Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Captroop

Second mass shooting in less than 24 hours: 9 dead in Dayton

DAYTON, Ohio — A gunman wearing body armor and carrying extra magazines opened fire in a popular nightlife area of Dayton, Ohio, killing nine and injuring dozens, authorities say, in the second U.S. mass shooting in less than 24 hours.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/at-least-16-hospitalized-as-police-investigate-ohio-shooting/2019/08/04/67d696d0-b690-11e9-acc8-1d847bacca73_story.html?utm_term=.926d5bda30ef

Please don't politicize this! The blame clearly lies with God for not answering prayers to fix the mental health problem.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Trump probably had a nice golf weekend though

Obama:

JhYqDnw.jpg

Trump: 

s111224533.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=73

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Honestly, I have been trying to wrap my head around all the defenses of the pro gun crowd.  One of their center most defenses is that changing gun laws does nothing because there are tons of guns out there and it would just punish law abiding gun owners.

If they know all the answers, then how do they solve them here?  How do they prevent mass shootings?  What would have happened if 10 NRA Rambo's were there taking shots at the gun men?  How many others would have been caught in the crossfire?  In Dayton, the gunman was put down by police in minutes, yet they still killed several people.  I think it's plain to see that adding more guns isn't the best choice.

What else?

I'm calling my congressional representative and out senators on Monday.

2 hours ago, d-dave said:

Honestly, I have been trying to wrap my head around all the defenses of the pro gun crowd.  One of their center most defenses is that changing gun laws does nothing because there are tons of guns out there and it would just punish law abiding gun owners.

If they know all the answers, then how do they solve them here?  How do they prevent mass shootings?  What would have happened if 10 NRA Rambo's were there taking shots at the gun men?  How many others would have been caught in the crossfire?  In Dayton, the gunman was put down by police in minutes, yet they still killed several people.  I think it's plain to see that adding more guns isn't the best choice.

What else?

Let's all just pretend the rest of the civilized world hasn't figured out how to significantly reduce the likelihood of these sort of senseless attacks.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, d-dave said:

What else?

You would think law abiding hunting/defense gun owners would be outraged, livid and want to change the law because of these situations. Like most of them I know. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

generation Z or a boomer ?

Yeah boomers bare no responsibility for our gun culture. 

5 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Yeah boomers bare no responsibility for our gun culture. 

Yeah, everyone is responsible except the person who did it.  Great comeback kid.

7 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Yeah, everyone is responsible except the person who did it.  Great comeback kid.

Boomers voted that hateful orange prick into office. You can't hide from that fact. They heard his rhetoric. They heard Mexicans are rapists and invaders. They heard Muslims are terrorists and should not be allowed in America. They heard it and they voted for it. Boomers normalized hate. And now it's being used to mobilize hateful white men. Boys! Being radicalized by the alt right online.

Your generation was supposed to say to your kids, "No. That's not what America is about. You're talking about human beings here. Don't dehumanize them." 

Instead your generation said, "I like him because he tells it like it is." And they voted him into the highest office in the land. Well now you've got a generation of racist boys who don't feel they have to hide in the shadows. They think a voting majority has their back. They think the president has their back. They aren't fringe. They are the silent majority. 

Boomers voted in the politicians who repealed the assault weapons ban. Boomers started the White nationalist precursor Tea Party. Boomers voted for Trump. In my case, against the STRONG recommendation of your children. We saw this coming.  You said we were hysterical. 

I wish these trigger men were boomers!

So they'd be part of a dwindling cohort that's shrinking into obsolescence. But no. This is a terror that's going to last for decades. 

Thanks. Tell your friends I hope it was worth the tax cut. 

• Pie 6