Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saca312

pff liking greg little a lot

found this interesting databite off billy's twitter. 

focusing more on pressure stat over subjective grade. for a rookie, not allowing a single pressure on his debut is amazing.

at the minimum definitely an upgrade over Daryl at LT.

EDIT: I'm all for bashing PFF but their pressure assessment is largely reasonable. In this instance, they acknowledged the schematic aspect of Greg Little's job, which was to flush Mercilus outside while Allen's role should've been to step up and throw in the pocket.

Allen did not step up. In fact, he hardly showed much pocket presence.

Can't hardly blame the o-line, and when Little got "beat," such should've been prevented by Allen feeling that pressure and stepping up to throw. 

How do they measure pressures?  I'm like 100% positive Mercilus beat him once. 

He played a good game nonetheless, just skeptical about the 0 pressures.  PFF has always been weird about how they measure that.

0 pressures against that defensive front? Good lawd.

The problems were on the right side of the line. They missed Trai Turner big time.

Wasn't he covering Mercilus on the second fumble?

Either way, thought he did a stellar job.

1 minute ago, Skack25 said:

Wasn't he covering Mercilus on the second fumble?

Either way, thought he did a stellar job.

Yea but i think he blocked him long enough or something else happened maybe.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Of course he should be the starter. 

Of course they will bench him. 

source-76d976f30dbd55eab.gif

I think the play he got beat was a designed quick 3 step drop and Kyle Allen didn't throw it and started drifting back and to his right directly into the DE whom Little pushed out and around, thinking the QB would step up to throw. 

12 minutes ago, Mage said:

How do they measure pressures?  I'm like 100% positive Mercilus beat him once. 

He played a good game nonetheless, just skeptical about the 0 pressures.  PFF has always been weird about how they measure that.

More than once...

While I too am skeptical of the zero pressures stat, his performance passed the eyeball test.  For a rookie LT, going against THAT defense, this was a very encouraging start.  No, he didn't look great in preseason, but if he continues to make progress, we may just have found a LT.  That is no small thing.

I kept telling this guy on here yesterday that Greg little will be a stud . He moves like a tight end . I’m not ready to crown him but he the best LT we have had since Gross . I love the way he move very athletic