Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

(Warning: not what the tank crowd wants to hear)Kupchak on Rozier and upcoming season

I don't take those quotes as anti-tank at all.  I mean, not like he's going to say "we're going to suck this year, let's see what the young kids have got" - - but he did kind of say that.  Couple quotes more specific to potential acquisitions and anti-tank...

MJ is willing to pay the tax...if there's a playoff caliber team that can advance

• No, no he's not. He would've kept Kemba if so.  Also, a big "IF" there's a playoff caliber team, capable of advancing.  Cool..because there won't be. 

We have to inject this team with young players AND develop them. 

• Aka...NOT trade them away. So...there's no chance they would have a trade package for capable players to make this a playoff team. As for free agents, yeah, there's no sign again this is a playoff team, AND there's nobody really worth a crap left plus the cap ramifications.

The Rozier love fest, he "would be a lottery pick", etc.

• Cool.  He was basically a lotto pick when he came out, in what's turning out to be a decent draft class. Not exactly sure what he was going for with that comment other than hey, he's got 12th pick in the draft value to us. 

Jordan's ego and feeling like he has to do something post-Kemba after catching heat can't be ruled out...but a lot of quotes just saying the basics to me. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This team was not going to be very good even with Kemba....while i didnt want Kemba to walk he was going to handcuff this team to his high cap number for years. I dont blame them for not paying Kemba I blame them for not dumping him when they had the chance. Pick a damn plan and stick to it

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

MJ is willing to pay the tax...if there's a playoff caliber team that can advance

• No, no he's not. He would've kept Kemba if so.  Also, a big "IF" there's a playoff caliber team, capable of advancing.  Cool..because there won't be. 

We are not a playoff caliber team this year with Kemba which is MJ's excuse for not resigning Kemba. Not really sure how you are disagreeing with that.

• Pie 1

Kupchak:     we were going to tank and rebuild until Michael saw that Westbrook became tradable. If you guys thought that the Clippers gave a lot for PG13, hold my beer. 

• Beer 1

What do you all expect him to say? "Hey season ticket owners and those thinking about buying, we are going to be one of the worst teams in the league!" 

Just because he says we aren't rebuilding or tanking doesn't mean that we aren't.

Look at our roster! We are going to be tanking even if we don't want to be!!

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I don't take those quotes as anti-tank at all.

Zero chance Jordan tanks.  The financial ramifications are too extreme, he cannot afford it.

2 hours ago, yasuhara2241 said:

What do you all expect him to say? "Hey season ticket owners and those thinking about buying, we are going to be one of the worst teams in the league!" 

Just because he says we aren't rebuilding or tanking doesn't mean that we aren't.

Look at our roster! We are going to be tanking even if we don't want to be!!

He's (Kupchak) absolutely saying the same things he said last year....

....namely, WE ARE NOT TANKING! 

Playoffs are the (completely illogical) goal.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

He's (Kupchak) absolutely saying the same things he said last year....

....namely, WE ARE NOT TANKING! 

Playoffs are the (completely illogical) goal.

With our roster we are tanking no matter what is said. No team is going to outright say they are tanking and rebuilding especially in a city like Charlotte. We are the most fickle basketball fanbase. How many people got so upset and wanted to switch teams because we didn't overpay Kemba? 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

With our roster we are tanking no matter what is said. No team is going to outright say they are tanking and rebuilding especially in a city like Charlotte. We are the most fickle basketball fanbase. How many people got so upset and wanted to switch teams because we didn't overpay Kemba? 

Interesting take.

What constitutes a legit "tank" effort in your opinion?

What's the over/under win total on a real "tank" effort?

15?  Something else?

76'ers who executed legit long-term "tank" effort went 19, 18, 10, 28....

....we looking for something like that?

Edited by Stoney