Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Recommended Posts



Totally agreed...never seen a Rivera defense get torched on the ground the way this one has...losing kk has hurt us, and Poe looks like trash

paradis is just killing us...and Williams has been even worse, we were counting on him and he is playing behind a late round rookie

john fox used to say nobody is coming to rescue us, so we have no alternative but to figure it out

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, the game is won or lost in the trenches. Right now we are getting the crap kicked out of us in that aspect. I swear towards the end of the game there was pressure around the tackles every single snap. It was ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's pretty safe to say that the hybrid or whatever you want to call it defensive scheme is just not working.

Also fairly safe to say that Darryl Williams is just not working. Paradis might be better than Williams but he's basically still not that good. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You say fix OL and DL but a lot of the team cap is invested there already. We couldn't have a more expensive DL than McCoy, Short, Poe, Butler.

Our #1 pick went on Burns to go with Addison and we picked up Irvin as well.

On OL Paradis was a big ticket FA Turner has a high cap hit and they drafted 2 tackles.

When all is said and done it's not throwing money at the lines that matters for me it's getting good value out of the expensive pieces. Considering investment both units are hugely underproducing. I put that on GM, coaches and players.

My solution is to move the guys who are going through the motions. I would let Poe and McCoy go. I prefer McCoy to Short but we can't get out of his contract next year. Let Williams and Van Roten walk. I would trade Turner and draft a guard. Move Daley inside. Paradis will be here another year unfortunately. Then I would get a new coaching staff and end the comfortable favorites game which RR loves to play.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 8:21 AM, Catsmiaow said:

You say fix OL and DL but a lot of the team cap is invested there already. We couldn't have a more expensive DL than McCoy, Short, Poe, Butler.

Our #1 pick went on Burns to go with Addison and we picked up Irvin as well.

On OL Paradis was a big ticket FA Turner has a high cap hit and they drafted 2 tackles.

When all is said and done it's not throwing money at the lines that matters for me it's getting good value out of the expensive pieces. Considering investment both units are hugely underproducing. I put that on GM, coaches and players.

My solution is to move the guys who are going through the motions. I would let Poe and McCoy go. I prefer McCoy to Short but we can't get out of his contract next year. Let Williams and Van Roten walk. I would trade Turner and draft a guard. Move Daley inside. Paradis will be here another year unfortunately. Then I would get a new coaching staff and end the comfortable favorites game which RR loves to play.

This is the only thing I'd take issue with as McCoy has proven to be a leader on a very inconsistent DL. Short gets a reprieve due to injury although I wouldn't be opposed to the team exploring trade options in the offseason. Everyone else with the exception of the rookies are expendable. And I'm all for a complete overhaul of the interior OL and coaching staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed! Watching the Seahawks dope OL and how they have prioritized protecting their franchise QB makes me ashamed of this current organizations priorities over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 8:21 AM, Catsmiaow said:

You say fix OL and DL but a lot of the team cap is invested there already. We couldn't have a more expensive DL than McCoy, Short, Poe, Butler.

Our #1 pick went on Burns to go with Addison and we picked up Irvin as well.

On OL Paradis was a big ticket FA Turner has a high cap hit and they drafted 2 tackles.

When all is said and done it's not throwing money at the lines that matters for me it's getting good value out of the expensive pieces. Considering investment both units are hugely underproducing. I put that on GM, coaches and players.

My solution is to move the guys who are going through the motions. I would let Poe and McCoy go. I prefer McCoy to Short but we can't get out of his contract next year. Let Williams and Van Roten walk. I would trade Turner and draft a guard. Move Daley inside. Paradis will be here another year unfortunately. Then I would get a new coaching staff and end the comfortable favorites game which RR loves to play.

My solution on the defensive side would be the following.  If you are going to implement a 3/4, then hire a defensive coordinator that specializes in the 3/4 defense.   

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

My solution on the defensive side would be the following.  If you are going to implement a 3/4, then hire a defensive coordinator that specializes in the 3/4 defense.   

Technically, we have a head coach that specializes in the 3-4 defense..

The D he ran in San Diego was number one in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Technically, we have a head coach that specializes in the 3-4 defense..

The D he ran in San Diego was number one in the league.

That was a long time ago in football years.  And he shouldn't have to do the defensive coordinator's job.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...