Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Tepper and McDaniels "on each other's radar"

... for about a year and a half now, according to Albert Breer on WFNZ today.

Breer also explained that the departure from Indianapolis came because during the process, McDaniels and Colts GM Chris Ballard came to understand they had very different ideas on their vision for the team going forward.

Thus, it'd be important to McDaniels that he and whoever is in leadership in Carolina would see eye-to-eye.

Oh hi, Nick Caserio. You've met Josh, right?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

I don't believe the Patriots are masters at anything besides cheating the best, so for McDaniels to work in Carolina, he's going to need permission from the league to cheat as the Patriots receive (despite small slap on the wrist here or there).

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 5

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Breer also explained that the departure from Indianapolis came because during the process, McDaniels and Colts GM Chris Ballard came to understand they had very different ideas on their vision for the team going forward.

Thus, it'd be important to McDaniels that he and whoever is in leadership in Carolina would see eye-to-eye.

I heard that interview as well.  I got the distinct impression that Breer thinks there is a very good possibility of McDaniels being the hire...at the very least, he will be SERIOUSLY considered.

And I found it interesting to hear more about why McDaniels backed out of the deal with Indy.  It adds some perspective, and makes it look like Josh is not as much of an unreliable flake as it seemed.  

I also found it interesting to hear that Josh has been looking to leave for a couple of years.  But it makes sense that after the Denver fiasco, he'll want to be selective on where he goes.  The greatest thing failure does is show you where you need to improve and allows you to do what you can to fix your flaws.

Edited by Woodie
  • Pie 1

If your a Cam fan you better be rooting for McDaniels. He's the most likely to keep Cam around for his experience and intelligence. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What is this "vision for the team" you speak of?

10 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I heard that interview as well.  I got the distinct impression that Breer thinks there is a very good possibility of McDaniels being the hire...at the very least, he will be SERIOUSLY considered.

And I found it interesting to hear more about why McDaniels backed out of the deal with Indy.  It adds some perspective, and makes it look like Josh is not as much of an unreliable flake as it seemed.  

I also found it interesting to hear that Josh has been looking to leave for a couple of years.  But it makes sense that after the Denver fiasco, he'll want to be selective on where he goes.  The greatest thing failure does is show you where you need to improve and allows you to do what you can to fix your flaws.

I got the same impression.

We only recently found out that Tepper and Robert Kraft formed a close friendship after Kraft went to bat for him in the team sale process. Now Kraft could conceivably be helping Tepper construct the next phase of his team.

• Pie 1

What Pats coordinators have had any success outside of the patriots eco system?

• Pie 3

Don't know how u couldn't be happy to hear something like this. I've been saying I'm tired of the same lets win with defense like we have tried to do for 25 years. NFL is not made to win with defense like it use too. It's time for an offensive mind, I like it!

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, countryboi said:

What Pats coordinators have had any success outside of the patriots eco system?

Exactly. Matt Patricia is certainly not tearing it up in .Motown

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, !stUp said:

Exactly. Matt Patricia is certainly not tearing it up in .Motown

Yet like I said another defensive mind, that is done in this NFL.

Sounds good to me.

I'm sure he's done a lot of growing up since his time in Denver. At least I hope he has. He definitely has the mind for what Tepper is trying to accomplish here.

I liked the added perspective on his last minute decision to not go to Indy. I can't imagine the idea of having to work for that drunk owner helped any.

I'm just happy to finally have an owner wanting to go this ambitious direction.

• Pie 1

I think if you put it up to fans, the more popular choice would be Greg Roman.

Breer made it sound like while Roman might get an interview, the team has serious interest in Josh McDaniels.

For the record, McDaniels is not my first choice either

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think if you put it up to fans, the more popular choice would be Greg Roman.

Breer made it sound like Roman might get an interview, the team has serious interest in Josh McDaniels.

For the record, McDaniels is not my first choice either

Mine either but I wouldn't hate it, would prefer they hire Rhule or Schottenheimer personally