Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Proudiddy

Cam's Injury: Doesn't appear to be serious

5 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I hope Cam is up and running in a few days.  I just think any pronouncement at this point is unfounded.

You were literally just saying how bad it is that he is in a walking boot 10 min ago. 

27 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

That's not what you said two hours ago, you said Cam was done for the year and that he was also getting married soon. 

Log out.

David J. Chao Retweeted Caroline Cann

Good news on #CamNewton: 1) Video of injury didn't look like much 2) Boot often precautionary 3) Flight makes compression necessary 4) No crutches, putting full weight on it 5) Only a still shot but seems to have normal stride length

• Pie 1

FYI to all the drama-mamas, all teams put on a walking boot for nearly anything. Ear rings fell out, put on the boot. Bruise form tying shoes too tight, put on the boot. Step on a sharp sunflower shell wrong, put on the boot.

You nimrods. 

Edited by Basbear

He's going to be fine, just a bit of a tweak. There was absolutely no reason to send him back out there to get killed by Belichick.

Belichick is an expert at finding a team or player's weakness and Cam's has always been that he is slow to read progressions, especially on heavy blitzes. The Pats were sending seven, sometimes eight guys to test him and he couldn't handle it. There was no way any O-line could handle that and it was a gamble that they could get to him before he could find the open receiver (there was always at least one uncovered during these). He almost beat it with the screen to CMC but it was dropped.

As soon as Cam left the game, the jailbreak blitzes were dropped and regular four and five man pressures were instituted, so this was specifically aimed at testing Cam. Letting Cam stay in the locker room was the right call and probably saved him for the season.

Hopefully Cam and the Coaching staff can take some lessons from this and put in some hot read fixes for these situations. Belichick handed us a good homework assignment, but he also handed out a blueprint on what to do to us.

• Pie 3

Now I wish we played Cam  earlier in prea season and sat him this game

• Pie 1

People here need to stop with the “you guys are terrible for over reacting” and the bossy lines telling people how/how not to react about an injury or being a fan etc. That poo is is so damn annoying to read 1000x over and over and over on here

if someone wants to freak out and wallow. Let them. It’s called fan drama. It’s half the fun anyways when people go crazy 

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, Basbear said:

FYI to all the drama-mamas, all teams put on a walking boot for nearly anything. Ear rings fell out, put on the boot. Bruise form tying shoes too tight, put on the boot. Step on a sharp sunflower shell wrong, put on the boot.

You nimrods. 

Nah, we're about to have 40 years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together,mass hysteria!

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Basbear said:

You nimrods. 

what if you step on a lego?

im in ortho this quarter and with foot fx you have to get 2 xrays a week apart because initially the bone can look fine then be broken as hell a 7 days later

just a bright little ray of sunshine for you this morning

57 minutes ago, raz said:

what if you step on a lego?

Crutches and a cast my friend, those things are deadly.

• Pie 1

Ankle sprains aren't too bad, depending on how much it was sprained. I had a bad mother effing sprain last year, took me about a month to recover from. But for Cam with his trainers, i'd say he'll be ready by week 1. May not maneuver as much but it'll probably be similar to the 2014 season when he hurt his back.