Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers interested in Gerald McCoy

He says he wants to play for a contender, but sometimes that means having to take less money. Don't see how Cleveland and Baltimore are more of a contender than us. We'll see if he really wants to play for a contender or is just chasing money.

20 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

LDE - Kawann Short    NT- Dontari Poe     RDE- Gerald McCoy

OLB- Bruce Irvin     MLB- Shaq Thompson     MLB- Luke Kuechly      OLB- Mario Addison 

I could get excited about that

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We could fit him under the cap at $11M by releasing Torrey Smith, but that would also leave virtually no money for anything else *cough*FS*cough*

tbh i think we would be better off with a great front 7 and gauldin at fs.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We could fit him under the cap at $11M by releasing Torrey Smith, but that would also leave virtually no money for anything else *cough*FS*cough*

Is there a FS in the market who could have as much of an impact as McCoy would on our Dline?

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Is there a FS in the market who could have as much of an impact as McCoy would on our Dline?

That depends on just how bad we're going to be at FS. Unless Gaulden has improved by leaps and bounds, I'm afraid we're going to be really bad and we'll double down on the badness by playing Reid out of position a lot.

If several teams are interested then there will be a bidding war so getting him cheap is highly unlikely. We have a more of a contender look than the Browns though that’s for damn sure.

Sorry but this is not going to happen. If we won't even spend money to bring in a FS, what makes u think we would sign another DT for more than 11 mil

unimpressed not funny GIF

Also worth pointing out, that the report about the 11M offers was "per year," which I can only assume means he usn't gonna be taking a 1-year deal either.  But, I'd be happy with giving him a front-heavy two-year deal.

We have a better chance than more than half the league l in my view. Depends on what the guy savors. Maybe we are the flavor. Ciao