Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

Charlotte Observer is losing both of its Carolina Panthers beat writers

twittermug_bigger.JPGR.L. Bynum @RL_Bynum
FollowFollow @RL_Bynum
More

R.L. Bynum Retweeted Marcel Louis-Jacques

So, the Charlotte Observer is losing both of its Carolina Panthers beat writers.

R.L. Bynum added,

Marcel Louis-JacquesVerified account @Marcel_LJ
Some personal news, I‘ll be joining ESPN‘s NFL Nation staff as its new Buffalo Bills reporter starting July 1. The Carolinas have been my home for the past two years & I‘ll always cherish my…
Show this thread
10:48 AM - 5 Jun 2019
  • Pie 1

I have no idea who that is, but this is getting a little ridiculous. The Panthers North are even stealing our unknown beat writers now? I mean, damn.

• Pie 7

Jourdan is leaving the observer, no clue where she’s going but wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a promotion to something more national...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, t96 said:

Jourdan is leaving the observer, no clue where she’s going but wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a promotion to something more national...

shame 

Media coverage is changing in a big way around here. If the Panthers could flick a switch and have its own in house Media group be the exclusive provider they would, and each year they move closer to that. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Media coverage is changing in a big way around here. If the Panthers could flick a switch and have its own in house Media group be the exclusive provider they would, and each year they move closer to that. 

And it would be a mistake.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Joe Person becomes the only independent voice of the Panthers?

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Joe Person becomes the only independent voice of the Panthers?

Not sure. The Athletic is an interesting business model but similar ones have always failed within 3 years.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Bad news for journalism but not surprising.