Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

LinvilleGorge

Tua Tagovailoa facing "Bo Jackson type hip injury"

Recommended Posts

dolphins staff and fans must be in full meltdown that they just tanked a season for this

  • Pie 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I'm an NFL team I'd rather him handle as much if the rehab process as possible in-house. Well, unless I'm the Panthers with our medical staff. In which case, I'd probably reach out to Independence High School or the like and have them handle it.

There's Cam Newton then there is Ross Cockerell and Thomas Davis and Ryan Kalil and Jordan Gross and Steve Smith and other guys who successfully rehabbed from significant injuries. Maybe Cam Newton is just not a good healer. That's not a knock on him but people are different,

Edited by Moo Daeng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moo Daeng said:

There's Cam Newton then there is Ross Cockerell and Thomas Davis and Ryan Kalil and Jordan Gross and other guys who successfully came back from significant injuries. Maybe Cam Newton is just not a good healer. That's not a knock on him but people are different,

I would include TD as a prime example of one our medical staff botched. His first two surgeries were by the team surgeon. When he finally sought outside help for surgery he magically had no further issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn.

 

Best of luck on the recovery Tua.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Popsickle said:

True, but Tua should have none of the difficulties Bo had. Bo’s issue was do to the bleeding that wasn’t initially addressed if I remember correctly.  Add in another 30yrs of medical science and Tua should make a recover and not have a career ended like Bo. 

Even if there is immediate reduction(putting it back in place) there is still the risk of avascular necrosis which means the bone dies due to lack of blood. He has a much better chance than Bo but he still isn’t out of the woods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would include TD as a prime example of one our medical staff botched. His first two surgeries were by the team surgeon. When he finally sought outside help for surgery he magically had no further issues.

Is this a documented situation?  Who were the doctors you are referencing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Is this a documented situation?  Who were the doctors you are referencing?

The first two were performed by team doctor Pat Connor. The third was by renowned knee specialist Dr. James Andrews.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Bo Jackson's injury notoriously mishandled?  With today's tech, I don't think you can really make the parallel.

I'd  take a shot on him at #20ish if he falls.  Why not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Popsickle said:

That’ll be the real question, if he enters the draft now or stays another year due to the injury. 

I would stay another year. Simply for the fact all your bills will be paid for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The first two were performed by team doctor Pat Connor. The third was by renowned knee specialist Dr. James Andrews.

Gotcha, thanks.

You said:  " I would include TD as a prime example of one our medical staff botched. His first two surgeries were by the team surgeon."

Is there any documented evidence Pat Connor "botched" the first 2 surgeries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, saX man said:

Wasn't Bo Jackson's injury notoriously mishandled?  With today's tech, I don't think you can really make the parallel.

I'd  take a shot on him at #20ish if he falls.  Why not. 

Depends on his medicals. Why not? Because our entire DL needs rebuilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SBiii said:

Gotcha, thanks.

You said:  " I would include TD as a prime example of one our medical staff botched. His first two surgeries were by the team surgeon."

Is there any documented evidence Pat Connor "botched" the first 2 surgeries?

He required second and third surgeries.

Not sure if it was due to botched surgeries or poorly handled rehab, but either way the end result was failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

He required second and third surgeries.

So by definition if an injury recurs for any reason it's because the previous surgery to address it was botched, gotcha. 

Do you believe TD58 thinks the surgeries were botched?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SBiii said:

So by definition if an injury recurs for any reason it's because the previous surgery to address it was botched, gotcha. 

Do you believe TD58 thinks the surgeries were botched?

I edited my post well before your quote to clarify this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I edited my post well before your quote to clarify this.

Not quite sure what you are referencing here...

That said, my understanding is you are saying Pat Connor botched the two knee surgeries he did for TD58. 

Is my understanding accurate or inaccurate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...