Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ja  Rhule

I bet the dome is coming within 5 years...

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

The deal has been done for while with Charlotte Pipe....I bought real estate back there after hearing about it 2 months ago.  But it’s a 10 year project....lot of cleanup needed for that land.   And they will keep the current stadium as a multi use stadium and have a land bridge connecting the two stadiums. 

Where would you recommend I buy this land at again? Always looking for investment advice :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


23 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

The deal has been done for while with Charlotte Pipe....I bought real estate back there after hearing about it 2 months ago.  But it’s a 10 year project....lot of cleanup needed for that land.   And they will keep the current stadium as a multi use stadium and have a land bridge connecting the two stadiums. 

Cant see 2 stadiums. that is a waste of space. Tepper wants the area used year round and could see a complex with shop restaurants and fan experiences.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let tepper work his magic

 

 

i bet he could come up with some cool and innovative sshit

 

psy the tax

 

.10 added into my tab?? The Humanity!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Do you really want to spend $500MM on new roof for 30 year old stadium instead of building brand new stadium for $1.5B?

More like 200 million to 250 million (increased cost since 2014) with the city splitting it for their share around 100-125 million versus 750 million or 7 times that for half of a  new dome. It really isn't close.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/42996-open-stadium-super-bowl-2014.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

Charlotte Pipe and Foundry is looking for new location in South Carolina and they will put their current land up for sale.  They are down to 2 locations so their search should be coming to an end soon.  They currently own 55 acres right beside Panthers stadium (Panthers stadium sits on only 25 acres).  When land becomes available, expect Tepper to move fast.  I believe this is one of the reasons he’s rushing with MLS franchise.

 

They are actually looking at moving to an area near me in Oakboro, NC not SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they are planning to move that rail road, I don't think a new stadium fits there

image.thumb.png.c07d87bce641adbcf1a6d77102817169.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

More like 200 million to 250 million (rise since 2014) with the city splitting it for their share around 100-125 million versus 750 million or 7 times that for half of a  new dome. It really isn't close.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/42996-open-stadium-super-bowl-2014.html

Current Panthers video screens cost $250MM.  The stadium is not designed for roof so you have to drill and install new beams that will support the roof.  Then you need to install new video screens in the middle of the stadium roof as there no space...  Tepper wants retractable roof so that’s not an option... means Panthers would need to destroy thousands of end-zone seats to install new monitor and tell season ticket holders “sorry”.  Do you think Tepper is the man that will spend $500MM to cut short his own revenue flow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Negative.  Tepper wants it in uptown.  The only issue was land... now he will have almost 90 acres.

Clt City Council will assuredly screw this up...and not convinced Raleigh will come thru....I wouldn’t dismiss SC just yet

PS:  I hate domes and artificial turf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Current Panthers video screens cost $250MM.  The stadium is not designed for roof so you have to drill and install new beams that will support the roof.  Then you need to install new video screens in the middle of the stadium roof as there no space...  Tepper wants retractable roof so that’s not an option... means Panthers would need to destroy thousands of end-zone seats to install new monitor and tell season ticket holders “sorry”.  Do you think Tepper is the man that will spend $500MM to cut short his own revenue flow?

So are you in on the plans or what? Never heard this before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this team is teppers toy

 

you best believe this stadium would be state of the art

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Charlotte Pipe and Foundry is looking for new location in South Carolina and they will put their current land up for sale.  They are down to 2 locations so their search should be coming to an end soon.  They currently own 55 acres right beside Panthers stadium (Panthers stadium sits on only 25 acres).  When land becomes available, expect Tepper to move fast.  I believe this is one of the reasons he’s rushing with MLS franchise.

 

Knew about this for a few months as a family member works in the industry that helped that company. She said “apparently the panthers are interested in the land since the company is moving”

didnt want to post because I didn’t want to leak info or get her in trouble. But they’ve been looking for a few months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I thought it was common knowledge the stadium or new stadium will be built in 4-5 years. There is a reason the panthers are offering this year “4 years of no interest on PSL purchases”. They don’t want to offer a longer deal as it will be longer than the current PSL for the old stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

Do you really want to spend $500MM on new roof for 30 year old stadium instead of building brand new stadium for $1.5B?

Despite its age Panther stadium was built with two levels of suites, a lot of club seats, and more.  The main things many of the older stadiums did not have and a big reason  why  new ones were built.  There’s also plenty of room and space to add things.  It’s still a great stadium.  So yeah, in favor of spending on the current place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The City has seen the writing on the wall and there are only a few decision makers that oppose it. They know what a new stadium could bring to the city.

Not to mention hosting a SB in Charlotte that will bring people from across the country to the Carolina's. This would bring a lot of revenue for the 2 states along with more fans and tourists to the location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can always do PSLs again...ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...