Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jens

Season over after 2 games ?

2 hours ago, Jens said:

I think we have overlooked the O-line for to many years, you are right about that. We need to get our line in good shape. Imagine what CMC and Samuel could do if the line gave them more time.

Overlooked? Big $$ FA, multiple 2nd rounders and a third. If that’s overlooking then all teams are guilty of it.

Not over, but, its certainly teetering on the edge of the cliff.  Both games were winnable though, even with us looking as bad as we did, so I'm still holding onto a sliver of hope that we get things turned around.

2 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

We need to root for New Orleans to lose. Being 2 back after 2 games isn't good.

They have a QB that wins games

8 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Overlooked? Big $$ FA, multiple 2nd rounders and a third. If that’s overlooking then all teams are guilty of it.

I wouldn't say we've overlooked it, but as currently constituted it doesn't look very good.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't say we've overlooked it, but as currently constituted it doesn't look very good.

O line takes the longest to gel, anyone with half a brain knows that. Other than LG, the line has lots of talent.

37 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

It's NOT over until we say it is.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

O line takes the longest to gel, anyone with half a brain knows that. Other than LG, the line has lots of talent.

That doesn't stop you from evaluating individual performances though.

I'd feel a lot better about our potential "gelling" if our tackles were flip-flopped. Even more so if it didn't look like the "concerns" our new center's previous employer had weren't starting to look like they might be justified.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That doesn't stop you from evaluating individual performances though.

I'd feel a lot better about our potential "gelling" if our tackles were flip-flopped. Even more so if it didn't look like the "concerns" our new center's previous employer had weren't starting to look like they might be justified.

Agree about the tackles, MP needs to improve. Can’t he be rusty too? 

My optimism has severely decreased to lowest it has ever been. It wasn't even this low in 2015. I guess maybe because I had gotten myself so pumped up for this season. Even-though I was seriously disappointed during preseason. I know that teams don't run their regular plays but at least the 3rd preseason game in a dress rehearsal for the starters, so we should see some positives...I saw none, except Sly.

Our coaching staff constantly fails to adapt to situations during the game. If it ain't working, fix it! Don't wait till after the game to say what we need to do, do it during the game. With the extra talent added this year yielding the current results, 1. I'd make a complete coaching after this season.   2. I'd limit Cam's games at some point in the season and decide if Allen or Greir is going to be my back up QB.  3. I'd start looking for a starting QB now!

32 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Agree about the tackles, MP needs to improve. Can’t he be rusty too? 

I actually hope so.

It's been said elsewhere, but we went into this season depending on more than one guy who was returning from injury or a down season to man important positions.

Have to hope that wasn't a mistake.

The main reason the season seems over is because we know Rons going to ride with Cam until we’ve lost about six in a row I’m willing to bet. He’s always been slow to adjustments we’ll change the RT/LT and QB probably game five he’ll make a nice run and probably retain his job based off his finish. We’re done because we our QB is having QB problems but Ron and Marty did nothing to prepare now are scared to turn to our backups because they are less then average why doesn’t Ron/Marty understand we needed good depth behind a injured player. We’re done because of our predictability being we lined up for our final play they call a second timeout illegally, after the timeout we line up with the exact same play sheeesh if that wasn’t lack of deception we might as well give em the playbook I’m a dam homer and I can see it’s over only because we’re going to trot out Cam who can’t do it right now maybe in the near future maybe after a year of resting I don’t know but I can’t act like I haven’t seen him just flat out not be able to put the ball where it needs to be and that’s the difference week in and week out.