Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Khyber53

Different year, same old Huddle suck

Recommended Posts



Keep shoving that head deeper in the sand, avoiding real thoughts and real emotions that really exist in the real world, brah.

  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Keep shoving that head deeper in the sand, avoiding real thoughts and real emotions that really exist in the real world, brah.

While I enjoy a good political discussion as much as the next guy, and the real world does have very real issues, many, many people come to sports precisely to get away from all of that and relax, and doing so is perfectly valid and not putting their head in the sand. It's decompression. Also since you're mentioning "real" emotions, are you suggesting that we shouldn't be thrilled to be 5-1 with a backup qb, or that feeling is somehow not valid?

Your post seems to imply that Kyber is wrong to want to celebrate some very unexpectedly good results after a scary start to the season, and that if he doesn't constantly focus on real world "issues" he's somehow doing it wrong on a sports message board. Am I being unfair or misreading you somehow in this, because that is how your post comes across.

  • Pie 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Your post seems to imply that Kyber is wrong to want to celebrate some very unexpectedly good results after a scary start to the season, and that if he doesn't constantly focus on real world "issues" he's somehow doing it wrong on a sports message board. Am I being unfair or misreading you somehow in this, because that is how your post comes across.

Unfair? Nope. No reasonable response is unfair. And your response is reasonable.

But wrong? Yes, your opinion as to something I may have been implying is 100% wrong.  All I was doing was pointing out the elephant in the room.

And that elephant is how Cam Newton has been mistreated and disrespected by a large part of this fanbase since the day he was drafted. 

And WHY.

THAT is the elephant in the room.

Now is Khyber a member of that large part of the Carolina fanbase I just mentioned?  No, I don’t think he is.

Has Khyber been sitting right next to that elephant since 2011 pretending that it isn’t there? That it doesn’t exist? And that it isn’t there to this very day?  Yes... yes, he has.

The only way you can remove this particular real world “issue” from any conversation even tangentially related to Cam Newton is if you want a DISHONEST discussion. 

  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Unfair? Nope. No reasonable response is unfair. And your response is reasonable.

But wrong? Yes, your opinion as to something I may have been implying is 100% wrong.  All I was doing was pointing out the elephant in the room.

And that elephant is how Cam Newton has been mistreated and disrespected by a large part of this fanbase since the day he was drafted. 

And WHY.

THAT is the elephant in the room.

Now is Khyber a member of that large part of the Carolina fanbase I just mentioned?  No, I don’t think he is.

Has Khyber been sitting right next to that elephant since 2011 pretending that it isn’t there? That it doesn’t exist? And that it isn’t there to this very day?  Yes... yes, he has.

The only way you can remove this particular real world “issue” from any conversation even tangentially related to Cam Newton is if you want a DISHONEST discussion. 

I disagree.

I think you can talk about performance on the field and not drag real world politics into it. Some people WANT to drag real world politics into it, and I've noticed that many of them are keen to INSIST those things must be a part of any discussion, but I don't agree that they have to be, and I don't agree that not wanting to entangle real world political aspects into celebrating your team's unexpectedly good performance with a backup qb is inherently dishonest.

I think it's perfectly reasonable not to want to deal with real, difficult, thorny problems that impact our society every day in every conversation you have, especially about things that are supposed to be your leisure time enjoyment. If you enjoyed flying drones for example, it wouldn't be reasonable of me to insist that every time we talk about drones, part of the conversation MUST include discussion of the living conditions of factory workers in third world countries where they are made. Our conversation COULD include those things, but demanding and insisting that it MUST every single time it comes up is being didactic, unrealistic and unfair imo.

  • Pie 5
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't speak for anybody else, but for me the thing is that I don't trust our leadership.

Am I happy that we'll winning? Obviously. I'm also surprised.

No way would I ever cheer for the team to lose, but I don't trust Ron and Marty to make us contenders long term. Thus, good things this season could lead to bad things in future seasons.

It's a dilemma, and a tricky one.

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Unfair? Nope. No reasonable response is unfair. And your response is reasonable.

But wrong? Yes, your opinion as to something I may have been implying is 100% wrong.  All I was doing was pointing out the elephant in the room.

And that elephant is how Cam Newton has been mistreated and disrespected by a large part of this fanbase since the day he was drafted. 

And WHY.

THAT is the elephant in the room.

Now is Khyber a member of that large part of the Carolina fanbase I just mentioned?  No, I don’t think he is.

Has Khyber been sitting right next to that elephant since 2011 pretending that it isn’t there? That it doesn’t exist? And that it isn’t there to this very day?  Yes... yes, he has.

The only way you can remove this particular real world “issue” from any conversation even tangentially related to Cam Newton is if you want a DISHONEST discussion. 

Dude, you don't know me. You only know your same old, tired storyline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't speak for anybody else, but for me the thing is that I don't trust our leadership.

Am I happy that we'll winning? Obviously. I'm also surprised.

No way would I ever cheer for the team to lose, but I don't trust Ron and Marty to make us contenders long term. Thus, good things this season could lead to bad things in future seasons.

It's a dilemma, and a tricky one.

Well said. I would like to add that I dont want a new QB under their care.

  • Pie 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Waldo said:

Well said. I would like to add that I dont want a new QB under their care.

I'd agree with that.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Unfair? Nope. No reasonable response is unfair. And your response is reasonable.

But wrong? Yes, your opinion as to something I may have been implying is 100% wrong.  All I was doing was pointing out the elephant in the room.

And that elephant is how Cam Newton has been mistreated and disrespected by a large part of this fanbase since the day he was drafted. 

And WHY.

THAT is the elephant in the room.

Now is Khyber a member of that large part of the Carolina fanbase I just mentioned?  No, I don’t think he is.

Has Khyber been sitting right next to that elephant since 2011 pretending that it isn’t there? That it doesn’t exist? And that it isn’t there to this very day?  Yes... yes, he has.

The only way you can remove this particular real world “issue” from any conversation even tangentially related to Cam Newton is if you want a DISHONEST discussion. 

I have nothing against Cam but this league is what have u done for me lately. If u ain't winning and not getting the job done it's time to go. Everyone can keep saying they want Cam back but I seen how is was on the field the first two weeks and last year. He is done with football and his head is not in it anymore.

  • Poo 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week it was : SF game was like Pitt last year, we are going to tank hard.  Except everything is back to normal. 

No one knows what will happen in the future, just enjoy good football. We are a solid team.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Rivera coaching "lights out" is all I need to hear.

You should keep listening, you could learn something. 

Winning five out of six is bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...