Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Prime

The epic collapse of Russell Wilson

23 minutes ago, panthers34 said:

I mean you lose all credibility when you say he’s not even Dak Prescott.

I don’t think he’s elite like some but Wilson is a pretty darn good QB. His biggest downfall is how much money he demanded and how that forced the team around him to fall apart. 

That is something most quarterbacks don't consider until their third contract when they have made 100 million or more.  Someone like Brady doesn't break the bank not because he couldn't get it, but the team might not be able to sign who they want. It also gives Brady power because he can say if you don't get some damn receivers, I won't be giving you a hometown discount. But that requires you to put team above self. Which realistically happens when money isn't an issue anymore on your third contract.

Edited by panthers55
  • Beer 1

I went to NC State and loved RW the college football player but would not piss on him if his gums were on fire as an NFL player.  

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way, I think he is a good QB and is smart and makes good decisions. He had good years with a good team and gets lots of accolades as a result but not or biggest worry from a team standpoint.

And  just to be clear. Fug RW and the Seahawks. 

Edited by Pejorative Miscreant

Really don’t get all the hate for Wilson on this board.

You could pick several others in the QB game who are much more deserving of the shade.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Pete Carroll runs the team like a college team and that's why Russell (who seems to be that nerdy rah rah team rah) kind of guy does well in that system. The Legion of Boom (Like 98% of NFL players) hate the college atmosphere attitude and that is why the Legion of Boom has ceased to be. 

Russell is a good player but he does have things going for him.

One thing which we have lacked which the Seahawks have are WR's that will go and fight for footballs. Wilson doesn't have to be perfect because people like Baldwin would play like they are 6'7 and go up and catch the ball.

While he had Funchess who played like 5'5 3/4.

• Pie 1

Like I said I think Russell is good. Just very very overrated and everyone will see this season. I said he wasn't even dak Prescott entering the league lol

• Poo 1

I may hate the guy but saying Wilson isn't a good QB is just plain stupid.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

All I can picture is Tom Hanks yelling;

Wilson!!!!!!’

I'm sorry Wilson,..

I'm sorry,...

que tear jerking music 

Yeah they didn't have anything outside of RW and Wagner last year, with a lot of issues on the team and playcalling, and still made the playoffs. 

RW is an absolute weirdo loser at times, but he's one of the best in the game. 

Russell Wilson has had our number for the most part outside of 2015. I can't stand him, but he is legit.

I still stand by Cam, and it's clear Wilson has had the better overall team for most of his time in the league, but he has been one of the best non- 1st round QB picks in NFL history.

In the game last year, Cam certainly played well enough to win, even with a sore shoulder, and our secondary couldn't cover a sloth, but Wilson made some good throws to come back in the 4th.

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

That dude, his coach and his team owns the Carolina Panthers. Outside of a miracle 2015 regular season win by the panthers and a near comeback in the 2015 playoffs, they have absolutely owned our mini-rivalry. 

6-2 in Russ's favor in head-to-head games.  5 of the 8 games were played in Charlotte.  Russ is 4-1 in our stadium, 2-1 in their stadium.

Listed below are the respective QBR's (Russ on left, Cam on right) for each game, the outcome, and place played.

Cam's QBR exceeded Russ's 1 time in 8 games.  Average QBR for all games...Russ = 104.2...Cam = 81.4.

128.3....110.6  (W SEA, in CLT)

92.0....72.7  (W SEA, in SEA)

91.1....108.3  (W CAR, in CLT)

96.7....65.6  (W CAR, in SEA)

149.2....79.2  (W SEA, in SEA)

77.5....61.0  (W SEA, in CLT) 

115.7...97.2  (W SEA, in CLT)

82.3....56.8  (W SEA, in CLT)

• Pie 1

You know what I'm ready to see? A god damn Lombardi trophy won by this team. I could give two shots about other teams and other QBs. 

• Beer 2

I am far from a Wilson fan. That said, Wilson is a winner. Regardless of how he does it.  I wouldn't trade Cam for him though. 

Most agree that he'll throw the ball in a direction and his boys come down with it. Drives us all crazy but he expects his receivers to make a play and they do. Until Moore we haven't had a receiver since Smitty. 

As @panthers55 points out.  Russell Wilson biggest downfall is greed. They are paying him so much that there isn't much left for quality players to play with.

I pray Cam and his agent don't try and wreck the team to keep Cam a Panther.