Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Official Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears Gameday Thread

Holy poo football is here. Well, kinda. Sure, it is a glorified practice but it is by far the best thing going.

What are you looking for tonight?

Personally, I am excited to see the young guns sling the ball and the competition on the edge. A few sacks tonight would make me very happy. But more importantly some consistent pressure on the QB would be even better.

GOOOOOOO PANTHERS

Can't wait to see our  #1 draft pick.   Burns .

STAY HEALTHY PANTHERS

If Scarlett was playing I would say the rb battle ...

As of now, the QB, WR's, OLB's.... Oline and Oline depth....Secondary depth..

Also, every free agent and rookie we brought in.  

So....guess you could say basically everything. 

Since Cam isn't playing I'd expect tho it to go something like: 

Allen ...1st Qtr 

Grier- 2nd and 3rd 

Heinicke- 4th 

And good Lord let us stay healthy..

I'm checking for:

FS and nickel back play.

Once we figure these out.  Historic D in the making   

I want to see 

Allen-Q1

Grier- Q2-3

A GOOD dose of Holyfield

Let Burns play the whole 1st half. Plus a big dose of Haynes and Christian Miller.  Lets see what the hype is about

Sucks for the QBs but Greg Little needs a LOT of action tonight

Win no matter what!

/s

Im really excited to see what Burns, Grier and Kyle Allen can do tonight.

2 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

If Scarlett was playing I would say the rb battle ...

As of now, the QB, WR's, OLB's.... Oline and Oline depth....Secondary depth..

Also, every free agent and rookie we brought in.  

So....guess you could say basically everything. 

Since Cam isn't playing I'd expect tho it to go something like: 

Allen ...1st Qtr 

Grier- 2nd and 3rd 

Heinicke- 4th 

And good Lord let us stay healthy..

knowing Ron (unless I missed a report)...I wouldn't be surprised if Grier starts off as the 3rd QB.  

I'm curious to see what kind of scheme changes stand out on D with the change from Vic Fangio to Chuck Pagano... and whether any of those changes will actually be revealed in preseason game 1 or will it be super vanilla? Probably the latter... 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CharlesClime

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Our defense last year wasn't that talented.  Luke was on his last legs, Short was out with injury, and Bradberry while solid, couldn't do it all.  This years group has a chance to be better, in part because they would be hard pressed to be worse.
    • Winning in the NFL because you are on a team with a solid D and good running game isn't much for the next team. Teddy had 3200 yards and 17 total TDs in his best year. That's almost 1/3rd of Cam's total TDs in his best year. Teddy was 100% a game manager for a solid team and he had as many turnovers as TDs that year. That's not good. Also, Teddy's had 2 winning years. One where he was Trent Dilfer and one where he came in as a backup for a team that was one play from the SB the two years before. Are we ignoring how awful he looked in 2018 against us when Kyle Allen showed him up? How many QBs developed into franchise QBs after 5 years with 38 total passing TDs? Steve Young who had to sit behind Montana. Rich Gannon, who took 12 years. Who else? I've got no confidence that he'll be anything other than just OK. With our D giving up around 30 a game, he can't throw 14 TDs and expect to win. He's going to have to put up 30 or more TDs and I am not sure he can.
    • Until we decided to give up and put Grier in, we were on pace for the 16th rated offense right behind GB, Houston and Atlanta and that was with a horrific OL. We would just have to kick around 1 extra FG every other game to have been right around top 10. We still would have had a -100 point differential even with a 5-3 start. We have lost a lot of talent from last year. I like the rookies, but our D will be worse this year so a top 10 offense isn't changing much from last year and we likely won't have a hot start.
  • Masters of PIE !