Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Captroop

Second mass shooting in less than 24 hours: 9 dead in Dayton

1 hour ago, g5jamz said:

To someone that appreciates it, tons.

No, thoughts and prayers are a formality. It’s like hello or goodbye.

“My condolences” is the exact same thing. No god required. 

How can anyone in their right mind think this guy should be a cub scout leader never mind a President.

I know, suck it libs, got it

2 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Just getting this straight. He’s anti-GOP right?

I don’t believe that video games have zero link to violence. When you spend 16/7 shooting people on CS, CoD, BF, Fortnite or everything else and you desensitize yourself to violence because you never seen it in real life. The consequences as well. And you don’t remind yourself it’s just a game. People can easily forget.

It’s like John Oliver said last night. We as Americans are completely desensitizing ourselves to shootings, to the trump BS. If you haven’t watched the Oliver monologue I highly recommend watching it. 

Not saying anything else this account said was wrong. But FPS’s and the atmosphere desensitize people. 

Thats why I say Unreal & Quake for life. 

• Poo 3

When I see studies that show video gaming attributes this much to gun violence then I'll gladly lay down my HOBBY for the safety of people.

Will those of you that love your gun hobby do the same?   You won't because the studies that link this and your hobby are already out there in mass quanities and yet you ignore them with nonsense excuses.

America isn't desensitized to this because of video games, it's because that is who we are.   This is a country born from war, that lives in war, and that has profited from war.     We haven't even had a decade without any conflict happening.     We're a country that gets all up in arms about a a wardrobe malfunction but is completely OK with decapitations and violence on TV.     We glorify things like war.      We're also desensitized because since Columbine we really haven't done anything drastic to limit things like this.      So over decades it's become the norm.      Now we have a President that pushes the hate that leads up to it.     America has a violence and war problem and video games are just a product of the big issue.     

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

When I see studies that show video gaming attributes this much to gun violence then I'll gladly lay down my HOBBY for the safety of people.

Will those of you that love your gun hobby do the same?   You won't because the studies that link this and your hobby are already out there in mass quanities and yet you ignore them with nonsense excuses.

America isn't desensitized to this because of video games, it's because that is who we are.   This is a country born from war, that lives in war, and that has profited from war.     We haven't even had a decade without any conflict happening.     We're a country that gets all up in arms about a a wardrobe malfunction but is completely OK with decapitations and violence on TV.     We glorify things like war.      We're also desensitized because since Columbine we really haven't done anything drastic to limit things like this.      So over decades it's become the norm.      Now we have a President that pushes the hate that leads up to it.     America has a violence and war problem and video games are just a product of the big issue.     

I still say “ Realistic” FPS’s play a large part in the desensitization of young mind because they can shoot literally millions of people without a single thought of how shooting actually works in the real world. On the other hand it can be perceived as a venting device or outlet. But, certainly not video games as a whole. MMO’s for example are obviously all based in Fantasy or Sci-Fi and have no connection to reality. 

You are absolutely correct on the rest of the media though. No other country in the world portrays the kind of violence we do. Well, except maybe South Korea & Japan but THEY DONT HAVE GUNS as citizens and the police barely carry them. It’s all meat cleavers, knives, boards with nails and the likes in their ultra violent Flics. 

It’s like this, I was going to post this separate to comment on the fact that the exact same gun could have been built two different ways, one is legal through a loophole the other is illegal but the final product is the same. However the makers of this gun marketed it as “Orchestra of metal and hellfire”. Who the fug needs an orchestra of hellfire for anything other than killing lots of people. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dayton-shooter-s-gun-called-orchestra-metal-hellfire-n1039476

Edited by Harbingers
  • Poo 2

You’d have to be a shitty piece of poo to link these terroristic acts to fuging fortnite. 

fug all the way off with that noise

11 minutes ago, rico6 said:

You’d have to be a shitty piece of poo to link these terroristic acts to fuging fortnite. 

fug all the way off with that noise

Fortnite is a piece of poo game to begin with. It’s entire purpose is to make as much money a step humanly possible off of people that just want to fight for as little effort as possible. Fug fortnite.