Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

If you're Tepper and Hurney, what are you doing with this backup QB situation

If you're Tepper and Hurney, what are you doing with the backup QB situation   

34 members have voted

1. 1. If you're Tepper and Hurney, what are you doing with the backup QB situation

• Staying put, hopefully one of these guys pans out this year
    • Bring in some journeyman vet out there that will get cut or traded
    • Kaepernick, he can play. We have Reid already. No issue here
    • Another young guy with some tools that the coaches can mold and compete

What are you doing

A. Keep holding hope 1 of Allen or Grier will pan out this season if something happens

B. Kaepernick.  You dont have an issue here.  The guy can play, he wont be a distraction 

C. Some vet will be available via cut or trade.  

D. Some other young guy with some tools that the coaches can work with and bring competition. 

Edited by ncfan
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

What will happen is we will sign a vet to back up Cam, Grier to 3rd string and Allen to practice squad. 

This would be the most ideal situation, imo.

Ride it out with what we have. If Cam goes down then likely we are drafting top 10 next year anyway. May as well see what we have and if not draft a new QB next year.

• Pie 1

Allow Hurney to make a move, as he wishes, and Tepper has to OK whatever he comes up with if it cost draft capital. 

• Pie 1

Yes, please. Let’s devote more resources to do what we should have this Spring. 

There are too many question marks with the team as a whole to trade anything more than a 4-5th for some help. And for that you will probably get more of what you already have.If Cam can’t go, just start the wrecking ball. 

If you want to help Cam and the QB position, trade for an elite LT that is actually available. Because we got OL issues. I know that’s not the “fun” way to look at things but the truth hurts some folks. 

Edited by Toomers
  • Beer 1

The fact after last season Tepper said we will not going into another season without a viable back up and then we went into training camp and heading into this season with with Allen, Heinicke and a 3rd round rookie shows me they plan to do nothing.  

It doesn't make any sense to try to salvage the season if Cam goes down or just hasn't got it any more.  You play the youngsters and find out if you have anything there with real bullets flying.  If you find something, great, maybe you're still competitive.  If you don't find anything, you know what you have, and you have a top 10 pick to leverage toward getting a franchise QB.

Let's face it, Cam has a $21 million cap hit next year, but only 2 million is dead.  He's easy to cut if he shows he doesn't have it, which gives you all sorts of options next spring.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

What will happen is we will sign a vet to back up Cam, Grier to 3rd string and Allen to practice squad. 

This is what I think will happen.