Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Is CMC..  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is CMC the best white RB of all time?

lol. I was waiting for someone to get PC about this. He's white. He's a beast. Get over it. 

The short answer is ... Not yet. 

As a Panther fan, I hope he's greater than a whole lot of black running backs. But at this point, he's not even the greatest running back the Panthers have had of all time. 

I think a more interesting question would be... Can Christian be the greatest white running back of all time and still not be the best Panthers running back of all time?

This thread is the most ridiculous one made because the race card was brought into it. Some people here just seem to get others to start their race ranting and getting an argument on the subject when it is very unnecessary to even do.

Things like this are not acceptable now even though  the group  of people that you singled out don't care about it.  You should know this and accept it.

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Peyton Hillis 

The greatest white running back before that guy from the Redskins and since ever.  He used to drink beer with his oline.  Peyton hillis was a product of being a minority of a position and was the only reason we know his name along with a bs madden cover.  Cmc is damn good. 

• Beer 1

On 5/24/2019 at 9:21 AM, ncfan said:

Still too early

Im curious, if Cam can get healthy and we can protect him.  Will Cam be the best African American QB when he decides to hang it up

Of the ones who have won NFL MVPs since 1980

Warren Moon- 1 MVP, 17 seasons, 291-233 TD/int, 80.9 passer rating, 58.4 comp%, 22 rushing TDs, 

Randall Cunningham- 1 MVP, 16 seasons, 207-134 TD/int, 81.5 passer rating, 56.6 comp %,  35 rushing TDs

Steve McNair- 1 MVP, 13 seasons, 174-119 TD/int, 82.8 passer rating, 60.1 comp %, 37 rushing TDs

Cam- 1 MVP, 8 seasons, 182-107 TD/int, 86.4 passer rating, 59.7 comp %, 58 rushing TDs

Statistically he is and he’s basically played half the seasons of those others. Obviously you can get into more nuanced things like what those guys meant to team, playoff wins, first downs etc. but Cam is on trajectory to be the best Black qb ever. Best dual threat ever if he keeps the pace he will surpass my favorite qb of all time Steve young. You’ll start hearing people say that in commentary in a couple of years IF the shoulder is ok. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Statistically he is and he’s basically played half the seasons of those others. Obviously you can get into more nuanced things like what those guys meant to team, playoff wins, first downs etc. but Cam is on trajectory to be the best Black qb ever. Best dual threat ever if he keeps the pace he will surpass my favorite qb of all time Steve young. You’ll start hearing people say that in commentary in a couple of years IF the shoulder is ok. 

Doug Williams and Russell Wilson. 

(depending on what kind of "nuance" you are into)

28 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Doug Williams and Russell Wilson. 

(depending on what kind of "nuance" you are into)

Doug Williams is up there for sure. Especially with that super bowl win. RW will be in the conversation too.

13 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Im also not talking about all time stat wise

im talking pure talent and superstar ability

• Poo 1

On 5/24/2019 at 6:50 AM, Pantha-kun said:

He has only played 2 fuging seasons with 0 playoff wins to his name. 

Really only one great season. Its way too early to say that.  

John Riggins was a while ago but he played 14 seasons,  amassed over 11,000 rushing yards and over 100 rushing TDs 

IMO CMC has got to play at least 10 seasons to even get his foot in the door with that conversation. 

And called a Supreme Court Justice Sandy Baby.  CMC will never top that.  :)

• Beer 1

Why does race bother ya'll so much?  This is not the damn 30s we can discuss someone's race without dumb repeated phrases of "I dOnt CaRe i hE wAs BLuE, YelloWW, or PolKa dOt" 

That poo is played out. You do care because your feathers ruffled every time. lol 

4 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Why does race bother ya'll so much?  This is not the damn 30s we can discuss someone's race without dumb repeated phrases of "I dOnt CaRe i hE wAs BLuE, YelloWW, or PolKa dOt" 

That poo is played out. You do care because your feathers ruffled every time. lol 

its not the race that bothers me.  When you say white RB or black QB, you put them in a box that really doesnt matter.  Im sure Cam and CMC dont want to be remembered as just a black qb or white rb, even if it is the best of that.  When all is said and done, do you want CMC to be compared to Riggins or Faulk?  In the end, how does race matter when comparing CMC to other RBs?

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

And called a Supreme Court Justice Sandy Baby.  CMC will never top that.  :)

Another example of the extraordinarily high level Riggins had ascended to -- people were paying attention to what he said.  Nobody gives a poo what CMC thinks.