Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

WarPanthers89

Are we willing to pay 35 million per year for Cam?

1 hour ago, raz said:

yeah, he's head and shoulders above cam.   i'm ungrateful because of that?  are you having a bad day bro?  doesn't mean i don't like cam, but i'm kinda realistic at this point about how good he can be.  

No one in there right mid would believe you nor could you prove this argument to anyone. The statistics just don’t backup the false hood he’s head and shoulders better than. Cam. You mad the arguement in a previous post his arm is better, not coming out it wasn’t not a healthy cam. he’s as good a runner? No, he’s mobile and a fine runner but what records does he hold rushing? Cam holds several. 

I will admit he’s a better pocket pass and decision maker.  But beyond that advantage goes to cam, size and running ability plus arm.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

No one in there right mid would believe you nor could you prove this argument to anyone. The statistics just don’t backup the false hood he’s head and shoulders better than. Cam. You mad the arguement in a previous post his arm is better, not coming out it wasn’t not a healthy cam. he’s as good a runner? No, he’s mobile and a fine runner but what records does he hold rushing? Cam holds several. 

I will admit he’s a better pocket pass and decision maker.  But beyond that advantage goes to cam, size and running ability plus arm.

better pocket passer and decision maker in my favor.  that about does it.  his touch is 1000 times better also.  he could rush for that much but he makes it so he doesn't have to with a worse line.  he's better.  in every way.  as a qb.  sorry.   i hate it too. but he is.  cam is a mid-grade smoke.  sorry.  upper mid grade, but still...

s

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, raz said:

better pocket passer and decision maker in my favor.  that about does it.  his touch is 1000 times better also.  he could rush for that much but he makes it so he doesn't have to with a worse line.  he's better.  in every way.  as a qb.  sorry.   i hate it too. but he is.  cam is a mid-grade smoke.  sorry.  upper mid grade, but still...

s

He couldn’t his body isn’t built to take the hits. You think he could be one of the best goaline weapons since 2012 I think there’s a statistic that only marshawn lynch and Peterson have more rushing touchdowns than cam. Russell can do that? I mean Be a goalline bruiser? No.  Fact is you can compare Russell to a lot of guys, Kyler Murray comes to mind this year.

The league doesn’t have a comparison for a Cam Newton. He’s the most unique athlete to ever play the position. You can say Russell is a better passer, but he’s not better than cam any where else. And what cam brings you everywhere else I would say the gap between those gifts and Russell vs cam vs Russell as a passer are closer. You aren’t being honest with yourself.

• Poo 1

34 minutes ago, RIAnBOW said:

Take the "apples and oranges" nonsense and float it out on some other forum full of dummies who might buy into it.

Why so mad? There is no way my post should illicit such anger. 

Also as a PANTHER fan, I could care less for Tom Brady and am glad we always beat them. 

Maybe the golden boy knows that he wouldn't be talked about like he is without the greatest coach of all time so he took less. Also doesn't hurt when his wife makes more than him. Money isn't an issue for that family. 

Team must cover it's butt and draft a QB high to replace Cam since his shoulder will be an issue the rest of his career. Shelling out 30+ million a year when it could explode at anytime would be dumb, time to start over at QB.

Team must cover it's butt and draft a QB high to replace Cam since his shoulder will be an issue the rest of his career. Shelling out 30+ million a year when it could explode at anytime would be dumb, time to start over at QB.

46 minutes ago, Glitchh said:

You don't know how his shoulder is or will hold up. Lucks injury was similar and he looked fine. Drafting a qb high in a weak qb class is dumb when you aren't sure what your dealing with.

14 hours ago, RIAnBOW said:

If the Spotrac numbers are correct Brady has never even had a $20 million season, much less a $30 million season.

Now there's a guy who understands what it takes to win and is a team first player.

image.thumb.png.957cc846fff47e64c3f8078c12a3334b.png

LMAO everytime Brady reconstructs his contract they just give him more guaranteed money, which is a loop hole NE uses. Also Brady’s wife is a rich as hell and     Kraft has hooked up Brady through branding. 

And NE main reason for success isn’t Brady, it’s Belichick ability to make any average Joe look good

17 hours ago, TheRed said:

You might want to reread the post.

The point wasn't that the Panthers haven't paid a QB big before. The point was that it is now unavoidable. Even journeymen QB's are going to command some serious coin. Fans who think we are just going to keep drafting high quality QB's and shipping them off after their rookie contracts are up are in for a rude awakening. They see how successful the Chiefs are with Mahomes and don't fully account for how many years it took for KC to stumble into that kind of talent under center. Who was the Chiefs QB before Alex or Patrick? There ya go.

I did.

Any QB worth a damn is going to eventually get paid by this team.

I countered with....well, that's already happened twice.  Once it was an utter disaster, and once it was a very good move and value.

This isn't a thread about QB's "commanding serious coin" it's a thread about making Cam the highest paid QB in the league.

If you have followed me through the years on here you will know that I never want a "highest paid X in the league" on this team.  It likely means that you are severely hampering your team moving forward.

My initial answer to this question was "When"......after this season and into the next....yea, I can see making Cam a top 3 paid QB in the league.  If he can't do what he does, then no, I can't see us paying him like that.

8 hours ago, RIAnBOW said:

Andrew Luck missed 26 of 41 games over the course of 2.5 seasons.

If Cam's injury is "similar" to Luck's the Panthers have a very very long road ahead.

Read this article, the deja vu is amazing:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19179526/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-admits-shoulder-initially-injured-vs-tennessee-titans-2015

The injury is similar but there plans or rehab have been very different. Luck completely did not play for a long amount of time where as cam has played through good or bad his injury. The time table on lucks healing and cams healing can’t be compared.

I don't think Russell has every been significantly injured. His throwing shoulder is pristine. He has been to two Super Bowls and won one of them. He is consistently one of the top 3-4 throwers in the league every year AND has mobility. He deserves 35mil. 

There is no way I would pay Cam 35mil/year. But that is what he's going to command. If he plays well enough this year and stays healthy then I can see resigning him but the deal would be short and would include some significant language to protect the team against injury. No matter what....draft a solid QB this year. Let him learn for 1-2 years and lean on the defense to win championships.