Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

LinvilleGorge

Tua Tagovailoa facing "Bo Jackson type hip injury"

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Not quite sure what you are referencing here...

That said, my understanding is you are saying Pat Connor botched the two knee surgeries he did for TD58. 

Is my understanding accurate or inaccurate?

 

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He required second and third surgeries.

Not sure if it was due to botched surgeries or poorly handled rehab, but either way the end result was failure.

Not sure how I can make it any clearer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

 

Not sure how I can make it any clearer. 

OK gotcha.  I had not seen this clarification prior to your post here -- thanks.

 

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He required second and third surgeries.

Not sure if it was due to botched surgeries or poorly handled rehab, but either way the end result was failure.

As for this, have you considered option #3 for both post surgery ACL tears? 

Namely, bad luck...?

Also, do you believe TD58 lost faith in Pat Connor and that's why he used Andrews for the 3rd surgery? 

(by definition that's kind of what you are saying...if it were the "rehab" wouldn't have needed to switch doctors)

Edited by SBiii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SBiii said:

OK gotcha.  I had not seen this clarification prior to your post here -- thanks.

 

As for this, have you considered option #3? 

Namely, bad luck...?

Also, do you believe TD58 lost faith in Pat Connor and that's why he used Andrews for the 3rd surgery?

I don't know if he lost faith or not, but I think after a third year he knew this was his last straw so he better go to the main man. He had reportedly considered going to Andrews for the second one but ended up going with the team doc again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would include TD as a prime example of one our medical staff botched.

You seem to be backing away from this statement.

(which is perfectly ok!)

 

Edited by SBiii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SBiii said:

You seem to be backing away from this statement.

(which is perfectly ok!)

 

No, I'm not. You just read what you want to read. Whether it was the surgeries or the rehab, the first two were botched. He went for outside help on the third one and never had another issue.

It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, I'm not. You just read what you want to read. Whether it was the surgeries or the rehab, the first two were botched. He went for outside help on the third one and never had another issue.

It is what it is.

Nothing was botched. 

Most injuries are random and/or bad luck, including all 3 of TD58's ACL tears. 

Each successive ACL surgery TD58 had was more complex.  It is true that all surgeons are not created equal.  Pat Connor was perfectly capable of handling each of the surgeries he performed, and he did just fine on both.  There was nothing wrong with the rehab after either surgery.

The 3rd surgery was more complex than the first 2 and Andrews was better suited to perform that particular operation.   It was a good decision. 

TD58's luck has been much better since.

Oh wait....he did break his forearm in the NFC Championship Game in Feb of 2016, two short weeks before the Super Bowl....

....that was bad luck.

Care to guess who performed the surgery prescribed the rehab on that arm? 

Both of which combined allowed TD58 to play in Super Bowl 50...

Yup....Dr. Patrick M. Connor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Nothing was botched. 

Most injuries are random and/or bad luck, including all 3 of TD58's ACL tears. 

Each successive ACL surgery TD58 had was more complex.  It is true that all surgeons are not created equal.  Pat Connor was perfectly capable of handling each of the surgeries he performed, and he did just fine on both.  There was nothing wrong with the rehab after either surgery.

The 3rd surgery was more complex than the first 2 and Andrews was better suited to perform that particular operation.   It was a good decision. 

TD58's luck has been much better since.

Oh wait....he did break his forearm in the NFC Championship Game in Feb of 2016, two short weeks before the Super Bowl....

....that was bad luck.

Care to guess who performed the surgery prescribed the rehab on that arm? 

Both of which combined allowed TD58 to play in Super Bowl 50...

Yup....Dr. Patrick M. Connor.

 

Broken bones are a helluva lot easier to deal with than torn ligaments.

One thing is certain. The first two reconstructions were performed by the team doctor and the third was performed by the #1 knee surgeon in the country. The first two failed, the third was successful. But I'm sure that's just coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Broken bones are a helluva lot easier to deal with than torn ligaments.

One thing is certain. The first two reconstructions were performed by the team doctor and the third was performed by the #1 knee surgeon in the country. The first two failed, the third was successful. But I'm sure that's just coincidence.

Do you really believe an elite athlete who has had a surgeon "fail" him twice is ever going to allow the guy to cut on him again?

If a mechanic cheats you twice on transmission repair do you go back to him for a brake job?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Do you really believe an elite athlete who has had a surgeon "fail" him twice is ever going to allow the guy to cut on him again?

If a mechanic cheats you twice on transmission repair do you go back to him for a brake job?

 

It's setting a simple fracture. It's not a big deal. Knee reconstructions are a completely different ball game. Like I said previously, I'm not sure TD so much lost faith in the guy as much as he decided to simply go to the best possible guy out there with his career literally hanging in the balance.

As soon as Andrews operated there was never another issue. That we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tua is there in the 2nd round you absolutely take him, but no way he slips out of the 1st, even with the injury. Dolphins have 3 picks. Raiders 2 picks.

Only reason we won't take him in the 1st is because we badly need a C/OG so we can move on from Paradis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he were to somehow be available at our pick, he should be taken immediately. From what I understand, the Alabams medical staff expect a full recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Like I said previously, I'm not sure TD so much lost faith in the guy as much as he decided to simply go to the best possible guy out there with his career literally hanging in the balance.

That's not what you said. 

You said "our medical staff botched" the job.

You're out of line here.  Casting aspersions on Dr. Connor is misinformed, misguided and inappropriate....

....especially given your new role as an official on the website.

Dr. Connor is a quality surgeon who did quality work on TD58, period. 

BTW, congrats on that new role, I'm sure you will do well.  That said, keep in mind you are now held to a higher standard. 

Cheers mate.

<out>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's setting a simple fracture. It's not a big deal.

PS....your statement could not be further from the truth.  Nothing simple about this...

image.png.9abc0f3974f939979d1de28120ee8eec.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The size of the incision and the number of stitches don't necessarily indicate the complexity of the operation. They inserted hardware to stabilize a firearm fracture. That's about as simple as orthopedic surgery gets.

  • Milkshake 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really easy to speculate on stuff like this without knowledge but simply saying the words doesnt mean there is anything to it. That's certainly the huddle way though. Message board guy questioning doctors means absolutely nothing especially given the tendency to take the pessimist view on literally everything and everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...