Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ARSEN

MLS is adding 6 more teams

11 minutes ago, RIAnBOW said:

Understood.

That said, "MLS brass" aren't calling the shots on anything vs. Tepper and the Panthers. 

If Tepper does buy a MLS team and they get a new stadium....now that one I can see locating in South Carolina. 

Yeah, I'd think they may play at Bank of America for a few years then move into their own digs.

As for the "MLS brass" comment, I was more so saying it'd likely be one of the conditions of him being awarded an expansion team with the intention of their permanent home being Bank of America that if after a trial period the grass isn't satisfactory to their standards that the stadium be converted to a turf surface.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:17 PM, RenoCarolina said:

Tepper loves soccer

+

Tepper is RAF Billionaire

+

Tepper has stadium ready to go

+

MLS expanding by SIX teams

=

welcome to the MLS Charlotte!  (sorry Raleigh)

Not six. Three. Miami, Nashville, and Austin (not 100% offical) are getting teams. St. Louis and Sacremento are in strong talks.

You're really looking at one shot for a Carolinas team.

On 4/19/2019 at 12:28 PM, ImfromClayton said:

I would love the PSL/Season tickets, but would be interested in the wording. I think BoA would need MAJOR renovations to keep soccer there long term.  Tepper seems to be hinting at major renovations, so that's nbd, but I do wonder if a soccer specific stadium is in the works. Would hate to buy a PSL in BoA for soccer and then lose it in 5 years because we built a new stadium. 

The licenses they talked about started as low as 150 bucks.  Not that bigof a deal if they build a new stadium.  Not looking at 1000s and 1000s of dollars like the panthers.