were willing to include the pick, the trade fell apart because of protection.

This is also what Kemba was referring to when he said the team had to improve and the ball was in the front offices hands and he would see what they did. They are gonna have to make a major move to keep Kemba. 

Found the article. Here

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Beer 1

I saw that NY knicks want a pick in the 30's in exchange to move Frank Ntilikina's lottery contract. 
https://nypost.com/2019/04/19/disastrous-phil-jackson-trade-could-lead-to-frank-ntilikina-draft-night-deal/
"Knicks open to a draft day deal in which Frank Ntilikina could be on the move if the Knicks can obtain a late first-rounder or a pick in the 30’s. If Ntilikina is traded for a draft pick, that would open an additional $5 million in cap space next season."

We have Washington's 2nd rounder. https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

If Kemba and Tony is leaving, we have a rookie contract replacement. 
A defensive passing guard to pair with Malik. 6'6'' with 7'1'' wingspan to guard the SG and willing passer to Malik. 
French connection with Batum. 

Knicks want to open the cap space maybe to sign for Kemba. We could get back a PG. 

Just researching what Hornets could do.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

No they were willing to include the pick, the trade fell apart because of protection.

Without knowing the details, it's kinda hard to kill the Hornets for that. Especially considering that Gasol could be a free agent this summer. 

4 hours ago, djp14 said:

Without knowing the details, it's kinda hard to kill the Hornets for that. Especially considering that Gasol could be a free agent this summer. 

I'm personally not killing them, this is pretty much Kemba and how he feels and felt. 

I've thought for two seasons that the best course of action was to trade Kemba. I'd have wanted to keep the pick. 

1. For his sake so he can compete for a championship. 

2. So the Hornets get back a decent package including 1st round picks. 

• Pie 2

Kemba is a rich man's Isiah Thomas (not that one) yea we will suck next year but we already do lol he's not going somewhere to win a championship so lets stop that talk right now Kemba Walker will not retire with an NBA championship charlotte or not

• Poo 1

22 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

I'm personally not killing them, this is pretty much Kemba and how he feels and felt. 

I've thought for two seasons that the best course of action was to trade Kemba. I'd have wanted to keep the pick. 

1. For his sake so he can compete for a championship. 

2. So the Hornets get back a decent package including 1st round picks. 

Your in depth knowledge of the inner workings of Kemba’s mind is very impressive.  When he re-signs I expect you will have known all along.

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Your in depth knowledge of the inner workings of Kemba’s mind is very impressive.  When he re-signs I expect you will have known all along.

He's come out and clearly said for several years that he wants to win. He's clearly said that Charlotte has to make moves to improve to keep him. He wants to win, no inner workings needed. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

The only reasons Kemba could resign is not many teams close to contending have a hole at pg or a bad player at pg. 

A sneaky team for his services will be Utah. They clearly gotta make a move for Love and/or Conley/Kemba to compete in he west. Their offense is not gonna cut it. 

I've never thought the team could compete with Kemba, not because of him but, because so many bad picks and poor contracts have been traded for trying to get the quick fix that it'll be hard to get from under it AND have a contending team around him. 

If he values his legacy in nba circles he gotta go unfortunately for the Hornets and Charlotte. 

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

The only reasons Kemba could resign is not many teams close to contending have a hole at pg or a bad player at pg. 

A sneaky team for his services will be Utah. They clearly gotta make a move for Love and/or Conley/Kemba to compete in he west. Their offense is not gonna cut it. 

I've never thought the team could compete with Kemba, not because of him but, because so many bad picks and poor contracts have been traded for trying to get the quick fix that it'll be hard to get from under it AND have a contending team around him. 

If he values his legacy in nba circles he gotta go unfortunately for the Hornets and Charlotte. 

Is that really the case? Westbrook and Damian Lillard are more than likely never going to win a Title, and both are thought of as beast on their respective teams. Actually, both are very respected in NBA circles. Kemba will be thought of as a great player regardless, as well. Legacy or not, he is the man here in Charlotte. If he goes to another team and becomes a number 2 or 3 option, well, congrats to him. Especially if he goes to the shitty Lakers or Dallas, which is what EVERYONE in the media wants, and is saying. Just SMH.