Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Proudiddy

Gettleman is getting absolutely destroyed by national media... STILL

Gettleman isn't just an egomaniac, he's a dumbass and he's proud of it. He doesn't know how to do his job, but is going to do it his way no matter how detrimental it is and doesn't care that he's terrible. It's his way no matter what.

• Pie 4

He has his strengths and isnt down right terrible.

I don't think he would have have survived long under Tepper either though. I think his style would have rubbed Tepper the wrong way as much or more ryan Richardson.

23 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't think he would have have survived long under Tepper either though. I think his style would have rubbed Tepper the wrong way as much or more ryan Richardson.

i don't really think he has strengths.  i think he has played himself, again.  i think anyone can come into a bad cap situation and understand financially what needs to be done, because it's clear.  it's what you were hired to do.  it's easy.  after that he had nothing, and he still has nothing.

He’s unnecessarily dick-ish. Doesn’t play very well when you’re winning three games a year.

The league: “Dave lacks the personal touch.”

Dave (below): ”I got ya paahsenal touch right here.”

7DC559D0-153A-4F6D-83AE-1041C4A265B8.gif.a4ee74c7b892ea0f78d0d50e98a1843b.gif

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 5

dave gettleman: *exists*

panther fans:

2795B92B-5A32-4E1C-A547-EA74B761B33C.jpeg.01c9d4aa78d210c54733287f94c43791.jpeg

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

It's amusing when Dave Gettleman's illegitimate nephew shows up here acting like only a few Panthers fans online are skeptical of his decisions as a general manager.

Yeah there's definitely no one else with questions, lol.

• Pie 3

21 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Oh, there are definitely worse guys working as GMs in the league right now. Some of them have teams that are being touted as up and coming champs.

Gettleman's greatest strength was finding rock bottom price guys that still had tread left on their tires or who just hadn't been put in the right situation yet. And he was right that you've got to have big linemen to win. (Although big and good is the operative phrase).

What he could not do well was handle the personnel needs in a team that had been run as a family since the beginning. He also could not negotiate a contract with a visiting starting player to save his life unless that was one of his bargain bin specials. And lastly, for all of his experience in personally doing it, he could not make use of scouting information that came from anyone but himself. 

Honestly, and this will offend a lot of folks here, it was the classic case of a New Yorker coming down South, writing us all off as hicks and rednecks and then proceeding to tells us how they do things back home. And, as per usual, that wears out our hospitality pretty quickly. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

"Honestly, and this will offend a lot of folks here, it was the classic case of a New Yorker coming down South, writing us all off as hicks and rednecks and then proceeding to tells us how they do things back home. And, as per usual, that wears out our hospitality pretty quickly. "

Good point, but he seems to be doing the same thing in his backyard.

• Beer 1

The jones pick may not be his undoing 

losing collins and that CB he drafted that I never heard of sure seems familiar 

To me Gettleman's issues began after the SB season, he comes across as arrogant, and I think he felt all his decisions led to a SB berth and that no matter what similar to Chip Kelly in PHI  his ''opinion'' on talent would bridge any gaps left by shrewd personnel decisions (cutting Smith, ignoring LT, and rescinding the tag).

He operates with a ''I'm smarter than you'' mentality from the outside looking in, and I think he's proven since 2016 that he's not as smart as he thinks he is. Now in our seasons after the SB we were decimated on the OL again, (Oher's concussion fall out, and other injuries led to 3rd string UDFA's starting) and that derailed the 2016 season. 

In 2017, he turned in his best draft since the Start / KK draft in 2013 (CMC / Samuel / Moton), but was back at it with shrewd personnel decision rumors swirling surrounding Olsen, and Davis, and with JR in his final year he wanted to return the team to as close to what he previously had by hiring Hurney again, and firing Gettleman. 

You can still have a family feel, and still make calculated roster moves without devaluing a players value and service, to me that is where Gettleman failed as a GM, it's not just about the roster, it's the culture and feel you provide as a head figure in the organization. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Luuuuuuke! said:

51-28-1

3 division titles.

Playoffs 4 of 5 seasons.

(franchise has 8 playoff appearances total in 24 years)

res ipsa loquitur

5-11

0 division titles.

Playoffs 0 of 1 seasons.

(Franchise has 4 Super Bowl titles, 2 in the last 15 years)

I guess all that magic just wore off, huh?

He’s not our GM so I don’t care. I’m just happy he left us with the 2017 draft, even Butker sigh.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

JNo still taking shots too. Recently said that the Giants need to do whatever they can to keep Gettleman, because he is winning games for the Redskins. lol It was in regards to the Redskins landing Collins.

• Pie 4