Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

Biden will get decimated by Trump IMO.   He's the only candidate that might actually be less coherent than Trump.    I don't know why the other candiates don't call him out more.    Literally all he does is talk about "what I did 5 years ago" or "Barack and me did this".    Where are the future plans?    

If the DNC cheats Bernie then Trump will win.    They have to think about if they want to save their party or not.    Bernie supporters are the only ones that can match or exede Trump's loyal base.     It's more than just "beating Trump" to them.     For Biden's base and Pete's base it's just about being Trump.    People are tired of this game.   

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Biden will get decimated by Trump IMO.   He's the only candidate that might actually be less coherent than Trump.    I don't know why the other candiates don't call him out more.    Literally all he does is talk about "what I did 5 years ago" or "Barack and me did this".    Where are the future plans?    

If the DNC cheats Bernie then Trump will win.    They have to think about if they want to save their party or not.    Bernie supporters are the only ones that can match or exede Trump's loyal base.     It's more than just "beating Trump" to them.     For Biden's base and Pete's base it's just about being Trump.    People are tired of this game.   

If the DNC cheats Bernie, they will be radicalizing a really big portion of our society, and creating something that neither party wants to see moving forward.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Nate thinks Biden is still going to pull this out if he wins South Carolina.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-the-race-looks-like-if-biden-wins-or-doesnt-win-south-carolina/

Heads will explode

giphy.gif

let’s look at how our forecast model views three plausible scenarios: a big Biden win (by 10 percentage points or more), a modest Biden win (by less than 10 points) and a Sanders win (no margin specified). As of Wednesday afternoon, the chance of these outcomes happening according to the model was 41 percent (big Biden win), 33 percent (small Biden win) and 23 percent (Sanders win), respectively. We won’t consider the outside possibility (3 percent) of a Steyer win.

Biden, After a big South Carolina win, would be the plurality favorite in every Southern state on Super Tuesday, namely: Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, Oklahoma and Arkansas. While Sanders would remain the favorite in every non-Southern state2 except Minnesota3 including — critically — California, where he has a huge polling lead and where 415 pledged delegates are at stake.

But even if Sanders racks up big margins in California, this isn’t a great outcome for him from a delegate standpoint. He’d only be about 150 delegates ahead of Biden out of a total of 3,979 pledged delegates eventually to be awarded.

What’s more, the rest of the March calendar contains a lot of states that look pretty decent for Biden (Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Mississippi) or at least highly competitive between he and Sanders (Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Arizona). You’d still probably rather be Sanders than Biden. But it would turn the nomination into a highly competitive race.

Sanders winning South Carolina — one of more difficult states on the map for him — would put him well on his way to the nomination.

---

The article states if Bernie wins SC he is looking very good towards the nomination.  If Biden wins BIG in SC the race looks to tighten still favoring sanders.

What article did you read?

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Dems have not grown tired of their game, they are energized by it

the only thing that want is Trump out...by any means necessary 

Edited by bull123

19 minutes ago, Bronn said:

If the DNC cheats Bernie, they will be radicalizing a really big portion of our society, and creating something that neither party wants to see moving forward.

You mean if the DNC does what Bernie wanted them to do in 2016? 

Bernie wants to hijack the DNC to be another party.  That is the root of the issue at play.  He should be running as a 3rd party candidate because that is what he is.   He just knows he can’t win as a Ross Perot

• Poo 1

44 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Nate thinks Biden is still going to pull this out if he wins South Carolina.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-the-race-looks-like-if-biden-wins-or-doesnt-win-south-carolina/

Heads will explode

giphy.gif

biden has a near 100% chance to win south carolina. it's a red state. winning red states and losing blue states was hillary's strategy and we saw how that worked out lmfao

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

You mean if the DNC does what Bernie wanted them to do in 2016? 

Bernie wants to hijack the DNC to be another party.  That is the root of the issue at play.  He should be running as a 3rd party candidate because that is what he is.   He just knows he can’t win as a Ross Perot

well don't worry, if bernie isn't the dem nominee then we're all going third party in 2020 anyway :)

8 minutes ago, rodeo said:

well don't worry, if bernie isn't the dem nominee then we're all going third party in 2020 anyway :)

I mean okay...I did it in 2016 to protest that election.  I think I was wrong in hindsight but that’s hindsight for ya. 

Can’t afford to do that in this one.  That’s me. 

But the google line really applies to Bernie Bros more than anyone...why the fug should people listen about the direction of the party/candidate from folks that aren’t Democrats? I’m more of a Democrat than then Bernie Bros.  I mean if you can’t vote for any of the 57 candidates not named Bernie? 

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, rodeo said:

biden has a near 100% chance to win south carolina. it's a red state. winning red states and losing blue states was hillary's strategy and we saw how that worked out lmfao

SC is a more important state to win than any of the 3 prior...for a multitude of reasons. 

• Poo 1

Just now, CRA said:

SC is a more important state to win than any of the 3 prior...for a multitude of reasons. 

oh how convenient for your anti-bernie position that the deep red state is the more important than all the ones bernie won

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, rodeo said:

oh how convenient for your anti-bernie position that the deep red state is the more important than all the ones bernie won

Yeah, see that is the thing. Everything to a Bernie Bro is about Bernie.  Everything. 

Simple truths that might not favor Bernie are all some made up conspiracy lol.  And again, highlights how Bernie Bros aren’t Democrats.  Because Democrats know how important SC has ALWAYS been viewed (before Bernie was even a topic of discussion)

But yeah, if you are a Democrat?  SC is more important to win than the others thus far.    Several southern states usually fall in lock step with SC.  It is also a tone setter right before Super Tuesday.  That will be the narrative going into Super Tuesday...not what happened on some random super white states.   South Carolina has a clear history of propelling the Democratic candidate and setting the narrative. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

For the record, I think Bernie does well in SC.  

I think the Republicans vote....as they have been planning and organizing about for months.  Will be very easy for them to tilt the scale given the number of moderates and they know it. 

Wouldn’t even surprise me if Trump re-enters with another wink wink right before voting. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

For the record, I think Bernie does well in SC.  

I think the Republicans vote....as they have been planning and organizing about for months.  Will be very easy for them to tilt the scale given the number of moderates and they know it. 

Wouldn’t even surprise me if Trump re-enters with another wink wink right before voting. 

Bernie has spent 0 dollars in SC so if he does well in SC just call him President Elect because it's over. i expect him to be around Tulsi Gabbard level there, it's a deep red state.

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

why the fug should people listen about the direction of the party/candidate from folks that aren’t Democrats?

if the establishment takes this line then they should know that they aren't entitled to our vote. you don't get to cry that the mean old bernie bros (the most diverse and enthusiastic coalition in the race) didn't vote for your hand selected racist after they were told to fug off and get in line. if you want our vote you nominate out candidate. if you think that you can win without us then nominate whatever piece of poo you want. the end.