Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rippadonn

OK......MALIK MONK AT PG

Won't lose a step. Put it on his shoulders I think he can fill the roll. This may be a blessing in disguise. What say you?

• Poo 3

Yeah, kick a man when he's down. It's the perfect opportunity for the Hornets to really see what they got there. At best he's a Steph Curry 6'3", range, pretty good passer at worst a bust. He should ask for that job.

Totally agree...but the Hornets won’t play him and he walks for nothing in a few years.  The blueprint is clear.

• Beer 1

Monk, Bacon, Bridges, Washington, Zeller needs to be the starting lineup or we riot.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Monk, Bacon, Bridges, Washington, Zeller needs to be the starting lineup or we riot.

Some stiff, Batum, MKG, Marvin and Zeller.  Bank it

Monk is not a PG!!! HE DOESN'T HAVE THE HANDLES OR THE MIND SET TO RUN A OFFENSE..

Plain and simple he is a scorer.. His only success in this league will be a Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford or if he ever learns to play defense Avery Bradley..

He isn't a pg get over it Clifford was wrong to even put him there..

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Monk is not a PG!!! HE DOESN'T HAVE THE HANDLES OR THE MIND SET TO RUN A OFFENSE..

Plain and simple he is a scorer.. His only success in this league will be a Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford or if he ever learns to play defense Avery Bradley..

He isn't a pg get over it Clifford was wrong to even put him there..

He's a scorer playing the wrong position for his body type. If he's in the NBA and can't play both guard positions he shouldn't be there. Having him on the floor full time would undoubtedly help his game to the next level but he's not an NBA 2. This guy would benefit from the position switch not having to struggle defensively trying to guard 6'6" NBA 2 guards.

Rozier is as much as done, consolation no doubt , but I'd just run my young guys. Save that money because Rozier isn't that move that's gonna change a damn thing.

You'll get what you want though because nobody over there is thinking out of the box anyways.

19 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

They may not win alot but that would be fun to watch. Worth a ticket.

55 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He's a scorer playing the wrong position for his body type. If he's in the NBA and can't play both guard positions he shouldn't be there.

Yeah, this has been said here plenty. It is possible that he eventually carves out a role but right now he does not look like an NBA caliber player. 

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter of he plays PG or Rozier, we will still be a bottom 4 team in the NBA, so essentially it doesn't matter. But it is extremely unlikely that Monk would "take his game to the next level." We aren't out anything for trying but he does not even remotely look capable of being an NBA PG.

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

He's a scorer playing the wrong position for his body type. If he's in the NBA and can't play both guard positions he shouldn't be there. Having him on the floor full time would undoubtedly help his game to the next level but he's not an NBA 2. This guy would benefit from the position switch not having to struggle defensively trying to guard 6'6" NBA 2 guards.

Rozier is as much as done, consolation no doubt , but I'd just run my young guys. Save that money because Rozier isn't that move that's gonna change a damn thing.

You'll get what you want though because nobody over there is thinking out of the box anyways.

I'm sorry but all you are saying is his body type.. But I've name 3 players who have made a career not being PG with that body type.. He in reality which the team must have already figured out is a off the bench scorer .  He will never be a starter in my opinion.. He doesn't have the defense or bulk to be a Starting 2guard and he doesn't have the skillsets to be a PG.. So he might have to be a Jamal Crawford,  Jj Redick, or Lou Williams.. Instant offense off the bench..

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, this has been said here plenty. It is possible that he eventually carves out a role but right now he does not look like an NBA caliber player. 

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter of he plays PG or Rozier, we will still be a bottom 4 team in the NBA, so essentially it doesn't matter. But it is extremely unlikely that Monk would "take his game to the next level." We aren't out anything for trying but he does not even remotely look capable of being an NBA PG.

That's up to coach as far as position/strategy. If coach says so that's what it is. I'd tell him he had to do it or sit on the bench. As bad as we need scoring you'd almost as a coach have to tell him to step in. 

He is by far capable but is he willing? Again, that shouldn't matter to the right coach. He hasn't proven anything as a player aside from being able to light it up in stretches. Totally a coach's job to get in his head.

The foolish Rozier deal makes this a mute point but this is a team that is struggling to get anything out of their investments. To me it's more important to play Monk and Graham and prioritize developing guys you drafted instead of getting another overpaid backup.

Edited by rippadonn