Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

beastson

After 4 Pre-Season Games Taylor Heinicke

Recommended Posts



Heineke was Ron's guy for long time until Allen proved he was better when games actually mattered against real competition. How easily people forget and try to pretend they know more than NFL coaches

  • Pie 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Heineke was Ron's guy for long time until Allen proved he was better when games actually mattered against real competition. How easily people forget and try to pretend they know more than NFL coaches

People on here acting like they know more about football than Rivera are like people who would claim to know more about financial investments and markets than Tepper.

Rivera is not perfect, but he wouldn't be coaching in his 9th season, take a team to a SB, win 3 consecutive division titles, and win Coach of the Year, all while competing against teams with elite QBs like Brees and Ryan if he wasnt competent at his job.

I honestly believe Rivera will be let go if we dont make the playoffs this year (although he will probably be quickly hired by another team).

If that's what happens, I'll support it.

But I damn sure hope we make the playoffs and compete for the SB this year.

I will never understand the mindset of hoping your team fails just to justify your opinion of the coach

 

  • Pie 5
  • Beer 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because as you know the 4th preseason game is where you get your best look at talent.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rags said:

Because as you know the 4th preseason game is where you get your best look at talent.

And, really, it's only the 4th qtr of that 4th preseason game where talent can truly be evaluated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's face it, Heinicke outplayed both Allen and Grier, but the writing is on the wall. I hope he gets picked up by some team, the kid has something to offer.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Heineke was Ron's guy for long time until Allen proved he was better when games actually mattered against real competition. How easily people forget and try to pretend they know more than NFL coaches

It’s amazing to me that people really read into preseason stats. If guys are going against starters or even the top backups then comparing them to guys going against players that will be cut is silly. Look at the drop off of our D when Shaq and Luke were out. Them imagine the drop off to the backups of the backups. All I know is in the last two real games against starting Ds, Allen looked way better than Heinicke. It was so obvious. I’m not saying Heinicke can’t develop into a backup but this is his 5th year in the NFL so he should look good against cut guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Let's face it, Heinicke outplayed both Allen and Grier, but the writing is on the wall. I hope he gets picked up by some team, the kid has something to offer.

Not being able to finish a full NFL game last season doomed Heinecke. Through no fault of his own I’d add, the Panthers expect their starting QB to endure 1-2 concussions per game

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Heineke was Ron's guy for long time until Allen proved he was better when games actually mattered against real competition. How easily people forget and try to pretend they know more than NFL coaches

Exactly.  It was people here wanting Allen ahead of Heineke as a matter of fact.  Now suddenly Heineke is better again because he's tearing up 4th stringers.

FWIW I don't really have an opinion on who is better, but I think the difference is so negligible that it doesn't make sense to argue over it.  They both aren't good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mage said:

Exactly.  It was people here wanting Allen ahead of Heineke as a matter of fact.  Now suddenly Heineke is better again because he's tearing up 4th stringers.

FWIW I don't really have an opinion on who is better, but I think the difference is so negligible that it doesn't make sense to argue over it.  They both aren't good.

Daeshon Hall has the same number of sacks in the preseason as Brian Burns. Seems like we wasted pick 16. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...