Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

5 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Bu-bu-bu-but ObAmA!

*eyeroll*

LOL! Fryfan beatdown about 5 of his incarnations in this thread & his ass is still chapped. 

• Pie 1

When someone like Cummings or local politicians say stuff about Baltimore being dangerous it's from a place of concern because those are their constituents and they want it to be a better place.

Trump and his death cult on the other hand want the people there to suffer and are happy that people he hates are in pain.  Baltimore doesn't make him money or go out of his way to praise him, so his starting point regarding the city is ambivalence at best.  What takes things way into the red is how the city's leaders criticize him and its citizens overwhelmingly vote against his amateur hour administration.  If that wasn't bad enough, Elijah Cummings is fulfilling his constitutional oversight duties in Congress by investigating Trump's deeply corrupt, incompetent administration, so Donald hates him even more because of that.

40 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

When someone like Cummings or local politicians say stuff about Baltimore being dangerous it's from a place of concern because those are their constituents and they want it to be a better place.

Trump and his death cult on the other hand want the people there to suffer and are happy that people he hates are in pain.  Baltimore doesn't make him money or go out of his way to praise him, so his starting point regarding the city is ambivalence at best.  What takes things way into the red is how the city's leaders criticize him and its citizens overwhelmingly vote against his amateur hour administration.  If that wasn't bad enough, Elijah Cummings is fulfilling his constitutional oversight duties in Congress by investigating Trump's deeply corrupt, incompetent administration, so Donald hates him even more because of that.

FB_IMG_1565880233711.jpg

42 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Got ask where's the money Trump adminstration sent to Cummings district think was 16 million. Democrat corruption

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, FTSBulldogs1996 said:
  • The holding cells are severely overcrowded, with little room to sit and only concrete benches and floors—no beds—to sleep on. In addition, lights are kept on 24 hours a day, making sleep extremely uncomfortable and nearly impossible. One mother described watching her infant daughter, lying on the cold concrete, “shivering from the cold as she slept.”[5]
  • https://www.nilc.org/issues/immigration-enforcement/doe-v-johnson-issue-brief/
  • Obama started putting children and immigrants in cages way before Trump

Point avoided entirely great job there

2 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

If want criticize Trump first Criticize the President who had the cages built named Obama.  If it wasn't for double standards liberals wouldn't have any standards at all.

24 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

I think his favorite thing about creating all the alts is pretending this lie he keeps repeating hasn't been exposed multiple times.

24 minutes ago, 332nd said:

I think his favorite thing about creating all the alts is pretending this lie he keeps repeating hasn't been exposed multiple times.

Lol at thinking this is a alternate name. Wrong

30 minutes ago, 332nd said:

LMAO nothing I have posted has been a lie or exposed. I heard bout huddle through someone .Who told me to check this site out for Panther Discussion

Still bad.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/08/30/baltimore-homicide-count-2019-august/

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore’s homicide count in 2019 is higher than this time last year.

There have been 227 homicides in 2019, while at this time last year there were 193. There were 309 murders in total in Baltimore in 2018.

This comes after two back-to-back quadruple shootings in Baltimore in 24 hours, where two people died, including a 16-year-old boy. There were seven shootings reported Thursday.

Police have released a strategy to help lower crime in the city, but officers have been victims of crimes as well.

Tyrone Domingo Banks, 30, allegedly fired at an officer Tuesday, after trying to strike another with the silver SUV he was driving. He was killed during a confrontation with police Wednesday night. Another officer and woman were also injured in the shooting.

Sgt. Isaac Carrington is still recovering after he was shot outside his home by a suspect in a blue Acura. Police have yet to find his shooter.

Gangs are out of control and killing at an alarming rate.  And to say nothing can be done is a lie.  You have to get tough.  New York in the 90s was a terrible scary place with over 2,000 in 1990.  Just last year, almost 300 in a city with the population they have.  

Edited by g5jamz

Deal with the long term harm of the tough on crime has wrecked on cities like mine and how as education funding has remained flat or dropped the problem in youth crime have increased.

Easy to throw rocks when the long term causes and long term solutions are ignored, I will continue to fight ground level in my city specifically on education parity and how funding gaps that do not address disproportionate wealth in the city and are justification from the state to keep funding at below levels needed to serve portions of the community that are high need and poverty (once again from structural racism) (Bottom line wealth in the city is completely skewed by people like Kevin Plank and executive in the city - that trickles down to school level funding) 

Tough on crime was attempted and it caused MORE problems, foot patrols and community policing efforts  can only address so much after decades of mistrust.    Tough on education disparity has never been addressed - how about crime is stopped at the root of it and not as a "tough" crack down on it when its too late. 

I live in the city - I have no fear of being murdered it is not an issue for me.  Its part of my middle class white privilege - a glaring one that needs immediate addressing.

Edited by Fryfan

23 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

New York in the 90s was a terrible scary place with over 2,000 in 1990.  Just last year, almost 300 in a city with the population they have

Was NYC stifled from resources, do they have a huge variety of resources at hand that in places like baltimore where handcuffed from having?   Did 1948 legislation seal its city limits that accommodated white flight and how the tax base shifted and how this has had almost a century long ramification for the city?

There is a reason when I file my state taxes I have to select Baltimore CITY COUNTY and not Baltimore county.

https://www.baltimoremagazine.com/2007/12/1/100-years-baltimore-seals-its-borders

hirty years later, in 1948, it seems that no one remembered Harlan's sensible-sounding argument anymore. Maryland's voters changed their minds, approving Question 5 and fitting Baltimore City into a straitjacket of its 1948 boundaries.
Why bother slogging through all this ancient history? Because it's not ancient history at all. When a constantly-expanding and vibrant Baltimore City lost its centuries-old ability to expand its borders, it ended up stuck with a preponderance of the region's poor and needy—and a shortage of the region's rich and wealthy. The city's population reached an all-time high in 1950 of more than 949,000; soon thereafter, the exodus out to the new suburbs began. That's a surefire recipe for civic decay. It happened not just here, but in Cleveland and Detroit and Milwaukee and lots of other cities as well.

But it didn't happen that way everywhere. Think of cities like Houston, Columbus, Raleigh, and Albuquerque. What did these cities do that enabled them to sign on with the thriving Sun Belt and avoid the fate of the suffering Rust Belt? They did what healthy cities have been doing for centuries—they grew. And they did it the old-fashioned way, by annexing their suburbs—and sharing the wealth.

What if the 1948 election had turned out differently and this had happened in Baltimore, too? What if the city had stretched its borders out to the Beltway? What if it went beyond that, combining the city and the county into a single jurisdiction, whether in whole or in part? We can see real examples of how that worked in cities like Indianapolis and Jacksonville. Both towns implemented versions of this, and it's worked out pretty well in both places, judging by their lower rates of crime, unemployment, and poverty.

"If Baltimore City and Baltimore County had consolidated—obviously, that's something that's not really possible any more, but if it had been possible and if it had happened—Baltimore would be the fifth largest city in America in population," Rusk says. "It would have all kinds of different resources and tools and flexibility to deal with the urban problems."

---

Throw rocks, ignore the deep roots of problems.  fug you jamz.

Edited by Fryfan

3 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Baltimore isn't alone.  Liberal policies are killing more and more every day.  

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-09-04/homeless-deaths-los-angeles-coroner-record

People still scapegoating and thinking doctors and pharma are responsible for these opiod-related deaths?  

Do you live in Charlotte or any other large city?