Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

Rivera: "Panthers had a Vanilla gameplan on D vs Buffalo"

How about not making any excuse at all. 

I don’t give a damn about pre-season but there was a serious lack of effort from pretty much the entire team. 

Shank Butler and send a message about accountability to the entire team.  

• Pie 7

I mean the Saints are on right now looking as bad as we did. Some coaches refuse to open up the playbook in preseason. Leads to predictable offense and defense. We actually have depth and were using last game to evaluate it.

• Pie 8

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean the Saints are on right now looking as bad as we did. Some coaches refuse to open up the playbook in preseason. Leads to predictable offense and defense. We actually have depth and were using last game to evaluate it.

true 

• Beer 1

it was clear the panthers where attempting to work on things and the bills knew exactly where the weakness in the defense lay. no excuses but we had a lot of one on ones and linebackers lined up on quicker backs and receivers. i am not worried. 

The defense is the last concern I had watching that game. Kyle and Grier play was the main problem to me

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Honestly, I'd rather us come out and look flat all around than have one unit in particular play like trash. That probably just means the team as a whole was unfocused, which isn't a good look on the coaches, but it does happen from time to time.

I'd much rather it happen in week 2 of the preseason than week 2 of the regular season or postseason.

• Pie 1

Let's be real here, Luke and Shaq were sitting. How much game planning would you do with Carter and Smith and expect it to matter.  Even if you were gameplanning, losing Kuechly alone is a blow. Then when you have no starting linebackers in,  you get what happened. They gashed the linebackers all day. The safeties were playing up because there were gaps everywhere.  The line got pressure all day without really blitzing. If there weren't so many wide open guys over the middle, we might have gotten ti the QB more often. Does anyone thing that Kuechly wouldn't have shut that down 

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Let's be real here, Luke and Shaq were sitting. How much game planning would you do with Carter and Smith and expect it to matter.  Even if you were gameplanning, losing Kuechly alone is a blow. Then when you have no starting linebackers in,  you get what happened. They gashed the linebackers all day. The safeties were playing up because there were gaps everywhere.  The line got pressure all day without really blitzing. If there weren't so many wide open guys over the middle, we might have gotten ti the QB more often. Does anyone thing that Kuechly wouldn't have shut that down 

Very true.  In a real game-plan Carter would not be covering Cole Beasley 1 on 1 for 15 plays straight.  He got schooled.  

• Pie 1