Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

Time to choose your side and what the future holds for our children, democracy or oligarchy.

Bernie 2020

6 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

o you are taking people's jobs away, sending them to school and then just giving them money and free time?

How about giving them a no barrier opportunity to pursue an education.

How about how other countries treat work weeks and vacation time and figure out how adjusting ours is a benefit.

Guess what there are a ton of people that WANT jobs taken away.  They want to go to school full time and not have to work full time, they want to raise a family and not have to have both parents working to make a basic living, they want to retire and not feel the need to work into their 70's because paying off debt burdened them from saving for retirement.

Paying proper wages to workers and away from executive/ownership class transforms our economy.  Treating workers right and allowing flex time, reduced work weeks and more vacation stimulates the economy. 

13 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

How about giving them a no barrier opportunity to pursue an education.

How about how other countries treat work weeks and vacation time and figure out how adjusting ours is a benefit.

Guess what there are a ton of people that WANT jobs taken away.  They want to go to school full time and not have to work full time, they want to raise a family and not have to have both parents working to make a basic living, they want to retire and not feel the need to work into their 70's because paying off debt burdened them from saving for retirement.

Paying proper wages to workers and away from executive/ownership class transforms our economy.  Treating workers right and allowing flex time, reduced work weeks and more vacation stimulates the economy. 

So...

...take people's jobs away.  Replace those jobs with more free time for people who already have jobs.  Either you haven't thought this thru, or you are being coy.  The more you speak, the more I think its the first one.

Yes economy stimulation by workers having a better paycheck and a more reasonable work hour/vacation/parental leave policies is not thought through.

Education opportunity accessible for all that WANT it is against the above things. 

How is the concept that moving wages from ownership/executive class to working class will stimulate the whole economy.  You have yet to address the taxation changes from the 70s forward - how that has stuck us in a trickle down cycle that does NOT work.   You have yet to address that money better distributed will be more likely spent in local economies then stuck with the ownership class out of the economy.

A worker first system is a progressive system and its a structural change that you are not wrapping your head around.  You are thinking about job creation in our current structured state - a state that needs flipping.

23 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

What they are saying here is the billionaires have made “our”(pundit political class) lives better. Not everyone else. They live in a bubble so much they don’t realize anything outside of it. 

This can be seen how they consistently fail to understand the movement

10 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

What they are saying here is the billionaires have made “our”(pundit political class) lives better. Not everyone else. They live in a bubble so much they don’t realize anything outside of it. 

This can be seen how they consistently fail to understand the movement

SINCLAIR, Upton, born 1878, American novelist and social reformer.

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

18 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Yes economy stimulation by workers having a better paycheck and a more reasonable work hour/vacation/parental leave policies is not thought through.

Education opportunity accessible for all that WANT it is against the above things. 

How is the concept that moving wages from ownership/executive class to working class will stimulate the whole economy.  You have yet to address the taxation changes from the 70s forward - how that has stuck us in a trickle down cycle that does NOT work.   You have yet to address that money better distributed will be more likely spent in local economies then stuck with the ownership class out of the economy.

A worker first system is a progressive system and its a structural change that you are not wrapping your head around.  You are thinking about job creation in our current structured state - a state that needs flipping.

I am just asking for anything of substance from you.  It seems like me, you and many others want to do the same thing...take money from the military and apply it somewhere else.  Cool, that's out of the way.  I say that since you are taking jobs away from people by doing that, its important that the money is used in such a way that replaces those jobs.  As of yet I haven't seen anything of substance from you on that subject.  Just talking points and deflection.  As I eluded to before, I think you want to take the money from the military but in actuality have no clue what specifically you would do with it to replace those jobs you just took.  And those are living wage jobs AND they have benefits and free time like you wouldn't believe!!! LOL

You could say you'd pay people $25/hour to go read kids books to children in NICU for all I care.  I'm just shocked at your inability to think of anything of substance and how you just keep parroting back talking points.

37 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I am just asking for anything of substance from you.  It seems like me, you and many others want to do the same thing...take money from the military and apply it somewhere else.  Cool, that's out of the way.  I say that since you are taking jobs away from people by doing that, its important that the money is used in such a way that replaces those jobs.  As of yet I haven't seen anything of substance from you on that subject.  Just talking points and deflection.  As I eluded to before, I think you want to take the money from the military but in actuality have no clue what specifically you would do with it to replace those jobs you just took.  And those are living wage jobs AND they have benefits and free time like you wouldn't believe!!! LOL

You could say you'd pay people $25/hour to go read kids books to children in NICU for all I care.  I'm just shocked at your inability to think of anything of substance and how you just keep parroting back talking points.

Centerism.  

you could structural change the economy which leaves bezos (or a defense contractor)with a few billion less and workers able to live and stimulate the economy instead of hedge managers wallets. 

you can’t understand because what I speak of is a deep revolutionary type change from our current system   

Also Wes. You have not seemed to pick up that your statement of get an education is a much different statement then the one I am making that is a no barrier opportunity for education. 

While the statement may be technically true, not all super PACs are the same. In fact, there’s a wide chasm between super PACs backing three Democratic candidates, each funded with six-figure donations from wealthy finance executives, and the super PACs backing Sanders, which consist of a nurses union’s PAC and a coalition of progressive organizations that represent over two million working-class people of color.  

... let’s take a look at the super PACs backing Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, and Andrew Yang. These are the type of well-funded super PACs that Sanders and Warren often rail against: PACs that welcome huge donations from corporate executives to purchase barrages of TV ads that are sometimes difficult for viewers to distinguish from official campaign content.

Read more here:  https://readsludge.com/2020/02/10/fact-check-does-bernie-sanders-get-support-from-big-money-super-pacs/

1 hour ago, Fryfan said:

Centerism.  

you could structural change the economy which leaves bezos (or a defense contractor)with a few billion less and workers able to live and stimulate the economy instead of hedge managers wallets. 

you can’t understand because what I speak of is a deep revolutionary type change from our current system   

1 hour ago, Fryfan said:

Also Wes. You have not seemed to pick up that your statement of get an education is a much different statement then the one I am making that is a no barrier opportunity for education. 

So your answer to what to do with the military money and lost jobs is...take money from Jeff Bezos?  And what's extra funny is that Bezos employs tens of thousands of people.  And guess what the minimum wage at his company is?  The exact same minimum that Bernie is asking for in his revolution.  I will be damned.