Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Person: Possible "Tug of War" coming

18 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

That is assuming that Grier progresses enough to be a potential starter.  That is assuming a lot from what we saw in pre season Grier.

How many times do we have to go through this . . . determining a rookie's fate based on a couple preseason games is completely ridiculous.  See any Greg Little post from this summer as one of the many many many examples.  

Edited by jtm

People are blaming Rivera but what if it's Tepper. He's all about winning and Cam could be damaged goods. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Unless teams think you're just going to cut him anyway.

Mind you, I'm not buying into cut or trade scenarios. The only serious possibility I see for Newton not being a Panther next year is retirement.

But I do acknowledge there's a lot that can happen.

There is zero chance and other team thinks that we’re going to release him. None.

1 hour ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I think it is another one you haven’t mentioned.  Norv. 
Garcia was talking the other day on how fluid the offense is being run under Allen. How consistency is so important to OC.  
In Norv’s system when the QB hits his drop the ball should be coming out. (And yes I know the split times of their releases.) 
My gut tells me Norv is very content while maybe RR or Hurney wants to go back to Cam. 
Either way the SF game could give us a good indication what that direction could be. 

I think Norv and Ron are 100% on the same page.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

I thought I read someplace that we could save several million dollars by releasing him.

We save it by trading him too while getting a lot of value back. If we’re going to get rid of him it will be by trade not release. You don’t release a former MVP QB who has shown as recently as last season that he can still play at a high level. It was reported that at least 10 teams had interest in trading for him, that is a lot of offers one upping each other probably resulting in at least a first maybe more.

3 hours ago, KaseKlosed said:

Ron had to warm up to Cam. Lord knows he probably wanted marcell Darius or von or Patrick Peterson instead  

Cam is the reason Ron still has a whistle. 

tug of war is really unsafe...not only do you get rope burns on your hands, you can really pull something out of joint. Hopefully cam doesn't aggravate his Lisa Frank injury again when he's tugging!

2 hours ago, ARSEN said:

There is no guarantee his shoulder will ever heal.  

I’ve said that from day one. It’s never going to be close to 100%.  He injured it and should have sat at that very moment. Playing further into the season with a damaged shoulder just made it less and less likely it would ever be the same.  The wear and tear is much greater than they are letting on. 

40 minutes ago, Snake said:

People are blaming Rivera but what if it's Tepper. He's all about winning and Cam could be damaged goods. 

Funny you posted this. I was thinking the same thing a few days ago, but stopped short of posting figuring I’d get hammered for it.  

2 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Funny you posted this. I was thinking the same thing a few days ago, but stopped short of posting figuring I’d get hammered for it.  

Sometimes the truth has consequences... 

• Beer 1

Ron Rivera's primary consideration is to do whatever he thinks is best to ensure the Panthers keep on winning.

That best ensures Ron remains the Panthers HC.

Sparing someone's feelings, be that Cam's or Kyle's, falls way down the list of considerations.

The feelings of Cam's and Kyle's fans, not even a consideration.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

41 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I’ve said that from day one. It’s never going to be close to 100%.  He injured it and should have sat at that very moment. Playing further into the season with a damaged shoulder just made it less and less likely it would ever be the same.  The wear and tear is much greater than they are letting on. 

Andrew Luck agrees.

• Beer 1

The majority of the posts in this thread...

Yikes

Some of you are pretty damn clueless for people who follow this team 24/7

4 hours ago, GreensboroPirate said:

The tug of war is between Hurney and Rivera

Hurney has always liked Cam Newton, he took a big risk drafting him at #1 and feels an attachment to his draft pick

Ron Rivera has always been an anti-cam guy, "I'd have taken a shot"/benched him for not wearing a tie

nope...will be between Cam & Coach/GM....he is gonna want to be on the field ASAP

6 hours ago, t96 said:

Definitely interesting. Tug of war possibilities:

1. Cam and his people vs. the coaching staff (if Cam thinks he’s back to 100% and Ron wants to drag it out to avoid the tough decision and keep playing Kyle)

2. Tepper vs. coaching staff (Ron wants to go back to Cam, Tepper wants to see what he has for the future and doesn’t trust Cam’s health)

3. (unlikely) Hurney vs. Ron (could be possible as someone else suggested that Hurney wants Cam and Ron wants Allen but I don’t think that Hurney has any real say in the matter so this is unlikely and Ron would go with who he wants)

4. Kyle vs. Cam (meaning by their play on the field, or the risk/reward between them. If Cam starts practicing and is “100%” but doesn’t look amazing in practice while Kyle keeps up has play, that’s a lot different than Cam coming into practice dropping dimes)

I think the most likely is number 1 to be honest.

You know, I hadn't thought of this till now, but something to think about with regard to Option 1.

The Panthers have been extremely tight-lipped about the situation, with Rivera giving what's some have been calling "scripted answers". 

Within those answers, there's a lot of talk about "patience" and "not rushing", which fits into the beat reporters' belief that the Panthers will "slow play" this.

Then on the flipside, you have the tweet from Schefter about Newton being ready to go. That was attributed to "a league source", which nine times out of ten equates to somebody's agent.

And now Person alludes to a possible tug of war.

Okay :thinking:

Don't know if it means anything, but it does fall under the category of "things that make you go hmmm".

Edited by Mr. Scot