Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Fryfan

Impeachment thread

Yeah the real LAW that's involved here, as far as I understand, is that they obstructed a lawful committee hearing. They basically obstructed Congress. Had any of us rushed in there to do the same, we would've been arrested for barging in and not for having a cell phone.

7 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Yeah the real LAW that's involved here, as far as I understand, is that they obstructed a lawful committee hearing. They basically obstructed Congress. Had any of us rushed in there to do the same, we would've been arrested for barging in and not for having a cell phone.

They are members of Congress so they can be seated. But for some reason they think someone will save them. I expect we’ll see censure votes on all of them(that stayed) by next Monday. Plus removal(not congressional but by the SAA).

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

They are members of Congress so they can be seated. But for some reason they think someone will save them. I expect we’ll see censure votes on all of them(that stayed) by next Monday. Plus removal(not congressional but by the SAA).

I've not access to Twitter here at work. Is that what's happening? Is anyone actively pushing for them to be punished?

2 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

I've not access to Twitter here at work. Is that what's happening? Is anyone actively pushing for them to be punished?

Is twitter a judge, jury and executioner?

Edited by Harbingers

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Is twitter a judge, jury and executioner?

No I'm talking about any news that the House Ethics committee or someone else is moving to do something to them or will this simply go down as political theater and nothing actual comes of it. Twitter would be talking about it House Reps would be calling for it, announcing it, etc

I smell...something that stinks....smells like Republican desperation....

On 10/23/2019 at 9:16 PM, Fryfan said:

Of course they ran this by trump and trump gave it the green light. 

and you know this how ? 

7 minutes ago, retired said:

I think that's your most common quote regardless of the subject

You don't get to play the respectability incivility card

You support criminal organizations and concentration camps. Your opinion is less than poo and you're allowed to post here as an example of ineptitude and fugshit. Go to hell, nazi

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, retired said:

and you know this how ? 

?

Because of republican freedom caucus leaks to the press.  

16 hours ago, retired said:

and you know this how ? 

Here you go, fugstick. An explanation by your own Fox personality explaining that what Schiff is doing is completely within the rules established by none other than John Boehner.

And, another question somewhat related: do you remember when a good portion of the Benghazi hearings, conducted by a majority Republican house, were done behind closed doors in the exact same SCIF room?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-napolitano-schools-fox-and-friends-on-impeachment-adam-schiff-just-following-the-rules-written-by-gop

43 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Here you go, fugstick. An explanation by your own Fox personality explaining that what Schiff is doing is completely within the rules established by none other than John Boehner.

And, another question somewhat related: do you remember when a good portion of the Benghazi hearings, conducted by a majority Republican house, were done behind closed doors in the exact same SCIF room?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-napolitano-schools-fox-and-friends-on-impeachment-adam-schiff-just-following-the-rules-written-by-gop

John Boehner contradicts the judge, saying he didnt change the impeachment rules... he did change on aspect of it ,,, the committee chairman can subpoena someone without a committee vote to authorize the subpoena 

Schiff is not allowing members access to records of the hearings... only committee members can see them, and if your a republican, you cant look at them unless a democrat staffer is with you... BOTH are against house rules... 

house rules concerning hearings etc,  state as follows … 

(2)(A) Except as provided in subdivision (B), all committee records (including hearings, data, charts, and files) shall be kept separate and distinct from the congressional office records of the member serving as its chair. Such records shall be the property of the House, and each Member, Delegate, and the Resident Commissioner shall have access thereto. 

(B) A Member, Delegate, or Resident Commissioner, other than members of the Committee on Ethics, may not have access to the records of that committee respecting the conduct of a Member, Delegate, Resident Commissioner, officer, or employee of the House without the specific prior permission of that committee. 

the Benghazi hearings were dealing with classified information, these hearing are not classified... 

The judge made a mistake in what he said but the left being the left, but just like the Covington Catholic controversy... and without checking the facts,  took a sound bite they liked and yelled it from the roof tops for everyone to hear

maybe you should read this article: https://www.redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2019/10/25/former-speaker-boehner-contradicts-foxs-napolitano-says-gop-not-change-impeachment-rules-2015/