Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

13 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Said when we signed Trai and let Norwell walk, as well as signing KK and letting Star walk....are we signing the right players?

KK is making over $20M next year and will be 31.  Good chance he’ll get cut.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I didn't like letting Star go.   Said it back then, he was the better overall DT of the two.   One stopped the run, one pass rushed.  Obviously, they both did both but overall that was their function. 

Goes back to the Panthers drafting to do X....and then failing to do it.  I mean, you drafted Butler so you had to ability to part with KK if needed, not Star.  Then you part w/ Star because Butler wasn't what you thought.  Never made sense. 

We were a top 5 rush D the last 3 seasons before Star left and now can't stop anyone.  Yeah, it is a passing league but it also a CMC, Kamara, Cook, Jones, etc dynamic rush attack league too.

KK had a huge season, and got paid off of it, just wasn't sure it was the right move then.

Interior pressure from DT's is very valuable, especially in a division with as many good QB's as we have, but Star made that easier on KK with us putting teams in bad down and distance by them not being able to run the ball.

Star was great, and seemingly every defense he plays on is legit.

5 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

KK is making over $20M next year and will be 31.  Good chance he’ll get cut.

Hurney gonna Hurney.

kicking money was dumber than poo on that contract.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BlazeCarolina said:

Did everyone forget the narrative that Star didn't want to be here?

Completely made up.  People thought he wanted to be back out West.

Just now, thefuzz said:

Completely made up.  People thought he wanted to be back out West.

Had a lot of traction.  I feel like it had to have some truth to it.  Rumors usually don't make it that far if they are completely made up.

If it is made up, that is pretty bad.  That was my reasoning for being ok with him hitting the road.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

panthers would have needed jesus christ himself yesterday to make a difference

Even Jesus would've been crucified for a second time yesterday.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, BlazeCarolina said:

Had a lot of traction.  I feel like it had to have some truth to it.  Rumors usually don't make it that far if they are completely made up.

If it is made up, that is pretty bad.  That was my reasoning for being ok with him hitting the road.

Around here rumors tend to take on the identity of truths sometimes.

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

panthers would have needed jesus christ himself yesterday to make a difference

I was on a conference call when I read this and almost burst out laughing and ruined the call lol

1 hour ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Even Jesus would've been crucified for a second time yesterday.

Nick “Judas” Bosa would’ve ensured it.  We got pummeled 

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Star Lotulelei. 

Should of kept that man. He didn't make the sexy fun sack plays like KK.  He had a different job/role.  Star was the most underrated player we had over the last decade.  

Run D fell off the map when he left.

Don't remind me. Star is a big reason why that Bills Defense on another level. KK earned his contract but has been non-existent ever since he signed the dotted line.

I still reminisce on the explosive impact Star made in his rookie debut against the Seahawks.

tumblr_inline_o1ji8tOH541qd2dks_500.gif

• Beer 1

I remember Gman saying that Star was the one empowering KK to make all his plays. It's harder to catch just watching the game, but it makes sense.

I remember most of the board thinking we got a better DT in Poe than Star, and that the Bills overpaid Star.

Beane was the one that signed Star to that massive contract - a Gman disciple. He knew, and so did McDermott. Makes a lot more sense in hindsight. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Roebling said:

I remember Gman saying that Star was the one empowering KK to make all his plays. It's harder to catch just watching the game, but it makes sense.

I remember most of the board thinking we got a better DT in Poe than Star, and that the Bills overpaid Star.

Beane was the one that signed Star to that massive contract - a Gman disciple. He knew, and so did McDermott. Makes a lot more sense in hindsight. 

that was all mcdermott....our def hasnt been the same since he left

8 hours ago, PandaMan said:

Nick “Judas” Bosa would’ve ensured it.  We got pummeled 

How could we NOT have predicted that Bosa would have had the best game of his whole football life against our OL? We should have seen this coming from 2 weeks away. This rookie damn near got an automatic bid into the HOF after his performance yesterday. Good grief, how do the Panthers allow certain player to have such career games? Remember when Julio Jones had 300 yards receiving against us in 2016? (yes, in ONE game!)

Edited by Dragoon11
  • Pie 1