Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Tepper and McDaniels "on each other's radar"

4 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

That’s a good counter point, but the overall view of NE coordinators is that they’ve underperformed in most cases.  Weis, Crennell, McDaniels, Patricia, have all been less that what their clubs had hoped for.  

I believe it’s just a lot of anxiety over getting this correct.  It’s the most important hire in our young history.  It will set the tone for Teppers reign.

True statement, I hope that we/Tepper gets it right as well. I simply want us to be a consistent winning football team. Anyone can and someone will find something they don't like about whoever is hired as HC. I think that Tepper will choose someone that he thinks will fit his vision.

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

No idea if he would be the best choice, but if I was Tepper I’d make sure I sat down with Matt Rhule. 

Rhule reportedly wants total roster control.

Can't see that happening.

The other kind of important part about what was said today is that McDaniels really does want to leave the Patriots.

Sounds like even if he's not with us, he'll be somewhere other than New England.

I believe Josh McDaniels wants roster control too. It's why he pulled out of the Colts job and why he was the sole reason for the trade up for The Golden Calf of Bristol. Im assuming him and Caserio would team up and take control of the roster, while hopefully Hurney helps with scouting and Colbert takes an advisory role. 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The other kind of important part about what was said today is that McDaniels really does want to leave the Patriots.

Sounds like even if he's not with us, he'll be somewhere other than New England.

Good, let somebody else be ruined.

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

I believe Josh McDaniels wants roster control too. It's why he pulled out of the Colts job and why he was the sole reason for the trade up for The Golden Calf of Bristol. Im assuming him and Caserio would team up and take control of the roster, while hopefully Hurney helps with scouting and Colbert takes an advisory role. 

He wanted say in over aspects of the training and medical staff. This was covered in the Breer articles and interview. It states it was not over full roster control 

The Good:  

- Still young and considered a gifted offensive mind

- He and Cam would do well together

- Was brought up under a couple of successful coaches in NFL and college

- Comes from a culture of winning and success

- Would hopefully have Caserio as his GM which would be a helluva pairing in the front office

The Bad:

- I'm not confident in the Belichick Tree of Coordinators-turned-coaches as being successful outside of Foxboro

- Cheaters in NE and was caught bringing that garbage to Denver by filming the 49ers

- Has had the GOAT under center in NE to deliver his vision

- Had a rough first go-round as HC being arrogant, egotistical and rubbing people the wrong way with his personnel decisions

Bottom line for me is that he is near the top of available candidates and I would have a hard time arguing an available coach that is far and away better than McDaniels. I would also have a hard time finding an available coach (McCarthy, Harbaugh, Roman, Garrett, Stephanski, Rhule, Saleh) that doesn't have weaknesses and warts, though different than McD. 

I'll leave the decision to the guys being paid to know this stuff better than me and my opinions. He's not my #1, but I also wouldn't cry if we hired him. Regardless, The Huddle will burn as soon as the new coach/GM are announced...whoever it turns out to be, so what can you do.

people keep saying that the huddle will flip out no matter who is selected. one guy said 60-75% of people will hate ANY pick...

it's just not true, though. if Roman, say, or Bieniemy were picked, you're initially  looking at 20% who'll be hyped, 60% who'll reserve judgment, and 20% - IF that - who'll be instant skeptics

mcdaniels is a different story for very good reasons. people just aren't going to easily get past the fact that he failed horribly in denver AND saint louis, and has never had any notability outside of being a respected company man working within, by far, the best organization in football

people get hung up on the fact that bill belichick failed in Cleveland - thus, gee, any disaster coach is probably just going to magically be belichick in his second try! bill went 36-44 at a dumpster fire - a team that literally announced it was moving cities in the middle of his final season - and clearly wasn't the main problem. in denver, meanwhile, mcdaniels WAS the main problem. and people don't want to be told that he's "grown and matured" with literally zero evidence besides the fact that he has gotten physically older. 

14 hours ago, countryboi said:

What Pats coordinators have had any success outside of the patriots eco system?

O'Brian from the Texans. 

15 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Im not convinced that the Greg Roman offence is not a flash in the pan type offence... While what McDaniels is doing in NE works with sub-par talent (even when Brady is not playing)

I'm not sure Greg Roman is at the top of my list, but he is in the top 5, perhaps top 3. This is his 7th season as an offensive coordinator in the NFL and 6 of those seasons have resulted in a top 12 scoring offense. He's done that with guys like Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor and now Lamar Jackson. That also might tell you what type of QB he would want running his offense (Tua, Hurts or Love)...

19 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Don't know how u couldn't be happy to hear something like this. I've been saying I'm tired of the same lets win with defense like we have tried to do for 25 years. NFL is not made to win with defense like it use too. It's time for an offensive mind, I like it!

McDaniels has proven to be a backstabbing, classless egomaniac who thinks only of himself and was mediocre at best in Denver.

There have to be better offensive options.

19 hours ago, !stUp said:

Exactly. Matt Patricia is certainly not tearing it up in .Motown

Who ever does? What Pats coordinator hasn't coached for a cellar team tbh. McDaniels is about the only one and Denver isn't the most successful franchise unless they have Payton Manning and the NFL cheating for them.