Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Morgan

Tuesday practice: welcome back Trai...and Shaq.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't either, but I'll admit that back during the Kalil days you probably could have found people that wanted Greg Olsen to play left tackle.

Mr. Scot, I would’ve sacrificed my body to play LT during those days if I got what Matt Khalil was getting.  I wouldn’t have been good.  But I would’ve put the effort in... which is unfortunately more than I can say for Matt on many occasions 

edit: I used to be a guy who kept asking myself “how does everyone keep misspelling “Kalil”?  Then I just got autocorrected.  Joke’s on me 

3 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Mr. Scot, I would’ve sacrificed my body to play LT during those days if I got what Matt Khalil was getting.  I wouldn’t have been good.  But I would’ve put the effort in... which is unfortunately more than I can say for Matt on many occasions 

Understood.

As to Kalil, I wouldn't say he "sacrificed" his body, but he certainly trusted it a lot more than he should have.

Unfortunately, so did we.

Based on his rookie year, I believe he could have been good, but he got derailed by injuries he just never recovered from.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Little had a concussion. He wasn't an option.

Care to share what you said about Greg Little all offseason?  Also share with us your love for Dennis Daley.

Hindsight makes it easy but you bashed Little him from the get go. 

Just now, Krovvy said:

Braxton Miller? What?

Signed him to the PS

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Understood.

As to Kalil, I wouldn't say he "sacrificed" his body, but he certainly trusted it a lot more than he should have.

Unfortunately, so did we.

Based on his rookie year, I believe he could have been good, but he got derailed by injuries he just never recovered from.

Agreed.  He actually was pretty decent his rookie year from my understanding.  But... yeah.  We saw what he became and I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about Speedbump Matt

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Little had a concussion. He wasn't an option.

Care to share what you said about Greg Little all offseason?  Also share with us your love for Dennis Daley.

Hindsight makes it easy but you bashed Little him from the get go. 

I didn't want Little. I have no problem rehashing my opinions even when it looks like I'm wrong. Hell, I'm happy to be wrong if it works out to the Panthers' benefit.

LOL @ you always looking for a verbal fight. Calm down.

18 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think you forget that people wanted the same from Williams before Moton was on the team.

No.

No they didn't.

Stop trying to force a narrative pls.

36 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Nobody thought it was a bad idea until it proved to be a bad idea.

Not true. A lot of people don't even think he's a particularly good RT.

There are topics here with page after page  of people salivating over him potentially playing LT before he had played a single NFL snap. Then he went to become an All Pro RT.  Then the coaching staff gets bashed because he had to fill in when the guy they now want (after bashing him and the pick at every opportunity) had a concussion.

The Huddle is devoid of logic and perspective.

Just now, Moo Daeng said:

There are topics here with page after page  of people salivating over him potentially playing LT before he had played a single NFL snap. Then he went to become an All Pro RT.  Then the coaching staff gets bashed because he had to fill in when the guy they now want (after bashing him and the pick at every opportunity) had a concussion.

The Huddle is devoid of logic and perspective.

Link them up. I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, just that I don't recall this widespread outcry for DW at LT.

I linked a comment I'd made before the season regarding my opinion of DW at LT and then you tried to move the goalposts.

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I still can't believe we thought Darryl Williams could start at left tackle.

I questioned that last year but seeing is believing. 

I'm guessing Shaq is out for personal reasons?