Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

48 minutes ago, top dawg said:

"Great safeties and corners," and "many" at that at the end of the third?

Come on, man. 

The outrage over this is hysterical. It’s basically an early 4th round pick... We’ve needed a backup QB since DA looked like trash against the Bucs a few years ago (and he was known as the Bucs killed....). This was a good pick whether he’s a long term option at backup or insurance for Cam’s shoulder. He works for both as far as I’m concerned. 

Unless he becomes a full time starter and makes a few pro bowls... I don't see the point. Rather have a safety, linebacker, DT, G.

1 minute ago, CatTower said:

Kyle Allen is an undrafted free agent.  Putting up 1 good game when teams don't have any tape to properly prepare to defend you is not a rare thing.  

Grier has the tools necessary to be a starting QB in the NFL.  

If you guys are really happy about having Allen as the backup, you must just be a fan of getting the #1 pick in the draft.  Yikes!

People ITT acting furious that we aren't patching all the holes to fill our most immediate needs. Complaining that we're drafting a value QB instead of a FS is basically saying we should draft as though everything is going to go exactly perfectly as planned. No need to account for contingencies. 

I get the Hurney draft philosophy. He's basically betting on black on the roulette wheel and complainers are like, "that's fugging stupid! We should be betting on 7! That's the best case scenario. If we hit it we'll be rich!" But it's also super low probability. And given that we got a QB with a bum shoulder, I'm not ready to abandon the entire season in the not unlikely event Cam misses time. 

I don't know what this will mean but for those confuzzled: Patriots fans are pissed this happened.  Apparently NE was the other team all over Grier and they had been eyeing Grier hard.  

2 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

Unless he becomes a full time starter and makes a few pro bowls... I don't see the point. Rather have a safety, linebacker, DT, G.

Interesting. Do you hold all our other high third-rounders to the same standard 

He is ours so...positive spin is  that his measurables and almost identical to Mayfield.  Does throw a nice  deep ball as well.

7 minutes ago, Gazi said:

They had all them hats ready or what? A+ on prep

And Panini wallpaper? That's pretty rare...

I can't believe there are still people marching out the "contingency " argument.

Pretty much what I'm saying is it doesn't matter if Grier has a successful career or not. Heck, the odds of getting a starter for 1-2 seasons in the 3rd round is 12%. If he comes in and wins a game cause Cam can't play he will have more value to the Panthers then 28 of the other players drafted with him in the third round based on law of averages over the last 20 years. 

WE NEED DE AND OL HELP

(drafts DE and OL after signing a DE and C in free agency)

TRASH HURNEY IGNORED S

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Pretty much what I'm saying is it doesn't matter if Grier has a successful career or not. Heck, the odds of getting a starter for 1-2 seasons in the 3rd round is 12%. If he comes in and wins a game cause Cam can't play he will have more value to the Panthers then 28 of the other players drafted with him in the third round based on law of averages over the last 20 years. 

Yeah but that’s a logical argument. Has no place here. 

17 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

And win Super Bowls.

RUSSELL-WILSON.jpg?width=512&height=342&

Seahawks shoulda picked a safety over him right

Will you feel bad if after all the complaining he picks a safety/corner at 115? I hope he pulls the trigger anyway..