Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Untouchable

Tepper Mentions Potential New Stadium Location

5 hours ago, TheRed said:

The timing of the new stadium talk is just horrific.

We have been abysmal at home the last few seasons. Maybe worry about the product on the field before a shiny new stadium.

Worked great for production on the field in ATL for like a season :crying:

5 hours ago, Billy Love said:

My guess is Tepper already has the Foundry property secured. I’ve also heard rumors that pipe and foundry has Purchased new property for relocation in the ashboro area. 

It is actually going to Oakboro about 30 min from there.

Edited by steven8989
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Domes should be banned in the NFL. 

All you people pooing, see Green Bay, See Philly, See Buffalo, See Cinny, Pittsburgh and Cleveland. That’s how football is suppose to be played. 

Ok, Boomer.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Agreed.... and I'd prefer not having our NFL team sharing a field with our soccer team. 

Maybe BOA turns also into bringing an MLB team to Charlotte too....not sure about sightlines if that works, but could help with that as well.

BofA Stadium would be repurposed for MLS.  Upper deck would be taken down in order to build a soccer specific stadium with about 35,000 seats.

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

They have had "casual discussions" and the company was already thinking about relocating

Worked out of an office on Camden once upon a time. If the wind was right you could get a whiff of Price's chicken, Bimbo bakery cinnamon buns, and the burned brake pad smell of the foundry all at once. Good times.

7 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Can’t wait until the dome is built. It’ll be nice to see a game in the ac during the hot months, and in some warmth during the cold.

Hoping we get something similar to the Cowboys stadium and facility. Such a work of art

And while they are at it, put the amtrak station next to the stadium so we can hop on the train in high point, walk over to the stadium and then leave without the horrible traffic on 85.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Proper designs these days are amenitizing all around the stadium grounds and integrating it with the surrounding infrastructure.  Look at everywhere from Nationals park to Petco in SD. 

If this goes through at some point and out for bid, it better be a damn good project team for design.  They could do something really awesome with this area in general and threading the urban fabric in a very strong way.

I'd look to JerryWorld for a possible model.

Definitely get the feeling Tepper is gonna wanna outdo him though.

(wouldn't surprise me if he asked the engineers to create a stadium that can fly like a SHIELD helicarrier) :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

2 consecutive winning seasons and you can have a new stadium.

So what you're saying is they're never getting one?

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

2 consecutive winning seasons and you can have a new stadium.

Don’t forget though Tepper is a northern “transplant”. JR just spent a ton of tax money on stadium upgrades too. Tepper is going to have to put a hell of a show on for the local councils if he wants taxpayer money. Even that could quite possibly be a stretch. 

2 winning(playoff+) seasons if we don’t get the ball going this year or next, we are headed into straight rebuild mode. Doesn't bode well any way we look at it. 

I trust Tepper’s play to bring all this extra to Charlotte though means he’s not gonna move us away. As long as Charlotte keeps up.  

13 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

A retractable dome would be An amazing thing for Charlotte. It gives you:

360 days of usable space

attracts FA who want a controlled environment 

Makes it more comfortable for fans (I brought my 5 year old to the TN game, it was 60 and sunny. However the sun beating down on us was too much and we had to relocate). Also takes away cold and rain

gives Charlotte a better chance at hosting a SB

further makes a case for MLS

gives you a venue for large music concerts or festivals 

It was 60 degrees with sunshine and you had to seek shelter? Wow!

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd look to JerryWorld for a possible model.

Definitely get the feeling Tepper is gonna wanna outdo him though.

(wouldn't surprise me if he asked the engineers to create a stadium that can fly like a SHIELD helicarrier) :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Great.

Just great.

Now on top of everything else the new stadium has to pass FAA regs and inspection. Why don’t we just ask Tepper to make its power source nuclear while we’re at it, so we can get another half dozen government beaucracies involved in approval and inspection.

It'll just make the whole thing take even longer and i’ll bet you dollars to donuts he still won’t let me fly it no matter how much liability insurance I pick up.