Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheMaulClaw

A healthy Cam or CMC who do you resign?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Jake also didn't have defensive players targeting his head on dirty and late hits with a ref team that was letting it happen because they were fans of the other team.

He also had Steve Smith and MM to throw to as well as prime Peppers among others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just by reading some of the recent comments, I can see this thread has gotten a bit off topic (like any other thread that mentions Cam).

I think the obvious play here would be to extend CMC.  Cam is up there in age and CMC is just getting started.

Also, just my opinion, I don't think CMC is going to be the contract headache so many are predicting.  Definitely not a Zeke/LBell scenario.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Varking said:

He also had Steve Smith and MM to throw to as well as prime Peppers among others. 

uh, didn't we have kris jenkins too.  we got nobody that compares to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rayzor said:

Jake also didn't have defensive players targeting his head on dirty and late hits with a ref team that was letting it happen because they were fans of the other team.

We got robbed in both. NE had spygate going. Knew our plays.

Cam had bad refs. The point is...each team got too a SB...in a different way.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Varking said:

This has been my issue with this thread as it has gone on. Everyone wants the answer to be CMC and I understand why but they continue to move the goalposts of this to try and skew it in CMCs favor and ignore the facts of the situations. And I am not singling anyone out. Its all over this thread. 

There isnt moving goal posts. A poster said that you resign Cam because a QB gets us to the SB. I pointed out we also got to the SB with Jake...an undrafted player. Meaning there is more then one way to get there. Insanity ensued.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMaulClaw said:

There isnt moving goal posts. A poster said that you resign Cam because a QB gets us to the SB. I pointed out we also got to the SB with Jake...an undrafted player. Meaning there is more then one way to get there. Insanity ensued.

No insanity. I pointed out you were wrong in claiming that Jake and Cam have achieved the same amount of success and I pointed out that despite one person winning an award in the NFL it requires those around him to help and you ignored all of it and went with a “but but but check out this thing over here!” type of response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Varking said:

No insanity. I pointed out you were wrong in claiming that Jake and Cam have achieved the same amount of success and I pointed out that despite one person winning an award in the NFL it requires those around him to help and you ignored all of it and went with a “but but but check out this thing over here!” type of response. 

Jakes teams had more success than Cams teams have had

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Jakes teams had more success than Cams teams have had

15-1? Back to back division titles? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Varking said:

15-1? Back to back division titles? 

Check their playoff appearances and records

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

How can you say that? 2015 Panthers went 15-1. 2003 Panthers 11-5. 

 

That’s irrelevant to the match up. 2003 had prime Steve Smith, Moose, Kris Jenkins, Peppers, Rucker in his prime, Stephen Davis in his prime, fresh Deshaun Foster, Dan Morgan, Will Witherspoon, Mike Minter, Deon Grant, all at their peak with a roided offensive line. 

It just goes to show how much Cam was able to elevate the team in 2015. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

That’s irrelevant to the match up. 2003 had prime Steve Smith, Moose, Kris Jenkins, Peppers, Rucker in his prime, Stephen Davis in his prime, fresh Deshaun Foster, Dan Morgan, Will Witherspoon, Mike Minter, Deon Grant, all at their peak with a roided offensive line. 

It just goes to show how much Cam was able to elevate the team in 2015. 

I wouldn’t call Olson, Stewart, Kalil, TD, kk, Charles Johnson , Josh, or Luke slouches

and playoff records are absolutely relevant

Edited by bull123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bull123 said:

I wouldn’t call Olson, Stewart, Kalil, TD, kk, Charles Johnson , Josh, or Luke slouches

and playoff records are absolutely relevant

They aren’t slouches but Olsen, Josh, and maybe Luke are the only other advantages.

If I recall Jakes teams only went to the playoffs 03,05, and 08. 

Cams teams went 13,14,15,17. And in between those years the losing teams of Ron and Cam have always been more competitive than any  of John Fox’s losing squads aside from his 04 team which I’ll say could have been a contender if they could have made the playoffs but they lost the last game of that season.

Cams a better QB than Jake. Delhomme had a moxy and had a zip to make throws he had no business making. But once he got hurt he had grown complacent in his game because he always relied on Steve. He was his absolute best when he had spread the ball around in 2004 when Smith was on IR.

Theyre both gunslinger QBs but Cams is much more gifted and his accomplishments in 2015 trump anything Jake did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

They aren’t slouches but Olsen, Josh, and maybe Luke are the only other advantages.

If I recall Jakes teams only went to the playoffs 03,05, and 08. 

Cams teams went 13,14,15,17. And in between those years the losing teams of Ron and Cam have always been more competitive than any  of John Fox’s losing squads aside from his 04 team which I’ll say could have been a contender if they could have made the playoffs but they lost the last game of that season.

Cams a better QB than Jake. Delhomme had a moxy and had a zip to make throws he had no business making. But once he got hurt he had grown complacent in his game because he always relied on Steve. He was his absolute best when he had spread the ball around in 2004 when Smith was on IR.

Theyre both gunslinger QBs but Cams is much more gifted and his accomplishments in 2015 trump anything Jake did.

Good points

but what are their w-l playoff records?

jake was a big game QB...until his meltdown against the cards, which was the worst playoff loss we ever had

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Varking said:

No insanity. I pointed out you were wrong in claiming that Jake and Cam have achieved the same amount of success...

Thing is @TheMaulClaw wasn't wrong, he was right.  Well, he may have been slightly wrong...

...Cam & Jake produced the same number of winning seasons, three (3).  However, Jake did so in 6-seasons while it took Cam 8-seasons.  Both players took the team to a Super Bowl, and both lost. 

In terms of the playoffs, Jake was 5-3 in eight games (remember, 6 seasons)....while Cam is 3-4, in eight (8) seasons.

No opinion there, nothing but the facts ma'am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...